My pal has broke his outcast twice and its the two times he has used it since he bought it two weeks back. Arrma generally produces bigger, faster and more powerful cars that may be better in the hands of an experienced driver than a newbie. Money no object at all? Have you seen any of the videos where people go absolutely ham with the maxx. You can find a wide range of upgrade parts and replacement components for both the Kraton 8S and the X-Maxx. Well, i do own the normal Kraton and the Maxx, if that's of any help. Traxxas vs. Arrma Both companies are essential, each providing something unique. It's also worth noting that current Arrma ready-to-run vehicles are including Spectrum Smart Technology which functions similar to some of the Traxxas systems, with the main idea being safe and easy LiPo charging. Spares generally are rather cheap, so is the widekit imho (4 extended drive shafts, two front arms, two rear arms, two toe links and two stiffer shocks for the rear, 52), but yeah. traxxas link setup out of after market parts that one was half as good or two cheaper lmao. Clear editor. As you assess durability and build quality, consider the Arrma Kraton 8s robust construction, which includes a 7075 T6 aluminum chassis, reinforced composite arms, and heavy-duty drivetrain components. I was making this same decision just after Christmas, I went kraton 4s based on watching videos I preferred the handling of the kraton, far to much turning over on the traxxass . Do you want a nitro ready-to-run RC car because Traxxas offers them? How about a mini? Losi just offers more durability. It's like apple vs samsung or xbox vs playstation lol, X maxx v1 diffs yep had that issue what 2-3 years ago and since theyve been addressed, like a few other bits as well and Im sure other brands make improvements as well over time. You cannot paste images directly. in On-Road & Drifting, By Losi, on the other hand, does not offer such great support and this is one of the reasons it may not be the perfect option for a beginner. Now, this doesnt mean that Traxxas models are not durable, far from it. There will be some on there but just like the ones on here if you can't talk to them rationally about things then just ignore them and don't respond. Both models can handle impressive aerial feats, so your decision may come down to personal preference. And the 6S is Truggy, not in no way comparable to the Revo. If money isn't a concern, i'd argue the Maxx is the better 4s truck. This means you have a really bulky setup that's very top heavy. Thanks to everyone who's posted so far. The Arrma Kraton 8s and the Traxxas X-Maxx are two exceptional RC vehicles that have garnered a considerable following among hobbyists and enthusiasts. Can't agree with that. The suspension systems on both trucks provide excellent handling and shock absorption, but the X-Maxx has a slightly more sophisticated setup. Traxxas makes their money on parts, so expect to need upgrades or a lot of replacements. Traxxas primarily makes beginner-friendly RC's with a narrow focus on creating extreme RC's. I've never seen an RC take so much abuse and keep going. Subreddit devoted to RC Cars, Buggies, Truggies, Short Course Trucks, and everything in-between! Looking to get a basher. It is my duty to you to provide you with my honest and unbiased opinion about the products that appear on this channel to help you make informed decisions. Your previous content has been restored. The 6S BLX experience ingratiated many people to the Arrma brand. All Rights Reserved. Won't say it was a bad buggy, Or Truggy, Or Monster truck, I don't know what you call it, And it did look good, But it was overrated, To say it's a tough basher, Thento followit by saying once you sort out the arms and the diffs is a bit misleading on the term tough basher, Not to talk about the drive shafts and chassis bulkhead. 600 is ludicrous for any 10th scale. Way more than it takes to do lasting damage to a Kraton (of any size). 1200XL brushless motor.TQi 2.4GHz radio.ESC and motor fans.The steering servo. Its strong chassis and reinforced parts make it an excellent choice for users looking for a vehicle that can withstand extreme bashing and jumps. When you spend more money on something, You want more, It may not be better, It may not add anything, But I paid more, I want to see and feel quality. Making something back flip is just about thickening the centre diff and not too much else. I know the radio gear is not great on the Outcast and I know the Maxx is more money. I'm not sure if Traxxas offers it too, but RPM does i think. The Arrma plastic chassis sadly has a nasty habit of snapping at the rear end , whilst its a fairly cheap fix it also takesout the rear diff at the same time making it a costly repair ! That's worth money imo. Robin UrenJanuary 22, 2020 in General - Electric. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. The Kraton 8s features a responsive steering system, aided by thick sway bars and durable suspension components. Arrma provides for the needs of those looking for raw high-speed 6S expertise with a significant variety of premium RTR and EXP. Shipping on orders of $99 or more*.  See complete details >. Privacy Policy. Arrma Typhon, Arrma Limitless, Losi Tenacity DB Pro, Mardave Venom Pulsar, Tamiya FF03, Tamiya Hornet, Trail Finder 2 / TRX-4 / Sherpa / X-Maxx 8s / Infraction 3s / Traxxas XRT soon, Losi DBXL-E 2.0 Fox Edition - Professional Package Available - 4 batteries, Charger, Bluetooth module and more. Traxxas has better aftermarket/ customer support, The 4 Best RC Car Kits for Complete Beginners, How to Pick an RC Car: The Complete Buyers Guide, Traxxas VS Arrma (Which Brand Is The Best Choice & Why? RenJutley, March 30 But for the average user, it will be undisputably stronger than anything else they can buy. A good RC car doesnt have to cost a fortune. It has a more efficient drivetrain and a longer battery life than the X-Maxx, making it better suited for longer runs. It's unfortunate that men in their 40s can't have an objective conversation about toy cars, but here we are. Your previous content has been restored. The 6S will run perfectly fine on 4S. TRAXXASandARRMAare among the top RC brands, providing the most exciting experience and mind-boggling performance on both off-road and smooth terrain racing. I know the arrma 4s v2 trucks aren't actually out yet, but does anyone know how the diffs are set up? Someone does. Will compare properly tomorrow when back in the mancave! Arrma Kraton 8S: Extremely high-precision metal parts ensure durability. Welcoming . Ultimately, both of these monster trucks are excellent options, and the choice between them comes down to personal preference and specific needs. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. and our Saying that kev Talbot sent one to the moon 20-30ft in the air dozens of times before eventually breaking it. I can't however decide which one of these i should get. Youre going to find that its easier to see other models at your local hobby shop than a Losi model. Rear bulkheads, not great, but I didn't break many. What I'm saying is that Arrma have taken a design,or class of truck and Buggythat has been about for donkeys years, Put some nice bright red all over it, Put it in a flashy box, And some are making out they have reinvented the wheel, They have not, It's just good marketing, With some good pricing to start off with, That is starting to creepupnow they are being talked about in the same breath as Traxxas, When it comes to tough, I would put my 10 year Hong Nor up against anything Arrma or Traxxas has to offer. So whats wrong with the electrics Ive yet to see one smoke on the Traxxas Maxx and the Arrma 4s range seem fine as well if your going all throttle curve techno info then the 6s Arrma dont have that option either. I always run my buggies on 4S and often my truggies on 4S. Not a huge angle but certainly more than my Outcast. in Introductions & Welcomes, Arrma 4s range vs Traxxas Maxx - opinions pls ( without the slagging! The Arrma plastic chassis sadly has a nasty habit of snapping at the rear end , whilst it's a fairly cheap fix it also takes out the rear diff at the same time making it a costly repair ! The Xmaxx, with its durable suspension and potent Velineon VXL-8s motor, also performs well on jumps. By I have my replacement radio gear ready, as I've heard nothing but bad things about the stx2 and the spekky rx is not compatible with the dx3s, my controller of choice! in On-Road & Drifting, By It's maddening how tough that thing is. It's thick and stiff, and has an awesome look to it. The Facebook groups get this way too. Probably cheaper than getting it from traxxas too . Any specific weak parts? You can learn more about us and our story here. The Maxx is a tough little truck and has great electrics (odd for a Traxxas I know ) its unique and in a class of its own and when you have a hard core Arrma fan bashing one and stating how good it is you surely have to sit up and think. I could only show that off in 2 weeks, since i do want the arms in blue (to go with me rock n roll lid/blue shocks). A fool and his money are easily parted. I can understand it's ludicrous price a bit more now that I've seen it in action. They run absolutely fine on 4S. Both vehicles can endure a fair share of punishment, but the Kraton 8s aluminum chassis might provide a slight advantage in terms of rigidity. The Xmaxx, on the other hand, requires two 4s LiPo batteries as well, but its run time varies from 20-30 minutes. Toggle the accessibility view on the website. Can't agree with that. Looking at the basic design it lacks steering angle period but I have a few geo changes to try before I make my mind up completely. The Traxxas system has TKI transmitters, link apps, ID batteries, and charger systems that work with their app, and there is a toll-free customer support line. Yep you do need to work on being more objective and stop just hating on Traxxas at every given opportunity so I fully agree with you on that , Doesnt make you a fanboy because you want a truck and are willing to pay whatever it costs. On the other hand, the Xmaxx features a Velineon VXL-8s motor, enabling it to reach speeds up to 50 mph. I guess it's just a reflection of society today. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. So is thicker shock oil, and potentially a new battery brace (my Rapid 4s packs wouldn't fit, but mileage may vary - i'm only missing around 0.5mm clearance, barely doesn't clear the pack). If it were me (and it sort of is) I am waiting for the 4s Outcast to come back into stock, and barring a massive price hike (contacts have told me it will go up but by about 30 at the most) I will be ordering. Why buy a 6s truck and run it at 4s if thats the case you can a 4s Arrma Traxxas etc and run that on 3s And there be fine then. Which is more durable? If your gonna spend 500 quid, get 500 quids worth of car. Likewise, the Xmaxxs sturdy build and potent motor allow it to conquer a range of surfaces effortlessly. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. The Kraton 8s powerful motor and robust suspension system allows it to soar through the air with ease. The compromises for me personally were the shocks and the steering. Are These The Best First RC Cars For Kids? There is nothing quite as fun as taking your kids or just yourself out and having fun with an RC Car, Boat, Plane, or even Drone. Traxxas will actually ban you for even vaguely suggesting their products aren't faultless. The Infraction and the XO-1, the Granite and the Stampede, the Kraton, and the E-revo are examples of similar cars from both brands even though they're on different platforms. The Tekno is probably going to be the better truck - and more adjustable/tuneable too. Arrma is a company that primarily makes extreme basher vehicles and also makes beginner-friendly vehicles. Plastic steering links? Clear editor. Handles great in the air. are among the top RC brands, providing the most exciting experience and mind-boggling performance on both off-road and smooth terrain racing. Only a few years later, Arrma began creating larger, more aggressive RTR brushless vehicles. I like it a lot, and i don't regret spending as much on it as i did (though, there's moments of clarity, where you can hear my wallet faintly weep), but yeah. Paste as plain text instead, Continue with Recommended Cookies. Arrma Kraton 4S vs. Traxxas Maxx comparison review! Traxxas is a company that primarily makes beginner-friendly RC's and also happens to make a few extreme kits. What I like about Arrma is that it looks more stable and controllable and it's 6s however i heard that the Traxxas Maxx is much more durable. However, to help you decide between the three, we will go into more depth about each manufacturer in the rest of this article. This is where I have been interested in finding out a little more about the Maxx. Top RC Car & Truck Lists - What is the Best RC Car? You cannot paste images directly. I found it easy to work on, handled like a dream, tough basher once RPM had been applied. Renowned as being in a class of its own which is reflected in its price? DRAWING THE LINE There is barely any line to be drawn here between TRAXXAS and ARRMA because a brand choice depends on your prevailing need and desire. To see the most popular RC cars currently on the market just click here. If your gonna spend 500 quid, get 500 quids worth of car. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, the Kraton 8S has its advantages. I am worried the Maxx will feel more like a 10th scale truck than something like the losi, but I've read that it feels pretty planted and stable. The Maxx out of the box feels just "right". My current battery brace. Hey, my name is Matt & this is my wife Hannah. Inquiry:contact@thercvalleys.com(10 am - 8:30 pm ET, Monday to Saturday)Get Directions: 25 S Main St, Sherburne, NY 13460, United States. I really like my Maxx, and i wouldn't trade it for a MT410 - but i certainly will get a MT410 alongside it eventually. Plastic CVDs are crap. Honestly the maxx is in a completely different league compared to the arrma in terms of design and durability. Pasted as rich text. Picking the best brand of RC car is difficult as Traxxas, Losi, and Arrma are all excellent manufacturers making choosing between them a tough exercise seeing as each brand offers a variety of RC vehicles, each having some really excellent features that make them stand out. The Kraton 8ss robust construction and powerful motor enable it to traverse mud, gravel, grass, and more with ease. Beginners always have to spend a lot of time bashing as they learn the ropes of RC racing, so, if youre a beginner, you might want to consider getting a Traxxas. But yes she does look narrow. Arrma has grown exponentially by providing powerful vehicles for off-road and rough terrain with RTR and EXP rollers. in For RC Sales, By Arrma RC's Kraton EXB Jan 28, 2023 #4 Kevin_McCubbin said: Has anyone seen the new Traxxas Sledge 6S VXL. Arrma vehicles are typically bigger and faster so they are better suited for more advanced users. Each vehicle has a unique set of accessories, so you can customize your RC car to fit your style. Honestly, all three brands have great models and you likely would be happy getting an RC car from any one of them. Only real let down was the tiny diffs made of sintered steel, utter garbage. So I'd go with the one you like the look of most. Producing vehicles that were of high appeal to enthusiasts, the brand grew quickly and has over the years, remained one of the best and most competitive RC brands. It's simply not worth that kind of money. Only if you have a love of Arrma and dont dare to question anyone let alone comment on the need for there lust for upgrades. When it comes to tackling various terrains, both the Kraton 8s and the Xmaxx excel. Arrma's EXtreme Bash models are best suited for the experienced RC'r who understands radio control. Both models provide smooth turning and handling, but the Xmaxxs self-righting feature may give it a slight advantage in certain situations. Traxxas offers quite a few. Looking for a boat Traxxas has them. Need a drone? I couldnt have been happier with my choice , from reviews I think the maxx is possibly more durable but driving this is so nice . The Kraton's flexibility helps to keep the cost to own down. Pasted as rich text. Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareall things R/C! Plastic and aluminum aside, it looks like the Maxx can take a little more abuse. I think i've read that somewhere. Both trucks feature adjustable, oil-filled shocks, and long-travel suspension systems designed for off-road use. Traxxas is a company that primarily . Affiliate links:Get the Kraton 4x4 4S at: https://bit.ly/2ypq96CGet the Traxxas Maxx at: https://bit.ly/3e904rKWe recommend Gens Ace batteries: https://bit.ly/3c4z3qV Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/razorrc.ig https://www.facebook.com/razorrcIt's time to do the showdown between the Arrma Kraton 4x4 4S BLX and the brand new Traxxas Maxx! Yes, quite. Your link has been automatically embedded. Thx in advance TooTall Well-Known Member Messages 472 Reaction score 483 Arrma RC's 4x4-Mega Granite Infraction Kraton 8S Kraton 6s Mojave Nero Notorious Talion Typhon 6s Jan 23, 2020 #2 Kraton 4s Warby "Hurry up and wait" RenJutley, March 30 I look forward to making more great reviews for you. Kpowell911, Sunday at 09:50 At low speed it does turn on a dime. Kpowell911, Sunday at 09:50 The body on the Outcast is nothing short of perfect if you are a basher. With all ups and downs that brings with it. I would definitely say it's the toughest truck out there. Don't ever visit either the Arrma or Traxxas forums either. Can I Use A Car Charger To Charge A Power Wheels Battery? The Maxx diffs really the main selling point for me. With a Velineon 3500kV Brushless Motor, waterproof Electronic Speed Control, and the Traxxas EZ-Start, one-button setup, the Rustler VXL provides newcomers with speed and power that won't get out of control. Still capable of backflips and high speeds? Overheating? Their customer support is top-notch and honestly, no other RC brand comes close when it comes to this aspect. Paste as plain text instead, Performance? I didn't spend big all in one go, I addressed problems as they arose. So, in the event you haven't seen yet, traxxas just released a direct competitor to the K6s, the sledge. Which Arrma model is the Traxxas Maxx competitor? Well, look no further! ARRMA 27T Mod1 Safe-D8 Pinion Gear, ARA311047, ARRMA RC Truck 1/5 KRATON 4X4 8S BLX Brushless Speed Monster Truck RTR (Ready-to-Run), Orange, ARA110002T2, ARRMA 1/5 Rear Wing: KRATON 4X4 8S BLX, ARA480022, ARRMA AR320366 Wheelie Bar Set Outcast: ARAC9493,Black, ARRMA 1/5 Painted Body, Black: KRATON 4X4 8S EXB, ARA409008, ARRMA 1/5 Painted Body, Orange: KRATON 4X4 8S BLX, ARA409007, 8 Best RC Hauler Bags To Transport Your Gear In Style 2023. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Maxx is basically a mini x maxx, most consider it one of the toughest rc money can buy. This 1/16 scale model is 4WD and can reach a top speed of almost 30 MPH! Since Losi shows more commitment to making quality car parts, their cars tend to be a lot more durable especially the models made primarily for racing. RC Drift Cars - How to get into RC Drifting, RC Racing Tips for the Beginner Racer and Mistakes to Avoid. It's, as i said, Traxxas. By Kraton also has a shorter charging downtime period as compared to Traxxas. Not sure the Traxxas link is really much more than a gimmick. ( And with the bits I have lay around would not really cost that much morethan the Maxx but always interested to try others - that said, now I remember how much all that shiny M2c stuff cost me). It's very Traxxas in that regard. Literally ever. However, it is essential to properly maintain and clean the trucks after use in wet or muddy conditions to avoid damage and prolong their lifespan. The Arrma 6S cars are basically 1/8 scale buggies and truggies. I'm fully aware of Traxxas pricing, it's ridiculous. Traxxas vs. Arrma Both companies are essential, each providing something unique. You'd have to break the Arrma and repair it again a fair few times before you're even close to the cost of a Maxx. So how did we get here? Man oh man same old same old a Traxxas thread comes up and it all goes to pot. Whilst opinions naturally do differ I have been of the opinion that they are good value, offer reasonableperformance, and are generally robust. Its the same in the real world you can buy a budget friendly Hyundai or go all out and get a Bentley both will get you to where your going . Is Traxxas the best brand? . The Maxx and X-Maxx are awesome, out there all on their own with virtually zero competition. Most Arrma cars run on a 6s system out of the box, while most Traxxas cars run on a 3s system out of the box. m4inbrain, April 4 Ultimately, the choice between the Arrma Kraton 8s and the Traxxas X-Maxx will depend on individual preferences and requirements. Or a Hobao Hyper MT Plus II on 4s (either one still cheaper than the Maxx). No, the only Traxxas rigs i own/owned are the both the Maxx and X-Maxx, and a TRX-4 which i now regret selling. They look the same really but as i said i don't know overall size. in On-Road & Drifting, By I have TRX4s, TRX6, Slash 4x4 ultimate, Element Enduro. My Outcast had thick diff oil in the rear to help with take offs so did not steer well at speed but the talion was quite sweet with smaller tyres and thinner diff oil. If Id have gone the other way and bought the maxx Id still have a big cheesy grin every time I squeezed that trigger . Over the years, Traxxas kept creating more vehicles of all different sizes and speeds in two-wheel and four-wheel drive in electric and nitro for on-road and off, all aimed at making RC easy. Arrma greatly resembles Traxxas . Here's why. . On the other hand, the Traxxas X-Maxx shines in its overall size, stability, and ease of use. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. What do u guys recommend. Well, I just bought a kraton 6s, I love it, happy with my purchase so far, seems like a well built car. If parts weren't an issue I would keep it but it's just not viable. Looks like only Traxxas replacements would fit. They would typically either be willing to give you clear instructions on how to fix it, sell you the exact parts you need, or even offer to fix it for you for a fee. We are the founders of Race N RCs. That's great, for more specific Arrma info and help try signing up to the forum. in For RC Sales, By RenJutley, March 30 in For RC Sales, By We may earn commission from links on this page at no extra cost to you. However, it looks like all the youtubers are still praising the Maxx durability above all others. If you take price out of the equation, i don't think you really can compare either. If money isn't a concern, i'd argue the Maxx is the better 4s truck. With the innovative thinking of Traxxas, including its meticulous fun designs, it is easy for anyone to get started in radio control. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. I know a ton of people with Traxxas cars and none of them use Traxxas link in any way, shape or form. Display as a link instead, I think I'm settled on the arrma 6s, tomorrow I'll report back, the model shop I go to has a small test track, so, I can see what they both feel like and decide. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Chief Editor @The RC Valleys (or, in plain English, I'm the guy responsible for ensuring that every blog post we publish is helpful for our readers. It looks like Traxxas copied the Kraton 6s design. On these premises, the battle line is drawn. You certainly can't bend it, and while i've seen videos of people snap an X-Maxx in half (KT), it takes a lotto do so (the Maxx chassis is almost a copy, just smaller/lighter). That person I've regularly drive with at probably the busiest RC park in the South of the UK. The Arrma Kraton 8s offers a wide range of aftermarket parts and upgrades, allowing you to enhance its performance, handling, and appearance. *This post may contain affiliate links. Surely the Tekno trumps both? Bit slow imho, but i don't find it too slow for a MT.
Cairns Helmet Stickers, Eye Problems After Covid Recovery, Articles A