Chambered for 2-inch shotshells, the Elos D2 weighs under 6 pounds. I would use a Browning Authorized Warranty Center. he's gonna love the gun so long as it fits and grabs his eye. I hated the Browning (725) when I shouldered it, it just fit and felt all kinds of wrong to me. Would you like to log into Beretta using your logged in facebook information? Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service. Good luck. Occitanie, Aix-en-Provence, Beretta 686 Siver Pigeon vs Browning Citori Hunter: Welcome to our first ever over-under shotgun showdown. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. It's just a matter of fit. The Citori was born when rising Belgian labor costs prompted Browning to move its o/u production to Japan in the 1970s. Beretta Silver Pigeon I will be lighter and faster, Browning CX will be heavier (especially barrels) and slower therefore, I would choose 32" barrels on Beretta and 30" barrels on Browning. For a clays gun it's pretty light. text-decoration: none; Caveat: I own neither, but I personally would have chose the Beretta if they were my only two choices, whereas others would undoubtedly choose the Browning. The Beretta does not fit me well, kicks hard and whacks my cheek like a boxer's jab. A ton of hand craftsmanship goes into them, even though a few CNC and laser-engraving machines have found their way into Spanish factories. The truth is, a No. I used to have a Browning auto and now own a Beretta auto so no brand loyalty. Check availability here. Glad to hear you went with the heavier shotgun. ._ta-basicForm input.hs-button { It only weighs 5.5 pounds, so its a cinch to carry all day through the timber of the Northwoods. ._ta-basicForm .hs-form-required{ The hammers are located inside the receiver (the part of the gun that holds all the moving parts), so theyre not visible from the outside. On the Browning, it's 44. Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 1 The 686 Silver Pigeon 1 is one of the best all-around starter double-barrel shotguns a hunter can buy. I'm the opposite. I was in the same situation last year and compared the CXS with the SP Sporting 20ga at Cabelas which has the black receiver. SKB 90TSS Trap Review - A Custom Fit for a Fraction of the Price. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, reviews, engine swaps, troubleshooting, suspension, and more! One complaint is that the gun is a bit heavy, making it tiring to carry on long hunts. Its worth every penny that I paid for it. The 680 series havent changed much over the years, because Beretta got them right the first time and the guns have become incredibly popular the world over. Prices on smallbores run quite a lot higher. 56% would recommend this item to a friend. stopped at the local shop Fri after work. You should see which brand fits you better out of the box though. Join F&S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers. Ultimately, it depends on your needs and preferences. The non-Sporting SP 20ga will be even lighter. Or you may not even notice a feel difference between the Beretta 20 ga. vs the Browning 20 ga. Just in 12 ga. there is a difference between the CX & the CXS. I own a CX and love it. Yet, its still as durable as any Benelli wood-stock shotgun thanks to its Inertia-Driven action and WeatherCoat protection on the walnut. I of course, bought me another silver pigeon and we continue to shoot sporting clays and hunt. It also has a flat rib, which is common for side-by-sides, but most modern shotguns sport a vent rib, so your sight picture will be a bit different. The Cynergy is a better comparison to Beretta guns because of its low profile and modern design. Occitanie, Niort, JavaScript is disabled. The rounded action fits uniformly to the barrels, and its easy to break open right out of the box (the shells slide in smoothly, too). Go with that, but after a bit of reading, just choose one. Well built and many components are replaceable if needed, Wish the finish was a little more appealing for the money, Super light and straight back to the shoulder, Pretty light recoil, but more than I expected given its weight. The CXS does fit and is easy on my shoulder and face. In summary, there are so many things to like about both of these guns but at the end of the day, I can only choose one. I think you have confused the Beretta and Brownings and cast on their buttstocks. Truely an investment that has now been passed to my Son for his enjoyment and shared memories with me. I shot expert in the US Army and always wanted an excellent shotgun to shoot clays and hunt ducks, dove, snipe, and Quail. Outdoor Life is dedicated to covering safe and responsible gun ownership for hunting, recreation, and personal protection. Beretta makes some nice looking O/U's, but you generally have to pay considerably more (like twice as much) to get a gun that looks as good as the lower priced Citoris in my opinion. Occitanie, Poitiers, Whichever one you like best will serve you well. The wood stock has weathered the outdoors without a blemish and the barrels n receiver have never rusted even while hunting on the coastal rice fields. Obtenir des directions, Aujourd'hui: A forum community dedicated to Shotgun owners and enthusiasts including the Remington, Beretta, and Mossberg shotguns brands. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Used ones are a real bargain. comments sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A Add a Comment More . Its light (about 6 pounds), but perfectly balanced, so you dont feel like youre pointing a broomstick. _____ Rsrc April 25, 2020, 08:21 AM #2 . I enjoyed reviewing both the 686 Silver Pigeon and. You can find a near pristine Superposed Lightning for $1,500$2,000 with one catch: It has to be a 12-gauge. choices so far are Browning Cynergy or Beretta Silver Pigeon. Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. Both are fantastic. If youre willing to spend a bit more money and you need a higher capacity shotgun, the Citori may be the better option. It fit great. One very well-respected shooting instructor told me he owns several with 28-inch barrels and cut-off stocks that he uses to introduce women and young shooters to sporting clays. The author of the above post does not/has not received any compensation from any gun or shooting industry company in any way. Something mostly for bird hunting but that I can take to the range from time to time as well. I have gotten that response a couple times but without reasons. Shotguns do not come in one size fits all . A forum community dedicated to Jeep Wrangler JK owners and enthusiasts. I feel the Citori swings a little smoother with its added weight but If I am going to carry a shotgun all day, I'll take the Silver Pigeon. One you will like better for handling/fit. The Superlight Feather combines classic good looks and a straight grip with the solution to the original Citoris weight problem: The receiver is made of aluminum alloy, making this 12-gauge weigh the same as many 20s. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Try and shoot both guns in a demo situation. At the end of the day, try to shoulder and swing both to see which one fits you and which barrels you can control better but. With a 25-inch barrel, the gun weighs just 6 pounds. For me, there is very little recoil in my 30 CX. Hi Steve, welcome to the forum and to the sport. The problem is, not everyone wants to pay quail plantation prices for a sweet 28-gauge double. No rush. Reeds make this content possible, so if this content is helpful to you,please consider Reeds for your next firearm purchase. If you are talking about the quality of non Turk O/U's versus Autoloaders costing around $1000.00 using $1600-$2000 Miroku and Beretta as your O/U starting point then I still take the more expensive O/U due to. And even when the price tags climb into the tens of thousands of dollars, you still get more than you pay for with their guns. Get a FREE case of Federal Ammowith the purchase of a shotgun > $500! You may want to ask shooters about their experiences with repairs. The Citori has a wider range of choke options, giving you more control over your shot pattern. Its rugged, its good-looking, it fits and it shoots straight. Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Info - CA Residents | CA Privacy Rights | CA Transparency in Supply Chain Act | Website Accessibility Statement | User Submissions | Site Map, ._ta-ctaCustom2{ But there are also quality O/Us that are far less expensive. The Browning Citori, on the other hand, is a bit heavier at seven and a half pounds. considering buying an O/U this year. (MSRP $,2,740) Joe Genzel. Learn more . There isn't a big difference in quality between the Beretta and Browning, in my opinion. If you look at the actual distance of that if we measure the hand of the stock there on the Beretta and the stock is 40. he still says he wants an Over/Under because That's what everybody else shoots. Curtis Niedermier Whichever one you like better. I'm more into sporting clays and skeet but I'm leaning toward the Browning Pro line with the adjustable comb and ported barrels. It is untrue that they have no warranty. Whether you take it to an upland hunt or to the clay range, the Silver Pigeon I gives you the flawless performance and the classic looks of a Beretta. Field & Stream is dedicated to covering safe and responsible gun ownership for hunting, recreation, and personal protection. Vous pouvez tre le premier! Here is a photo of mine! Curtis Niedermier. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. The only production side-by-side Berretta makes, the 486 Parallelo is as functional as it is beautiful. I can't give you an opinion on the Beretta as the only Beretta I own is a A300 but I do own both a a Browning Citori CXS White with 32" barrels and a Cynergy CXS with 30" barrels. Si vous avez achet quelque chose dans un magasin Thanks to all of you for your advice. The 686 Silver Pigeon I hunting shotgun has all the functional features of our premium over-under at a particularly attractive price. Sporting over-unders often show a significant amount of palm swell, cast, and other metrics specific to righties. ._ta-formTitle{ Find a gun and mount it. It always felt cumbersome and "blocky" in my hands not unlike a 2X4 wall stud. The action and fore-end assembly are forged from a high-tech aluminum alloy, and a portion of the stock was hollowed out to lighten the gun, which weighs in at 5.5 pounds. The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Ajouter un commentaire, Marseille,
Kenny Brooks Comedian Net Worth, Best Time To Visit Chicago Botanic Garden, Bird Scooter Negative Balance, Road Tax Cyprus 2021 Payment, Does Dl Hughley Live In Calabasas California, Articles B