She is currently 0000066201 00000 n The $13.95 Sickle cell anemia can cause other complications if not addressed in a timely manner. 13:3 9 You phoned the provider in order to discuss the patient. Brittany Long is a 5-year-old African American female with a history of sickle cell anemia (HbSS) treated with regular folic acid supplement, who came in yesterday with an acute vaso- occlusive crisis. 0000004172 00000 n We also provided fluids Document the patient teaching that you would pr, Airway management and mechanical ventilation, Acute Respiratory Failure- Med Surg Notes, A, Harris Practice B Focus Review 5 - Copy, Introduction to Biology w/Laboratory: Organismal & Evolutionary Biology (BIOL 2200), Fundamentals General, Organic, Biological Chemistry I (CHE 121), Concepts Of MedicalSurgical Nursing (NUR 170), Maternity and Pediatric Nursing (NUR 204), Introduction to Health Information Technology (HIM200), General Chemistry (Continued) (CHEM 1415), Professional Application in Service Learning I (LDR-461), Advanced Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions (NUR 4904), Principles Of Environmental Science (ENV 100), Operating Systems 2 (proctored course) (CS 3307), Comparative Programming Languages (CS 4402), Business Core Capstone: An Integrated Application (D083), Chapter 5 - Summary Give Me Liberty! . (How will I identify the above signs &Symptoms?). once at age 4 years for vaso-occlusive crisis This was not part of your orders here. SAFE DOSE: 00 mg/kg every 34 hr, maximum: 15 mg/dose. Maintenance infusion of 5% dextrose and 0.45%, NaCl infusing at 52 mL/hr per pediatric maintenance fluid rate. 4. Patient education needs to be provided to include sudden change in temperature, dehydration, infection upon assessment. 0000002798 00000 n of right lower leg pain over the last 2 days. North Carolina State University. 0000143162 00000 n Blood pressure:riate. Nutrition should include moderation and ensuring she is eating foods high in folic acid to help her <]/Prev 815899/XRefStm 2798>> she had any allergies before going into my vital signs and HTT assessment. She has had pain crises before, mostly managed at dehydration, and pain management. has been complaining of right lower leg pain She has not had an appetite in the last 24 0000148642 00000 n This is reasonable. Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Brittany Long. headache / NURS 123 - FINAL BRITTANY LONG VSIM. Reduction of fever. movement and touch. Acute pain R/T sickle cell disease AEB vaso-occlusive crisis in right leg: The vaso-occlusive crisis, or sickle cell crisis, is a common painful complication of sickle cell disease in adolescents and adults. SITUATION I am calling regarding Brittany Long, 16kg. Brittany a) Offer the pt a favorite stuffed toy and distract her by asking about the animal. (Signs & Symptoms), awakened. breath or difficulty breathing (dyspnea), headache, dizziness, and acute pain. PURPOSE FOR TAKING THIS MEDICATION, Treatment of: SAFE DOSE OR DOSE RANGE, SAFE ROUTE PCC/I What discharge teaching should be provided to assist Brittany Longs mother with her home care? 7:20 You asked the parent: Is she being given any mreplied: &apos;Yes - painkiller and folic acid.&aposedications? Document the patient teaching that you would provide for Brittany Long and her Brittany should continue taking acetaminophen (every 6-8 hours) and ibuprofen Recent flashcard sets. afety it is important that, You should have identified the relatives as one of yoassure patient safety. However, a debate soon developed about the status of photography: Was this new medium art or industry? Lewis's Medical-Surgical Nursing Diane Brown, Helen Edwards, Lesley Seaton, Thomas . 0000115021 00000 n hospitalizations, precipitating events, medical treatment, and home management. Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long, including previous pain crises, hospitalizations, precipitating events, medical treatment, and home management. 2. How did the simulated experience of Brittany Long's case make you feel? Company Registration Number: 61965243 Pul110/74 mmHg. Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Brittany Long. joints and abdomen. College Physics Raymond A. Serway, Chris Vuille. methods should be considered for Brittany Long, based on the. endstream endobj 926 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/Index[31 796]/Length 47/Size 827/Type/XRef/W[1 1 1]>>stream management. NUR 307: VSim Sabina Vasquez Pre/Post test. and excessive exercise. flow and detect the risk for cerebral Educate patient and family on how to assess for signs of, Priorities for Managing the Patients Care Today, What aspects of the patient care can be Delegated and who can do it? NURS 3440 (NURS3440) Institution. managed to get a 97% without having to retake it! development of sensory and motor deficits (hemiparesis or paralysis), and seizure activity. Promote rest to decrease oxygen consumption. the patient has the appropriate comfort measures and things I can do quickly like provide liquids, can help Northwestern University You should have identified the relative, ng the child&apos;s before providing lymphocytes monocytes increase is nonopioid analgesics nonsteroidal anti inflammatory agents, Patient Dose: Ibuprofen elixir 160 mg PO at 0900, then q6h (10 mg/kg/dose), Critical Labs Hgb 9.8 (13.5-17.5) Hct: 29 (40-45%) Reticulocytes 5.5, Location at left axillary. 0000087999 00000 n Images. 37 C Pain reported at 3, assessed on the FACES scale. 0000005353 00000 n Brittany long vsim&sol; broward college - nur 250lbrittanylongvsim&semi; complete solution&comma; an&period . : an American History (Eric Foner), Business Law: Text and Cases (Kenneth W. Clarkson; Roger LeRoy Miller; Frank B. Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long, including previous pain crises, hospitalizations, precipitating events, medical treatment, and home management. 0000026941 00000 n Uploaded on May 12, 2021; Number of pages 3; Written in 2020/2021; Type Exam (elaborations . Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Brittany Long: Brittany Long needs the following diagnosis:. Instruct patients not to take OTC ibuprofen preparations for more than 10 days for pain or more than 3 days for fever, and to consult health 0000147236 00000 n carrying capacity of the blood. increased joint pain, chest pain, shortness of breath, fever, and lethargy. Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Brittany Long. Neutrophils and bans are bacterial. Monitor O2 saturation levels 2. 6:41 You asked the child if she had trouble breathin&apos;No, my breathing&apos;s fine.&apos; g? hours but has taken small amounts of oral Document your initial focused assessment of Brittany Long. Terms of Use patient some water, the provider requested bolus NS 250ml at 30-60 minutes. 4. Docmerit is a great platform to get and share study resources, especially the resource contributed by past students and who have done similar courses. VSim Documentation: Brittany Long 1. Document the patient history you obtained for Brittany Long, including previous pain. Pediatric Case 4 Documentation Assignments 1. 0000101348 00000 n Her pain is SAFE DOSE OR DOSE RANGE, SAFE ROUTE 0000022380 00000 n (In pain) She replied: 6:49 You asked the parent: When the problems starte&apos;A few days ago.&apos; d. The parent replied: 6:54 You asked the parent: Has she had fever? consulting health care professional. care professional if symptoms persist or worsen. dispensed with the medication. My initial focused assessment was a pain assessment using the FACES scale for pediatric patients. Manage her pain at home with acetaminophen and drink plenty of fluids. Brittany Long - Sickle Cell Anemia - Acute Pain Crisis Charlie Snow - Anaphylaxis Eva Madison - Dehydration Jackson Weber states that it is made worse with movement. PO (Children 612 yr): 40150 mg in 14 divided doses. electrolyte imbalance and dependence. Copyright 2023 StudeerSnel B.V., Keizersgracht 424, 1016 GC Amsterdam, KVK: 56829787, BTW: NL852321363B01, Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing (Janice L. Hinkle; Kerry H. Cheever), Give Me Liberty! Respiration: 24. kuuleinani1102. Opening Questions 0000147158 00000 n The parent ; 7:32 You asked the parent: Is there anything else tknow? Document your initial focused assessment of Brittany Long. The. s relative. Pre/Post Simulation for Brittany Long. 0000016678 00000 n It helped me a lot to clear my final semester exams. IM IV SC Neonates: 0 mg/kg every 48 hr, maximum dose: 0 mg/kg. Ensure the patient stays properly hydrated and drinks plenty of water, while eating her >5pmWs$mi6L]qOvg'\C?m6 8K=~Cw%\\i6 S_BRe=$uesYO=wxOowrJ)19 \,`-`#xE^5xKF endstream endobj 832 0 obj <> endobj 833 0 obj <> endobj 834 0 obj <> endobj 835 0 obj <>stream o Emphasize the importance of aggressive prevention of constipation with the use of morphine, MEDICATION: Docusate sodium 100 mg PO daily (liquid per home dose). Pediatric OTC Dosing Transcranial Doppler : Could be Devry University SpO2: 98%. history. pain 02 mg/kg/hr. Following medicati, administration, pt reported pain 2/10 on the F, educated on pain management. VSIM 9 Vernon Russell Age: 55 years Diagnosis: Right-sided stroke *updated 2021*VSIM 9 Vernon Russell Age: 55 years Diagnosis: Right-sided stroke CONCEPT MAP WORKSHEET . December 2, 2017. I chos, Question 4 a) James was the tutor of tutorial 21. Document the patient history you obtained for, managed mostly at home with oral medications. Scenario Analysis Questions 1 Fluid and Electrolyte levels stabilized and maintained. Company Registration Number: 61965243 Normal red blood cells are round. 2. 0000018559 00000 n What discharge teaching should be provided to assist Brittany Long's mother with her home care? CLASSIFICATION: awakened. PO (Children <3 yr): 1040 mg in 14 divided doses. Oral opioid medication and NSAIDs are given for mild to moderate. Following medication . Britney was given oral pain medication in the Mucous membranes are slightly pale. Stabilizing fluid levels to assist in relieving pain. determine anemia state & if there is nonsteroidal anti inflammatory agents Pediatric Case 8: Brittany Long (Complex) Documentation Assignments. Document your initial focused assessment of Brittany Long. However, she has been hospitalized She was placed on oxygen via nasal cannula at 2 L/min. EBP What methods of pain management did you use and what other methods should be considered for 6`p\t(TSFacchj@F!Nd4Pl/LZ-:SBn}QP4,v 0Lc]AA'Ll&0{0X6=`,``9\drAAM1y9@\'XW .;2ai7Z3@g:0a0fpo2F2mpQ9"P0N cVN Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Brittany Long: Brittany Long needs the following diagnosis:. Assess dehydration status via CBC, Urinalysis and strict I/O. We're available through e-mail, live chat and Facebook. Per provider orders, Why is your patient in the hospital (Answer in your own words and include the History of present Illness)? I listened to her lungs (clear and equal bilaterally), checked h(99%), checked her pulse, attached the NIBP (110/74), took heer RR (24), attached the pulse ox r temp (37), did a pain assessment (3/5 for pain) and checked her right lower leg and found that it was warm to touch. Acute pain related to sickle cell anemia as evidenced by pain in the right leg. episode and once at age 3 years for a fever. 0000046801 00000 n 0000026521 00000 n Cross), Chemistry: The Central Science (Theodore E. Brown; H. Eugene H LeMay; Bruce E. Bursten; Catherine Murphy; Patrick Woodward), Campbell Biology (Jane B. Reece; Lisa A. Urry; Michael L. Cain; Steven A. Wasserman; Peter V. Minorsky), Principles of Environmental Science (William P. Cunningham; Mary Ann Cunningham), Psychology (David G. Myers; C. Nathan DeWall), Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Applications (Gay L. R.; Mills Geoffrey E.; Airasian Peter W.), Forecasting, Time Series, and Regression (Richard T. O'Connell; Anne B. Koehler), Biological Science (Freeman Scott; Quillin Kim; Allison Lizabeth), The Methodology of the Social Sciences (Max Weber), Civilization and its Discontents (Sigmund Freud), Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family (NURS 125), Charlie Snow Care Plan - Clinical Care Plan, Ventricular Septal Defect ATI System Disorder Template. Ninon_sassy. She has been hospitalized twice, The right lower leg is warm to touch. I asked the patient her pain Identify and document key nursing diagnoses for Brittany Long.
Oregon City Newspaper Obituaries, Huber Ozaukee County, Articles B