/ CBS Boston. Someones looking for attention ^^^^^^ lol. Everything you need to know about those two (the married couple) is written on that dogs face even hes like what the fuck. Boston-based radio host Danielle Murr has announced she's leaving the WEEI station and The Greg Hill Show, which she co-hosts.She's been with the show since 2005 when it aired on WAAF, according to Boston.com, and she stayed with the show when it transitioned to WEEI back in 2019. During a discussion Tuesday on the "The Greg Hill Show" about a Boston city councilor's proposed ban on the sale of miniature bottles of alcohol . 279. But for reasons I don't understand, I said Mina Kimes. On Thursday, he issued an apology that may have worsened the situation. Principals cant bang superintendents, former pot dealers turned rookie K-9 cops shouldnt be banging Lt. Colonels in the Massachusetts State Police, and morning show producers shouldnt be dating spicy young interns at WEEI. But people need their jobs so he didnt pull a Pam Beasley and follow them out the door when they left, which is understandable. He deserves to lose it all, so does the bimbo, she looks like your typical amoral liberal. WBZ-TV reached out to WEEI's station owners but did not immediately hear back. In February, 98.5 The Sports Hub co-host Tony Massarotti was suspended for making a joke about two Black men who could be seen on the shows TV broadcast. So this appears to be in regards to former intern turned producer Lucy Bridge, a saucy young Wellesley college coed who appears to be in her mid 20s. Went from 317 to 197 initially, then put on 20 pounds of lean mass with weight training following the weight loss. That was never the intention for me to say her name. So I just want to apologize to the listeners of this show, specifically Mina Kimes as well. Article continues below advertisement. However, when he was producing the Kirk and Callahan show one of the most frequent topics theyd rail on was the rampant sexual harassment at the Boston Globe, particularly in that powerful men were banging subordinate women. Depending on when this started, it may or may not be inappropriate.. Lucy is a writer/producer and Chris is also a producer. Im sure Curtis hates what the job is now, but weve all had jobs where we have to shut up, punch in, and deal with it. Receive updates on your favorite Boston teams, straight from our newsroom to your inbox. Curtis said Thursday that he meant to bring up actress Mila Kunis in a way that he said called "sophomoric and sexist.". Chad Finn of the Boston Globe reported that the station did not respond to comment but wrote on Twitter that corporate claims he meant Mila Kunis, not Mina Kimes., ESPN responded to the incident, telling the Globe, There is no place for these type of hateful comments, which were uncalled for and extremely offensive.. (Kimes is Korean.) And its brought a lot of things to the forefront for people that did nothing wrong.. Distractify is a registered trademark. Hill, Cox, and fellow co-host Jermaine Wiggins did not respond to Curtis and continued with the conversation. I happen to agree with #MeToo on this one. Or just buy our award winning book about the dangers of censorship and rise of Turtleboy: So I can say with certainty that this didnt start off romantically, at all. It had nothing to do with the subject matter, and it dragged her into a controversy through no fault of her own regarding a slur and her race and its not at all what my intention was. Chris Curtis has worked in sports radio in Boston since 2002. If it's a war WEEI wants, it's a war they'll get. Tagging the same hole gets boring. Let's see where it stands when they cut to 53 in the fall. During a segment talking about Boston City Councilor Ricardo Arroyos plan to formally present a proposal to outlaw the small alcohol bottles, which often end up littered, co-host Courtney Cox suggested that the shows participants rank their top five favorite nips. And to put an end to this Cold War, which they've been waging and until now I didn't know was going on. No offense to Greg Hill, but Im sure he knows how terrible it is too. A post shared by Chris Curtis (@curtisweei). He said he meant to say the name of actress Mila Kunis but instead referenced Mina Kimes. He fell assbackwards into a job he isn't qualified for and completely ruined the organization in a couple short years. This led co-host Courtney Cox to ask the other members of the show what their favorite nips are. To know me is to know that I'm a man of peace. However, producer Chris Curtis interjected with a joke that played on the racial connotation of the word. His hobbies includes cycling and playing basketball. And she takes him to the cleaners while shes leaving. We've received your submission. So now WEEI hires him for the mornings. March 23, 2023 / 5:39 PM Sadly, it appears as if thats what Curtis has been up to. I hope you are up for the challenge. I will continue to fight to turn Milton Keynes red, and for the Labour government this country urgently needs. Hey the price is still the same on the fuckin Van Halen tickets awright? The term used on the show is an abbreviation for an ethnic slur directed toward Japanese people. During company-wide sensitivity training on Friday, which forced them . It was something that was theres really no other way to put it, it was dumb and it was silly, he said. . After his comment, Curtis glanced at producer Chris Scheim, who was laughing. In a statement Wednesday, ESPN said: There is no place for these type of hateful comments, which were uncalled for and extremely offensive.. Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. The attitude dictates that you dont care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. Hello Turtle Riders. A sports talk radio host on WEEI in Boston is in hot water after appearing to invoke a racial slur about ESPN personality Mina Kimes. We can get by and survive, but we could really use your help. This is just natural selection at work. What Happened to 97.1 'The Eagle?' document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Thanks for contacting us. But it doesnt matter because of the absolute chaos that my words created for someone who is just doing her job covering the NFL at ESPN., Curtis also apologized to the shows listeners and noted that working at WEEI is the dream of my life and not a privilege I take lightly.. Previously, Chris was a Producer of the Kirk and Callahan Show at Weei and also held positions at Sports. I suppose it's plausible that Chris Curtis's clumsy and vague apology for making a racially offensive joke on WEEI's "The Greg Hill Show" Tuesday morning was the whole truth.. After . He LOVES President Trump. Curtis has now issued an apology for the comment and said that he didn't mean to say Mina Kimes, and meant Mila Kunis instead. This article says her name is Lucy Bridge, I believe her name is Lucy Burdge. A spokesperson at Audacy, WEEIs parent company, said the company had no comment, but suggested without elaboration that Curtis meant to say the name of actress Mila Kunis rather than Kimes. Get updated from the latest posts straight to your mailbox! News recently broke that Chris Curtis, a Boston-area radio personality who will be familiar to regular listeners of WEEI, has been suspended. Chris Curtis, an executive producer for Boston sports radio station WEEI, issued an apology on air Thursday for making an ethnic slur on air earlier this week and announced that he has been . Kimes responded on Twitter to Chad Finn, the Boston Globe columnist who originally reported on the story, with a photo of The Simpsons characters with glazed eyes. View the profiles of people named Chris Curtis. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. It had nothing to do with the subject matter and it dragged her into a controversy through no fault of her own regarding a slur and her race and that was not at all what my intention was, but it doesnt matter because of the absolute chaos my words created for someone whos just doing her job covering the NFL at ESPN.. You have to act like shes lucky to be talking to you, that you dont give a fuck what she thinks. Work hard through school to get a good job, and then still be known around the office as the girl who fucked her way to the top. Could they please bring the old crew back together for the Hillman show. Thats a two liter bottle every fucking day. Thus its fairly safe to assume that this never happens if his job was washing dishes somewhere. These 2 were friends, Chris helped Lucy get established. Im not saying I want Curtis or Lucy to lose their jobs, but if they just pretend this never happened its insanely hypocritical. Do they care about this? After learning of the story, Kimes changed her Twitter profile picture so that it was an image of Mila Kunis. But the fact of the matter is its impossible not to talk about since a bunch of people have reached out about it and we blog about WEEI hypocrisy all the time. All rights reserved, an executive producer for Boston sports radio station WEEI, a ban on miniature alcoholic bottles in Boston, Tony Massarotti of Felger and Mazz' Suspended After Insensitive,' Hurtful' Comment, Ex-Hopkinton Deputy Police Chief Charged With Child Rape, Defense Team's Claim in Case of Officer's Death Stirs Controversy in Canton, 2 Teens Charged in Unprovoked' Attack on Woman at South Boston MBTA Station, Tens of Thousands of New Englanders Wake Up Monday to No Power, Aerosmith Announces Farewell Tour, Including New Year's Eve Show in Boston. But not peace at any price. It had nothing to do with the subject matter and it dragged her into a controversy through no fault of her own regarding a slur and her race and that was not at all what my intention was, but it doesn't matter because of the absolute chaos my words created for someone who's just doing her job covering the NFL at ESPN. He was bleeding out as his liver had shut down. Way to go, lucy. WEEI is owned by Audacy, the same parent company as WFAN. Why he is even allowed as producer to comment with hosts is atrocious, The Gregg Hill Show is so bad it features Mahty Walsh. He did not apologize to Kunis, however. "And just wanted to make sure I had the opportunity with my own words in this chair to publicly apologize from the setting where the comments were made.". Copyright 2023 Distractify. It was something that just, there's really no other way to put it. Now, if you really want to get some hits, put Lucy vs Bristol in a mud wrestling match. WEEI announced in the aftermath of the incident that Curtis would be suspended without pay until Wednesday, March 29. . Chris with his pet. Makes me pissed about my girlfriends education level. He went from this. The comment itself came while the show was discussing the proposal for small, single-size alcohol bottles to be banned for sale in the city of Boston. He is an emerging and rising fitness model and social media influencer from Germany. WEEI Radio's Chris Curtis made a very insensitive comment about ESPN personality Mina Kimes this Wednesday. The owners of a Boston sports radio station offered a bizarre defense after one of their on-air personalities made a racist joke about ESPN analyst Mina Kimes. This is where it stands now. Chris Curtis, an executive producer and on-air personality for WEEI, said he meant to say actress Mila Kunis instead of Kimes. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. When asked about his favorite nips, Curtis said: Oh, Id probably go Mina Kimes, referring to the ESPN NFL analyst, who is of Korean descent. WEEI is owned by Audacy, the same parent company as WFAN. The first 30 minutes featured a heart-wrenching monologue, in which Curtis detailed his own personal battles with addiction. If, however, Chris is in an authoritative position to her, then he used poor judgment and should be reprimanded. But the fact of the matter is that this story is the talk of Twitter land right now, so its hard to ignore. To transform yourself as he did changes you in many ways.. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Hello Turtle Riders. ET. He didn't elaborate on what he meant by that, or why that makes his comments better. To prove a point about the fan base? Chris Curtis, the WEEI on-air personality and producer who used an ethnic slur during Tuesday's "The Greg Hill Show,'' has been suspended without pay by the station until next Wednesday . His loyal wife stayed by his side, which was swell of her because a lot of women wouldnt. Just because he is more well known doesnt make him her boss, does it? No offense to Greg Hill, but Im sure he knows it sucks too. WEEI hosts settled their differences off the air by resorting to what they do on the air: yell at one another. However, the claim from Audacy presents a different connotation for Curtis joke, given that invoking Kunis name in response to the word discussed would have represented a sexist joke instead. Boston radio host Chris Curtis has been suspended from WEEI, and many want to know what he said on air to justify that punishment. Are you dumb or just uninformed? . March 22, 2023. I'm willing to be the bigger man in this. However, the Boston Globes Chad Finn reports that WEEIs parent company, Audacy, claims that Curtis meant to mention actress Mila Kunis instead of Kimes. Mina Kimes grew up in Gilbert:She talks about her viral moments and more What did Chris Curtis say? . The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. Boston Sports radio producer on WEEI, Chris Curtis, apologized Thursday morning after appearing to make a racial joke about ESPN's Mina Kimes earlier this week. WP playing normies like a fiddle again. He originated the concept behind Deep Purple and formed the band in its original incarnation of 'Roundabout'. Chris Curtis of WEEI-FM made the regretful comment on "The Greg Hill Show" while discussing a proposal to ban mini liquor bottles, also known as nips, in Boston. We Have Some Bad News About the Fort Worth Radio Station, WiLD 94.9 Radio Host Jeffrey "JV" Vandergrift Went Missing Case Update. Nip is also a slur used against Japanese people. WEEI has suspended producer Chris Curtis after he used a racial slur to describe ESPN's Mina Kimes earlier this week. You can disagree with Curtis actions, but dont blame it on liberals. 23 2023, Published 9:49 a.m. GOD, get the fuck over it ! Facebook gives people the power to. AAPI community reacts to Chris Curtis' on-air slur that led to WEEI suspension, Tony Massarotti was suspended by the Beasley Broadcast Group. Up in Boston, Chris Curtis a producer and on-air personality for 94.1 WIP sister station WEEI announced Thursday he has been suspended until next week after using a slur against Japanese people to describe ESPN host and NFL analyst Mina Kimes, who is not Japanese. For her part, Kimes changed her Twitter profile picture on Wednesday afternoon to an image of Kunis. WEEI Sports Radio Network May 2015 - Dec 2015 8 months. In 2008 Chris began working for ESPN Radio in Bristol, Conn. as producer of "All Night with Jason Smith" and . I know you slept your way to the top but unlike you I cant play the race card when I fail. Brighton, MA Intern WTNH-TV May 2013 - Aug 2013 4 months. A week ago Sunday, Chris Curtis climbed aboard his mountain bike an aging "Al Gore for president" sticker affixed to the crossbar and headed out on the Lund Ride and Walk for Children with . Its all good. "Is it ever clever to be clever at the expense of somebody's identify? BOSTON -- WEEI morning show producer Chris Curtis announced Thursday morning that he has been suspended for a week, after a clip of him using a racial slur in reference to ESPN's Mina Kimes went viral on Wednesday. You cant expect proofreading from a guy whos adware-infected website rivals the Worcester T&G. Interesting development, apparently Chris Curtis and producer Lucy Burdge have . The slur gained prominence in World War II. Curtis has worked in sports radio in Boston since 2002, according to his bio on the Audacy website. They had Dan Akroyd on and it was so painful to listen to, yet I couldnt turn it off because I secretly love bad radio. Im kind of conflicted on this story because I dont like dragging peoples sex life or personal life into the blog, but the fact of the matter is that its the buzz of the Kirk Minihane Twitter world that Im embedded in, and it would be very Boston Globey of me not to address it. That was never the intention for me to say her name, it had nothing to do with the subject matter. This fat chode drops a bill on the scale and cheats on his wife for an average looking at best intern who will gladly ride any dick when a better promotion or opportunity arises. I stand by my belief that its unethical for someone in a position of power to be dating an underling. I want apologize for the stupid lame attempt at a joke," Curtis said Thursday during an apology on the show. "It had nothing to do with the subject matter, and it dragged her into controversy through no fault of her own regarding a slur and her race and its not at all what my intention was. Thrilled to be working with Ken Laird, Chris Curtis, Dana Panepinto and WEEI Sports Radio Network once again. Kimes herself has reacted to the story, responding to Finns report with an image of Bart Simson making a seemingly upset face. Normally the personal and sex lives of consenting adults is not something I'd be concerned with. WEEI's Chris Curtis made the derogatory comment, drawing plenty of criticism. Please consider supporting local journalism by donatingto the Turtle fund: Follow us on Youtube, SoundCloud, Twitter, and Facebook. A reasonable interpretation is that Curtis was making a racist joke by referencing a slur for Japanese people. News recently broke that Chris Curtis, a Boston-area radio personality who will be familiar to regular listeners of WEEI, has been suspended.
Skin Care Products In Istanbul, Articles C