Business aviation helps beer wholesaler close deals, Private jet critical to saving more lives, Privacy Policy for Customers and Potential Customers. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. For a light jet that can potentially carry 8 passengers, take-off distance on a dry runway and zero wind on a standard day at sea level is 3,950 feet to clear a 35-foot obstacle. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Typically, the first hour of a CJ3s flight burns an average of 150 gallons of fuel (excluding taxiing) this is an average, actual burn rates depend on flight conditions. At that altitude with that setting, I burn about 375 pounds per hour per engine or a total of 750 pounds per hour. The price of a used CJ3 can vary depending on its age, TBOH, TT, avionics package, and overall condition. As such, if I prioritize payload over distance, I can carry 8 passengers (and one more in the co-pilots seat) assuming each passenger weighs an average of 180 pounds and brings along 30 pounds of luggage resulting in 1,680 pounds of payload. Citation CJ4 Private Jet Charter. Compare Products | When flown correctly, you will not activate the stall horn in the flare before touchdown. Even though the weight of the CJ3 had grown to more then 12,500 pounds, Cessna successfully certified it for single-pilot operation under the 14 CRF Part 23 commuter category rules. The new CJ3 offered increased performance and several other changes. This system operates by bringing fresh air from outside into the aircraft through the engines. I typically pull it back to about 95% N1 so as to not exceed MMO (Maximum Mach Number) of 0.737 at FL450. A belted lavatory and TCAS II come in every aircraft along with options for phone and internet capabilities in the cabin. He has returned to flying and works for a major airline. However, two major upgrades have recently become available for the CJ3 that significantly boost performance and market value. Im going to admit it right up front: Ive always admired the Cessna CJ3 from afar but frankly, its a bit, (okay, a lot) out of my price range, so its a plane that Ive only dreamed about. There have not been many changes made to the CJ3, at least until the CJ3+ came along, which is an upgraded version of the CJ3. The CJ3 has an increased MTOW of 13,870 lbs compared to the CJ2s 12,375 lbs. As such, they dont include bonus, stocks, or benefits, nor do they take into account factors such as seniority, cross training, number of aircraft flown, or region where the company is located. The new CJ3+ fits into the Citation line just below the CJ4, and with a price tag of about $1 million less than the CJ4, the CJ3+ has already proven to be very popular with owner-pilots and business operators. The speed brakes, however, can be deployed with no limitation on what speed the aircraft is flying at. Visibility is superb ,and the airplane is very easy to controlit just takes a little power to get things rolling. The climb into the left seat is downright trivial compared to earlier CJs, and I found it easy to find a comfortable seat position in spite of my long legs. And the type also has an extremely good safety record. Remember that the CJ3 does not have thrust reversers, so getting down at the right speed is important, as such N1 settings are key. A pre-owned Cessna Citation CJ3 averages between $5 million and $7 million depending on TBOH, TT, and the avionics package. Some fractional operators pay pilots based on the airplane they fly. Americas owner-flown aircraft enthusiasts and active-pilot resource, delivered to your inbox! So, when Cessna contacted me to ask if I wanted to take a trip in a brand-new CJ3+, I jumped at the chance. This aircraft features a Fresh Air System to keep cabin air clean. Under more normal conditions, the ability to realistically make a single hop of 1,800 nm becomes an enormous advantage for folks who can make use of that kind of range and capacity. Each seat has USB outlets for powering electronics, and there are 110VAC outlets in the cabin, as well. Click to reveal It only takes a gentle push to lower the stairs. Instead you would have to fly around and burn it off which troubleshoot and sort out your problem before returning with your approved landing weight. The first step is to bring up the avionics with the avionics dispatch switch. . colleagues have been excluded. In the event of an onboard issue, actionable answers are provided in real time, resulting in faster turnaround to get the aircraft back in the air. Of course, the more recent Cessna Citation CJ3+ is very similar but has been upgraded in several ways. A brand new CJ3+ is priced at $9.1 million. After a successful 10-year run, Cessna announced a new and improved CJ3+ in April 2014, with first customer deliveries starting at the end of the year. Inspired by organic, heathered, and earthy textures, the fabrics pair with a duo of rich leathers to ensure a timeless palette. Pilot Jobs, Home Blog Pilot Jobs Complete Overview of Corporate Pilot Pay. The seat back reclines nicely, theres plenty of headroom, and the cockpit feels quite spacious. According to one reputable source, the price of a Cessna Citation CJ3 varied between $4.20 and $5.00 million for models produced between 2011 and 2015, which were the last five years of production, before the CJ3+ took over. This site also participates in other affiliate programs including but not limited to ShareASale, CJ, and ClickBank, and is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies. Getting the airplane started will be familiar to any Citation pilot. Were not in anybodys way, nobody is in our way, it is smoother air, and you get more direct routings [from air-traffic control] because there isnt a whole lot of traffic up there., Built on the popular characteristics of a very well-established family of jets, the Cessna CJ3 provides more range, speed, useful load, and passenger capacity than its predecessors and is an extremely well-rounded, affordable Light Jet.. Daily Rate: 900 - 2,000 Total: 2,108 hours PIC: 1,847 hours . The aerodynamic loads on the gear place an undue burden on the landing gear system and could damage it. When we're not in the air, we're here helping others how to join us here at Aviator Insider. Using fifteen degrees of flaps results in a shorter take-off roll, since you dont need as much airspeed to generate the lift you need to achieve a positive rate of climb after rotation. The CJ3 featured FADEC, a stretched fuselage and more fuel capacity than the CJ2+. CESSNA CITATION CJ3+ & M2. Easy airframe to fly, forgiving, reliable. Here are some opinions of owners and operators of the Citation CJ3, As a current owner of a 2004 CJ3, I can attest that its hard to beat the value it delivers. The cabin had space for six passengers normally but could take up to eight if required. The Cessna Citation CJ3 has a Maximum Mach that you must not exceed for structural reasons. The CJ3 is fast for its price and size, with a top speed of M 0.737. Helen is an expert in all things aviation! There are not all that many competitors when it comes to the small jet market. only" tool for contract pilots. With more room than its predecessor, the CJ2, the Citation CJ3 business jet provides exceptional space for six executives in its club-seating format, but it can also be configured to provide private jet service for as many as eight passengers and two crew . The difference of 775 lbs in empty weight compared to the difference of 1,495 in MTOW is an exhibit of improved performance and design of the CJ3. SIDs and STARs are easily called up and displayed on the 8 x 10-inch PFD, or the 8 x 10-inch MFD, giving you a powerful tool to enhance situational awareness and be certain that all the procedures are followed. They are exceedingly safe aircraft, and to date, there have been no fatal accidents in the CJ3. LinxUs reports issues upon landing with a Wifi connection. for a 2000-fpm rate is about 80 nautical miles out. Both rugged and flexible, our legendary turboprops are configurable to your requirements. As the nose touches, apply the brakes. Descent is typically done with a 53% N1 setting. CJ3s cant dump fuel. The CJs are all designed with single-pilot operation in mind, and as such, the design of control systems, including the engine management, avionics, and automation have all been integrated into the design and specifications. Thats a significant step up from most smaller jetsincluding the Mustang. It can maintain altitude, airspeed, vertical speed and heading, in addition to flying VNAV descent profiles, automated Takeoff/Go-Around procedures and more. With take-off and landing distances as low as 2900 feet and 3100 feet respectively, the CJ3 has the ability to access smaller airports, avoiding congestion and reducing ground travel times to a passenger's final destination. Mooney M20 Acclaim Ultra - Price, Speed, Fuel Burn & Specs, Piper Cherokee Six 300 - Price, Speed, Fuel Burn & Specs. The AP maximizes aircraft performance with precise lateral and vertical navigation guidance for all phases of flight. ), This page is presented as an "information LINXUS is compatible on the Citation CJ3+ jet when equipped with the Garmin GDL59 (Wi-Fi Datalink) and Garmin GSR56 (Iridium Satellite Receiver). The G3000 also brings with it emergency descent mode (EDM). Answer: It is designed to carry six passengers comfortably, and that is what the official specifications state. One of the most useful operational capabilities of the CJ3+ is its ability to fly at FL450. However the salaries cited in this survey are gross in-come only. The CJ3 is not designed for soft fields and unpaved surfaces. The official maximum speed is 416 KTAS. The Cessna Citation CJ3 is a favorite among light jet owners for its features and capabilities. There may be cheaper options, but they are unlikely to be better overall. The 50 cubic-foot main baggage area is located at the rear of the aircraft and has the capacity to handle up to 600 pounds of cargo. profit sharing distributions. The FJ44-3A is a turbofan with a 2.8:1 bypass ratio, giving it an improved noise profile while allowing it to generate sufficient power to allow it to operate at FL450. What I like is that it's not just the visuals that orient the crew but also that the information can be tied into the FMS that's part of the avionics package, so you can tie it to the autopilot as well. 278 VMo does get you booted off of SIDs/STARs, though. In other cases, general aviation (GA) pilots are experiencing layoff, furloughs, and start expanding their education and skills in order to be more attractive to employers when its time to resume flying. Along the way, I had a chance to try out the fully integrated sat-phone system. The CJ3 featured FADEC, a stretched fuselage and more fuel capacity than the CJ2+. It is the responsibility of In general, with no wind, the same trip takes about 2:50 and requires about 1,550 pounds of fuel (at FL400) in the Mustang. One feature missing is V-speed calculations, and Alan explained that a new, fully automated TOLD card feature is due in the next software release scheduled for next August. But there are also one or two clubs aimed at owners and operators of all Citation jet types, and details can be found here. Because of the laminar flow wings, the CJ3 tends to accelerate toward MMO at the top of the climb unless the throttles are retarded. Max Range: 1,809 nm. Interest Rate: 4%: Payment Period: Monthly . It is really at the pilots discretion which they want to use but the decision should be based on the second stage of the climb rather than the first stage of the take-off roll. LinxUs and LinxUs Air work with the Central Diagnostics Maintenance system (CDMS) and function as a fault-isolation system that monitors the aircraft 100 percent of the time. We are a collective group of airline instructors, and pilots dedicated to all things aviation. Entertainment options include the Clarity Wireless system that can serve up movies, XM radio, Internet and flight maps wirelessly to onboard mobile devices. Landing is simple, with no obvious problems. The CJ3 takes me to FL450 in 27 minutes. Rotation speed, Vr, is 121 kias, and Safety speed, V2, is 129 kias. CJ3s have the option to take off with zero or fifteen degrees of flaps. According to one owner, Its hard to beat the value it delivers. A Milk Run A common flight that I make in the Mustang is between Bend and Tucson. As I walked away from the CJ3+, I had a big grin, and I was struck by some general comparisons to my airplane. Now I fly every chance I get, and share the information I learn, here. The CJ3 is powered by twin Williams International FJ44-3C engines that produce a total of 5,920 lb f while consuming 110 gallons per hour at FL450. One company that offers this sort of insurance is Bwifly, at https://bwifly.com/cessna-citationjet-insurance-cost/. Being a CFII and a corporate pilot, Ive flown quite a few different civil, GA and corporate aircraft in my time. In addition, there are usually some available on eBay and similar sites. Overall, the level of comfort in the cockpit has been substantially improvedparticularly for those who are tall or who have long legs. It makes a huge difference in the altitude you choose when flying the CJ3. Just a five-hundred-foot difference. Most other owners and operators have similar opinions. For instance, all else being equal, at MTOW on a standard day with zero wind, V1 with zero flaps is 115 KIAS. The CJ3, as with the other aircraft in the CJ series, is a stable workhorse. This limitation can be confusing for those with low complex aircraft hours. Pilot Salaries & Perks Competitive Pay & Advancement Full Salary Begins Upon Hire Base Salary Raises Every 400 Hours Bonuses Every 1,000 Hours Flown: $10K for 1,000 Hours Flown, $20K for 2,000 Hours Flown, $30K for 3,000 Hours, Etc. At normal cruise power setting, I was impressed to see our speed stabilize at 0.709M or 411 KTAS at ISA +5 with a fuel burn at just 770 pounds/hour. Some of the latter offer complete packages to attract pilots. Working as acorporate pilotcan be an exciting and lucrative career. It is said to be one reason why Cessna sold 460 Citation CJ3s over the space of a decade. I was especially interested to see how easy it would be to fly for someone transitioning from a smaller jet like the Mustang. You even have the option of overlaying boundaries and geographical features, as well as airspace and airways. Explore the spacious cabin of the Citation CJ3+ aircraft. Cessna Conquest vs Beechcraft King Air 200: King or Conqueror. 2022 Contract Pilot Daily Rates * Low Pay = 25th Percentile. The big difference is that the CJ3+ has the capacity for 10 seats, so it only requires 220 pounds of fuel to move one of those seats over that 912 nm distance. To start the engines, simply press the appropriate start button conveniently located on the center panel just aft of the throttles, then wait until for N2 to reach 8%, and bring the throttle over the shutoff gate. Ready to go, we taxied to runway 34 for departure. If you can get the throttles pulled back and the speed brakes deployed, the plane will come down like a manhole cover and level off automatically. The CJ3 has a max crosswind of 21 knots. But thats worth it since once you are up at your Top of Climb, you can set it to cruise (95% N1 as mentioned above) and enjoy the 750-pound/hour burn rate. Hourly charter rates will vary based on the year of make, model (CJ3/CJ3+), scheduling, routing, re-positioning, and modifications of the aircraft. system and design has your mission at the forefront. Our elegant fleet of private jets is designed to fit a wide range of mission requirements with uncompromising style, comfort, and reliability.
Air Assisted Airless Conversion Kit, Where Is King Von Grave Located At, Articles C