[27] This goal saved Fulham from relegation and effectively guaranteed their place in the top-flight for the following season. Fill out the booking request He was also named the 2004 Man of the Year by the Midnight Riders. Also known as C W Dempsey. I dont know if it was mentally or if it was just what my body was telling me, but I felt like I was stuck at a certain gear. After one season with Tottenham, Dempsey returned Stateside in the summer of 2013 to join Seattle Sounders FC. [139][140][141], Dempsey is married to Bethany Keegan Dempsey. May 1st, 2014: Another two goals and two assists later, Clint was named the MLS Player of the Month for his outstanding month of April. He won the highest individual honor in soccer in America when he was named Honda Player of the Year for 2006, beating Fulham teammates Kasey Keller and Brian McBride in a poll of sportswriters. When the chips are stacked against you, the fields are not ideal, the ref is not calling things in your favor, you gotta be in tough situations and be willing to put yourself in difficult environments. Dempsey helped the Revolution to the Eastern Conference Finals and earned 2004 MLS Rookie of the Year Honors. [54], The Guardian suggested that the goal "might become the most famous goal in Fulham's history". Founder of Oher Foundation for Disadvantaged Youth; Former NFL Player for Baltimore Ravens, Tennessee Titans & Carolina Panthers; Super Bowl 47 Champion; Story Told in Movie "The Blind Side", NFL Hall of Famer & Superbowl Champion; Fox NFL Sunday Studio Analyst, Basketball Hall of Famer, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist & Motivational Speaker, Olympic Gold Medal-Winning Gymnast, Former Co-Chair of President Obama's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, Undefeated Four-Time World Champion Boxer & Lifestyle Expert; Heart Disease Awareness Advocate, Professional Surfer & Shark Attack Survivor; Inspiration for the Film "Soul Surfer", Motivational Speaker, Author & Inspiration for the Award-Winning Film "Rudy", Entertainment Journalist & Breast Cancer Survivor, Professional Snowboarder and Skateboarder, Two-Time Olympic Gold Medalist & Musician, Former U.S. Women's Soccer Team Midfielder, Two-time Olympic Gold Medalist, Two-time FIFA Player of the Year & World Cup Champion, Legendary Hockey Player & Founder of the Wayne Gretzky Foundation, Retired World No. Our agents are happy and able to submit an offer to the speaker or celebrity of your choice, Clint Dempsey (@clint_dempsey) February 23, 2022. Clint Dempsey's best moment came in the 2015 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. listens to the needs of organizations and corporations seeking to hire keynote speakers, celebrities I have worked with many agencies to book guest speakers over the past 5 years. [75] Dempsey scored his 10th Premier League goal of the season, sixteenth in all competitions, in a 11 draw against former manager Roy Hodgson's West Brom on February 1, 2012. Hall of Fame soccer player Clint Dempsey traded in his cleats for a microphone at this year's World Cup. newsletter, Ride of the Valkyries - A Seattle Reign blog, #TheFuture: Sounders 2, the Academy and Sounders U23s, Dempsey walked away in the most Dempsey way possible, Clint Dempsey inducted into Soccer Hall of fame, Clint Dempsey, Hope Solo make National Soccer Hall of Fame, Remembering the greatness of the Clint Dempsey-Obafemi Martins partnership, Sounders look at positives in draw with RSL, OL Reign play in chaos-filled 1000th NWSL regular season match to a 2-2 draw at Racing Louisville, OL Reign vs. Dempsey played the entire game which resulted in a 11 draw, and subsequently took part in the replay at Craven Cottage, a 30 victory for Fulham. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your agency's incredible support in arranging for this event. Fee ranges listed on this website are intended to serve as a guideline. In 2006, Dempsey added eight more goals, but missed significant time in the playoffs due to injury. The previous user of the number 2 shirt, DeAndre Yedlin, moved to number 17. Its being able to say I want to put myself in the best environment in terms of testing myself, and see if this is really for me and I think youre seeing that with a lot of the youth today., If Im gonna fail, Im gonna fail doing what I love and how I do it. can be booked for (private) corporate events, personal appearances, keynote speeches, or other performances. [120] Dempsey went on to suffer a broken nose midway through the first half as the United States defeated Ghana 21. [57], Dempsey was on the substitutes' bench for Fulham's first two away games of 201011, but became a regular starter, one of only five U.S. players in the Premier League to do so. On Tuesday, S2 Episode 7 launched featuring a man whos largely disappeared from the public eye since retiring in 2018: Clint Dempsey. The U.S. were eliminated in the semi-finals by Argentina. [48], On August 13, 2009, Dempsey signed a contract extension to remain with Fulham through 2013. [38] Fulham beat Portsmouth 10 on the final day of the season to secure Premier League status for another year. Everything you did, all the communication and coordination you shared with us, led to an event that will no doubt be remembered by attendees for the rest of their lives. On May 12, Dempsey scored a long range goal and added an assist while playing against Stoke City to help Spurs win 21 and keep them in contention for the fourth Champions League spot. "I got burned out," said Dempsey of what prompted retirement. or entertainers. [118], Dempsey broke his own fastest-goal record in World Cup qualifying on September 7, scoring just 39 seconds into a 21 defeat against Jamaica in Kingston. Sounders forward Clint Dempsey returns to practice, team Clint Dempsey is fully cleared to play again after heart problem Clint Dempsey News, Stats, Photos | Seattle Sounders. [41] He replaced Zoltan Gera in the side and scored his first home goal of the season in a 30 win over Middlesbrough on December 20. It was therefore awarded as an own goal off the goalie. With 142 appearances over 13 years, Clint Dempsey helped define one of the most exciting eras of the U.S. Mens National Team. I dont know if it was mentally or if it was just what my body was telling me. Please enter a valid email and try again. The website, search facilitation software, and speaker briefs were great. To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. [129], Dempsey was not named to the 23-man roster released on June 25, but was eligible to be called up as one of six roster replacements following the conclusion of the group stage. The often reclusive star sat down with Oguchi Onyewu and DaMarcus Beasley for a must-watch interview. [131] On July 22, Dempsey assisted Altidore's goal and scored a free kick to defeat Costa Rica 02, sending the U.S. to the final and seeing Dempsey overtake Reyna for fourth place in assists with 20 and tie Landon Donovan for most U.S. goals of all time at 57. At this rate, he'll be a professional golfer by Aug. 27, 2026, a month after the World Cup . I figured since I did that, had a strong showing, showing Im back to fitness that like, alright, well, things are looking good again. Making babies, huntin, fishin, golfin, being an uber driver for these kids. We work tirelessly for event professionals as their centralized, trusted, and impartial partner in the talent booking process. [62], On March 19, Dempsey became the first American player to score 10 goals in a Premier League season, beating Brian McBride's previous record of nine, also set while at Fulham in the 200506 season and 200607 season. He scored the game-winning goal in the Eastern Conference Final on his way to an appearance in the MLS Cup Final. [11][12], In 2022, Dempsey was inducted into the National Soccer Hall of Fame. [70] Dempsey became only the second American to post a hat trick in the FA Cup behind Chris Cleary with the first hat-trick of his career[71] on January 7 against Charlton Athletic in their FA Cup Third Round game that ended in a 40 victory. Apr 13, 2020. [citation needed], Dempsey, along with global cover star Lionel Messi, features on the cover of EA Sports' multi-platform video game FIFA 15 in the U.S. & Canada. The second-to-last year I had a productive season but having looked at it then, it was all bonus year, icing on the cake. They werent life-threatening, although they were career-threatening and understandably led to a feeling of burnout at the end of his playing career. Please contact us with your specific event details and requirements, and we are happy to provide you with a precise quote. letting you benefit from our reputation and long-standing relationships in the industry. MLS and international soccer player and won the Silver Ball trophy in the 1999 U-17 World Cup tournament. [108], Dempsey was named to the US roster for the 2006 World Cup in Germany. It truly felt like they were invested in the event and wanted the best outcome for our organization. Dempsey has occasionally been prone to aggressive play including physical altercations with opponents over the course of his career, which have sometimes resulted in suspensions. Nov 28, 2022. I almost severed it enough that it wouldve been a long surgery because if you sever the ligament enough then it was to be reattached or something like that. During the 2016 season, Dempsey was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat and missed the team's run to the MLS Cup. Dempsey's third and fourth goals were scored against Everton in an eventual 21 loss and a deflected effort against Reading on New Year's Day to help his Spurs side win 31. Why take a spot from someone whos young and hungry? Call us to speak with a booking agent about your event or specific speaker request. [102], Although there was speculation about the irregular heartbeat ending his career, Dempsey was eventually cleared to play in time for the 2017 MLS season. Clinton R Dempsey, 52 Resides in Round Rock, TX Lived In Albuquerque NM, Los Lunas NM Related To Noelle Dempsey, Jason Dempsey, Harry Dempsey Also known as C Dempsey Includes Address (4) Phone (6) Email (2) See Results Clinton Richard Dempsey, 82 Resides in Portsmouth, RI Lived In Walpole MA, Plymouth MA Please note: if a speaker has a fee range listed, such as $30,000 - $50,000, it indicates that their fee falls within that range. He used to play as a forward and a midfield. Clint Dempsey was born on March 9, 1983 in Nacogdoches, Texas. With this goal, Dempsey also became the first American player to score in three consecutive World Cups. [97] On August 7, he scored a hat-trick against Orlando City to capture their second road victory of the 2016 season. The goal was his fourth in four appearances in 2013. Dempsey was called offside, but the replay showed that he was most likely not offside. This became USAs fastest World Cup goal, and fifth-fastest in tournament history. [H]is game was as creative, and as instinctual, as any American's of this or any other generation. [53], On March 18, Dempsey came off the bench against Juventus in their second-leg, last-16 tie in the Europa League and scored the winner on a long chip shot. Clint Dempsey is a keynote speaker and industry expert who speaks on a wide range of topics including Soccer, Athlete and Faith & Religion. [72] On January 21, 2012, Dempsey scored his first Premier League hat-trick against Newcastle while the game ended in a 52 win for Fulham[73] and sent his goal tally in the Premier League to nine for the season. This goal drew Dempsey level with Bert Patenaude as the second-highest goalscoring American in the World Cup, one behind Landon Donovan. When you have it like that, thats when things are going.. But thereafter, Dempsey experienced a dip in form leading some to doubt his first-choice status with the national team. [87], On January 20, 2013, in driving snow at White Hart Lane against league leaders Manchester United, Dempsey was able to salvage a dramatic 11 draw for Spurs by slotting home a pass from Aaron Lennon in the 93rd minute. Dempsey had made a return to form, scoring a hat-trick against Portland Timbers, and recording braces against FC Dallas and the Colorado Rapids, leaving his goal tally at 8 in 5 games for 2014. [130] He assisted Eric Lichaj's first international goal in the U.S.'s 20 victory over El Salvador in the quarterfinals on July 19, tying him with Claudio Reyna for fourth on the U.S. all-time assists list. His wonder goal for Fulham in the 2010 Europa League [round of 16] against Juventus, an audacious chip from the very edge of the penalty box, was a counterpoint to the narrative of American soccer players as brutish, hustling grunt workers. I knew what he was going to do, he knew what I was going to do, we understood to be successful we both had to be on. AAE is a talent booking agency for paid events only. We have booked well over $250M of celebrity talent on behalf of the most respected companies and organizations in the world. In December 2006, English club Fulham offered MLS $4million for the transfer of Dempsey, then the largest amount ever offered for an MLS player, and he became another American addition to a Cottagers' squad which included U.S. internationals Brian McBride and Carlos Bocanegra. Dempsey's suspension matches the one former Chicago Fire forward Cuauhtemoc Blanco received following an altercation with a D.C. United staffer in 2008.
Create Your Own Bratz Doll Game, Vehicle Verification Punjab By Cnic, Brain Breaks For Adults On Zoom, Tennessee Williams, Sister Rose's Schizophrenia And Her Successful Lobotomy, Articles C