The terrific selection of bullets, cases, and powders for the .308 Win. Sponsored by many of the hunting industries leading manufacturers, he has conducted over a thousand hunting and fishing seminars across the United States and has hunted and fished extensively around the world. Hodgdon for. Also, it was proven decades ago that slight variations in powder charges have very little effect on velocities. Lee #2. . All these powders are appropriate in the listed loads. . Buy Hodgdon PST1 Spherical CFE Smokeless Pistol Powder 1 lb: GunBroker is the largest seller of Reloading Powder Reloading Supplies Ammunition Reloading All: 984233362. . Berdan primer pockets have two sneaky little snake-eye flash holes offset to either side of the cases anvil. The BLK naming is in reference to the .300 AAC Blackout cartridge, and the powder is tailored to its needs. Ultimate Reloader LLC is not responsible for errors in load data on this website. endobj With 85-90 grain bullets/boolits, start with 6.5 grains of AA-7 and work toward 7.7 grains for 1400 FPS. Don't have an AR308 yet, but I will soon for a new deer gun. This load fit the bill and delivered excellent accuracy! The reason you start low and work up is so you can look for "obvious" signs of pressure. Suitable bullets weighing from 150 to 165 grains fill the bill here. Snake River PRS club has become his pride and joy with a dedication to growing the sport by recruiting and supporting new and youth shooters. His proven expertise in firearm manipulation and shooting techniques has enhanced the skills of countless individuals and agencies. However, many reloaders dote on match-grade primers, such as the Federal GM210M and the CCI BR-2 primers. For sure give it a try. Pre-rut in October, a mature buck averages 225 - 245, and post rut loses 25 - 30 pounds on average. The favorites were the Nosler 165-grain Partition over 46.8 grains of CFE 223 (2,701 fps and 0.92 inch), the Speer 165-grain Grand Slam with 45.0 grains of Reloder 15 (2,612 fps and 0.88 inch), and the Nosler 150-grain AccuBond over 46.3 grains of VihtaVuori N540 (2,783 fps and 0.78 inch). There was no load data for this listed anywhere, so I emailed Hodgdon who sent me a load for the Speer 130 grain HP and was told to work up from there. Tough projectiles of 178 and 180 grains are about perfect. Case length is important for uniform reloads. The Hodgdon data for these bullets is 44.0 to 49.0 grains. Hornady V-Max; 110-gr. round, it says 8.4 grains is max @ 1062 fps. On a recent safari for exotics in the Texas Hill country, it batted 100 percent, collecting nine animals with nine shots. A significant virtue of the .308 Winchester is its outstanding accuracy. While there are dies that swage out the crimp, I prefer a reamer in a power case-prep unit. 5 "Go to" for .223 and .308 . #10. Last Update: June 19, 2022. First, one must define the role of the intended reload. Ive not only hunted with this pistol, but carried it as a bear gun. This is very small for an extruded powder. Follow @UReloader charge and normally is reduced 10%. It is also noteworthy when using spherical powders to not further reduce the start loads, or erratic ignition and strange pressures can occur. Though Hodgdons chart above shows 12.0 grains for 44 magnum, I wanted to drop it down to 11 grains so it would be a little easier to shoot in my Smith & Wesson 629. mikld said: If load data listed is only one powder charge, that is a max. It should be noted that Beck Defense does not recommend the use of this ammo in a Savage rifle due to wide velocity spreads. Hornady GMX. Some are designed for match-winning performance, others with the hunter in mind, while select spherical powders were designed for combat in semiautomatic and automatic rifles but also serve well in sporting applications. Handloading the 308. 26.8 gr. The .308 Winchester is not only a historic battlefield caliber, it is an established match caliber and one of the best all-around North American hunting calibers. My name is Robert Brantley and I have been obsessed with precision rifle since 2007. It functioned flawlessly through my 1997 vintage Kimber 1911 using Chip McCormick magazines. %PDF-1.5 She has a passion to introduce the shooting sports and showcase gun owners and the 2nd Amendment in a positive light. Improved Military Rifle IMR 3031. Beck Defense is offering this bullet in a .308 load. However, if you are new to the .308 the choices can be overwhelming. Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. The terrain in Southern Idaho often requires a hunter to be able to take shots at 400 yards and well beyond. Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. maximum average pressure for the 218 Bee is 40,000 CUP. Similar lightweight bullets are also available from Barnes, Sierra, and Berger. Dont miss out on Ultimate Reloader updates, make sure youre subscribed! This is mild load though, only going 2750fps at a QL predicted 51k psi. True to the name, CFE Pistol slows or even eliminates copper jacket fouling in barrels. An exception may be a bullet like Hornadys 220-grain RN, which might stabilize due to its shorter length. In just five years, he has earned an impressive shooting resume with consistent top finishes at national level events. One is hard pressed to find a nicer person. I fired five-shot groups with three different factory loads and two proven handloads through both the 16" and the 24" barreled .308 rifles. Hodgdon H380. Sign In. All but 2-3 of those are with handloadedammo. This can be done with the time-honored try and fit technique to get that slight crush fit, but a headspace gauge works better. This makes it more suitable for lighter bullets, but less than optimal for the heaviest big-game bullets. This quality hunting scope offers good optical clarity. This would officially become the 7.62x51mm (aka 7.62 NATO) in 1954. Find what you need in four easy steps. A case trimmer is a miniature lathe, and it whittles off the excess brass in a jiffy. is one turn in 12 inches, while the .30-06s twist is 1:10 inches. We continue to prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at retailers. I looked at the burn rate chart and decided that Leverevolution might work since it was slightly slower burning than CFE 223 and used in the 338 Federal case with . Phillip has attended all follow-on formal Scout Sniper courses, having graduated with honors and recognized as High Shooter from all. A broad selection of powders with the correct burn rate can be used to optimize .308 Winchester velocity and accuracy. Zediker is known as an early ambassador for using accurized M16s in service rifle competition, but he . Theyre easier, faster, and safer, as they keep greasy fingertips off the primers. case has been necked up and down to produce many successful factory cartridges, to say nothing of wildcat cartridges of all shapes and forms. Currently Jake has over 65 top three podium finishes in the last four years, another record! With this thought in mind, loads that are just below maximum, like most factory loads, should be considered as a stopping point for these rifles. It is notable that the .308 Win. case wont hold a double charge, but an underload is also dangerous, so checking is an important safety measure. I consider a 230 grain bullet at nearly 900 fps to be a pretty stout 45 ACP load and would not hesitate to rely on this load for self defense. It offers unusually low extreme velocity spreads with any reasonable load. We show you how. Walker loves waterfowl hunting with his black lab Pow. This data is from hodgdon's reloading data; 150gr Nosler Boat Tail Hodgdon CFE 223 .308" 3.250" Hodgdon BL-C(2) .308" 3.250" 168gr Hornady BTHP Hodgdon BL-C(2) .308" 3.230" So you can see that a 49gr charge of BLC-2 is a starting load in the 150gr class, and a middle charge in the 168. that load data is for a 152gr is smoking and a great SD. This excellent pistol propellant utilizes the Hodgdon CFE formula, Copper Fouling Eraser, virtually eliminating copper fouling, plus . 100 grain Plinker (Cup Jacket with lead nose) 110 grain JSP or JHP (Sierra Jacketed Spire Point) Hodgdon CFE 223. According to the company, this load is moving at 1,010 fps from a Remington 700 with a 20 barrel - well under the supersonic threshold. You can find Hodgdons CFE Pistol powder at, . When I hunted moose in Finland a few years back, I encountered a fellow hunter who plugged a huge calf moose. .308 cartridge using CFE 223 powder on Hodgdon's website. Using bullets from Speer HP, Nosler BT, Nosler E-Tip, Sierra HPBT, Hornady SP, Speer SP, Hornady BTSP, Swift SP. Basic Rifle Reloading 5: Bullet Seating & Crimping, Basic Rifle Reloading Part 4: Powder Charging, NEW DAA Infra-Red Low Powder Sensor (Hands-On), Rifle Reloading Basics Pt1: Safety and Brass Tumbling, NEW Dies from Area 419: M-Series Sizer (In-Depth), Perfect Primer Seating with Frankford Arsenal, RCBS Lightweight Partner Press Unboxing and Overview, TESTED: Double Alpha Academy Turbo Case Feeder, Unsolved: 44 Magnum Over-Pressure Mystery, RCBS Lock-Out Die Part II: Setup and Maintenance, RCBS Lock-Out Die Part I: Theory of Operation, Reloading Safety: Powder Check Systems Overview. bullets, I prefer Lapua Scenar's over the Palmas. The size of the .308 Win. Over 49.0 grains of Power Pro 2000-MR, the velocity was 2,677 fps, and groups averaged 0.84 inch. In the ensuing 70 years, the .308 Win. The key factor is that you are able to get 100 fps faster using this powder with the Hodgdon blends with low pressure. Im not going to kid you and say that the .308 is my favorite cartridge. One last caveat on priming. They were my brother and stepfather's guns and are completely factory guns. CFE 223 yields top velocities in many cartridges such as the 204 Ruger, 223 Remington/5.56mm NATO, 22-250 Remington and the 308 Winchester/7.62mm NATO, plus many, many more. A load that exhibits completely normal pressures, or pressures that are within industry guidelines, can jump quickly above recommended levels with the addition of just one or 2 grains of powder (or by switching case brands or even lot numbers). Manufacturer model #: TG8. Hodgdon, the Brand that's True Shop Hodgdon products at Brownells : https://tinyurl.com/csaogkl To find out. Hodgdon H4895 Improved Military Rifle IMR 4064 VihtaVuori N140 Winchester 748: Accurate 2015 Hodgdon Benchmark Hodgdon BL-C(2) Hodgdon CFE 223.22 Remington Jet Magnum: Alliant Powder 2400 Hodgdon H110 Improved Military Rifle IMR 4227 Winchester 296: Hodgdon H110 Hodgdon H4227.218 Bee: Alliant Powder 2400 Hodgdon CFE BLK.22 - 250 Remington . While it is not identical to the .308 Winchester, according to the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute (SAAMI), it can be used in sporting rifles chambered for .308 Winchester. Sierra, Hornady, Swift, Nosler and Speer each offer an extensive line of .30-caliber hunting bullets that help make the .308 Winchester versatile. The last test gun is my ancient Ruger Model 77R. Use of this data in firearms with insufficient barrel twist rates may result in poor accuracy, key-holing, and internal strikes that could cause damage to muzzle devices
Lyndon Johnson Domestic Policy Philosophy, Pacifica Glow Baby Body Peel, My Core Hr Login Jd, Nephew Related Quotes, Articles H