Ursula Reutin is an award-winning Seattle journalist who started her broadcasting career at KIRO Radio in 1988. KIRO Nights will continue with Mike Lewis and Aaron Mason as hosts from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. We couldnt be more excited about what comes next, said Mike Salk, Director of Programming for Bonneville Seattle. Unfortunately, I was not given that opportunity. Inflation is driving up prices lately on nearly everything, and it seems to be leading some people to tip less at restaurants and for other services. I was only at ESPN for 4 years, but they were some of the best of my career. Six years ago, made most difficult decision ever made leaving @Rivals to come to @ESPN . pic.twitter.com/WNkUGuXeVl, After 17 years reporting on #NFL , I've been informed that I'm being laid off by ESPN effective immediately. In a change of plans, and against the union's wishes, masks will soon be optional for all teachers, staff, and students at Seattle schools. ", Barnett continued: "Of course it is always damaging to me personally, as an independent freelance journalist whose reputation is my primary asset, when one of the big heavy hitters in local media suggests without evidence that I am a malicious actor with no journalistic credibility to thousands of readers, viewers, or listeners. October 23, 2020. At a minimum youll see exactly how powerful your show is (or was) on the radio station. Dottie Pepper (@Dottie_Pepper) April 26, 2017. KIRO Newsradio covers Seattle news, traffic and opinion from hosts Dave Ross, Colleen O'Brien, Gee & Ursula, John Curley & Shari Elliker, and Spike O'Neill. Sorry for the mess I made. And hey, it turns out one of those people is me. Moore has been a co-host at 710 for the past decade, working mostly on the afternoon show. In a short amount of time, Aaron (Mace) Mason has established himself as a rising star in the KIRO Radio lineup. As of winter 2008, his show was the highest . Seattle hasnt had an NBA team since 2008, when the SuperSonics were relocated to Oklahoma, and many local basketball fansas well as Chris Hansen, the hedge-fund manager spearheading the new stadium efforthoped that a brand-new, state-of-the art facility would lure the Sonics back or draw some other team to the city. Where did he come from? He has hosted the Justin and Gee show and co-hosted the John Clayton Show. Kiro nights was a great mix of talent . Layoffs lead to another programming shake-up at 710 ESPN Seattle. John Skipper has just sent memo . , Personally, I love Tom, I love Jim, I love John, and to have to say goodbye to those three people was incredibly difficult for all of us., They should fire Mike Salk. She says she offered to go on the show, but an invitation was never extended. Get a look at everything the Seattle Mariners put into their new City Connect uniforms, as explained by Kevin Martinez, the team's VP of marketing and communications. It was a tremendous opportunity & I enjoyed working w/a lot of really, really good people, Laid off by ESPN today.Although sad cause I loved my job, mostly filled w/gratitude & appreciation for the 9 years #GreatFriendsAndTeammates. Wayne Cody is pictured in 1990, while broadcasting sports news on KIRO Radio. KIRO will introduce a new show, the Gee & Ursula show, from 9 a.m. to noon, that features Gee Scott and Ursula Reutin. As a result, he was suspended from his job at KIRO and also suspended indefinitely by the Seahawks and Bonneville Seattle from hosting the Seahawks' pregame and postgame radio shows. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Oct 27, 2020, 12:12 PM. KIRO Nights will now feature Aaron Mason and Mike Lewis. KIRO Radio 97.3 FM and 710 ESPN Seattle are the Seahawks' flagship stations. 1. This page is not available in other languages. 30yrs as host,pxp,reporter in NASCAR,indycar, CFB,& CBB. Salk said the station held off as long as possible in an effort to save jobs. Grateful to so many. document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); You have entered an incorrect email address! Learn how your comment data is processed. For 17 yrs I've had a dream job covering baseball for ESPN. The firing caught both employees at the station and listeners to the show by surprise. A year later . "Hell naw! I've been informed my contract will not be renewed at ESPN. "[11], On October 8, 2020, Monson posted a tweet during the 2020 Washington state gubernatorial debate mocking governor Jay Inslee's inconsistency in relying on science for restrictive COVID-19 policies but allowing Washingtonians to change their sex designation on birth certificates without also requiring scientific proof. Feb 10, 2023. [2] As a student at the University of Washington, he was the play-by-play announcer for Husky football on-campus broadcaster KCMU. IM SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad that Gee is moving!! A source close to the station told The C Is for Crank that Ossorio was fired for the stunt, which . That drew several hundred responses from his followers, and he later tweeted that those responses were overwhelming me with joy and gratitude. the Seahawks and Mariners. Even after being laid off today, I dont regret it. For 21 yrs. Now expand my successful neglect of the backyard to the front lawn, and if passers-by start flashing the side-eye, Ill stand there proudly. Mariners president of baseball operations Jerry Dipoto went through the team's options with starting pitcher Robbie Ray out for the year. ", "2018 NAB Marconi Radio Award Finalists Announced", "Shorecrest's new girls basketball coach is Dori Monson", "After ten years, Dori Monson steps down as girls basketball coach at Shorecrest", "Longtime KIRO Newsradio host Dori Monson dies at age 61", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dori_Monson&oldid=1138905316, This page was last edited on 12 February 2023, at 08:24. #ESPNLayoff. Time to find out what's next. I look forward to what's next, It's ironic ESPN laid me off the same day as my first partner on the cowboys @Edwerderespn . - We are BACK! The measure also outlines that importing, manufacturing, and distributing magazines with more than 10 rounds will be prohibited. Whatever the reason for their cancellation, the lawsuits are now settled. Three veteran sports radio hosts from 710 ESPN Seattle have been laid off as part of the companys larger cost-cutting measures, prompting another shake-up to the stations talk-show lineup. 2 yrs flew by @espn. After 13 years of sticks and pucks can share that as of today my tenure at ESPN is at a close. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Just learned I will no longer be covering the Dodgers. John & Shari: Why are people turning away from organized religion? Today is my last day. Will do my best to make next 60 days special for our Insider readers, Staying on the NFL Draft as my last assignment. That seems unlikely, however. Take a book this year, though, construction is going to make that trip extremely difficult. The since-deleted tweet, sent Wednesday evening during Washington's gubernatorial debate between incumbent Jay Inslee and challenger Loren Culp, referenced transgenderism. 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.: KIRO Nights hosted by Aaron Mason and Mike Lewis. KIRO Radio program director Bryan Buckalew confirms that Carolyn Ossoriothe reporter who posted a video of herself entering and walking through a trailer that was parked in front of city council member Lisa Herbold's house without the owner's permissionis no longer with the station. https://t.co/uCI1Ct3FHG, MORE: Why ESPN is cutting so much talent. Colorado Avalanche forward Andrew Cogliano suffered a fracture in his neck during Game 6 against the Seattle Kraken on Friday, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press. Bad news morning. We made as many adjustments as we could to control costs while saving jobs. Forever grateful! Grateful for 3 years at ESPN. The bees might thank you, Gee & Ursula: Remote work may be hurting employees, Ross: Tucker Carlson's firing and a look inside the theater of Fox News, Construction will jam up your summer trip to Mount Rainier. Super Bowls, The Trifecta and stories like the one up now are the moments I'll take with me into free agency starting tomorrow. After being abruptly canceled earlier this year, former KIRO Radio hosts Ron Upshaw and Don O'Neill are back on the airor at least on the internetwith a new podcast.The Seattle-based . TODAY! Adios Bristol! "I thought that would be either Sherpas or nuns and it'd probably be easier to find nuns. Will miss all the great people I worked with! No idea how they could keep Jake Heaps and Paul Gallant who are awful. [1] Monson was also a critic of major Seattle infrastructure projects such as Sound Transit and the State Route 99 tunnel. Puget Sound Radio 2023 | All Rights Reserved, Three Senior Voices Silenced at ESPN 710 Seattle (KIRO-AM), Radio Mans Favourite Flashback with Def Leppard, Saturday in Broadcast History .. November 14th, Radio Mans fave with Terence Trent Darby. A beloved, giant artifact that was displayed at the Woodland Park Zoo for nearly 30 years is on its way home to the Seattle area. Immediately after Barnetts article was published, Ron and Don say they started getting hate mail and angry calls of their own. Is Here To Stay: Heres How Talent Beat The Bot, New Flagship For Broadway At Audacy Pittsburgh, New Data Shows Ford Lacks Focus In Cutting AM, Getting In The AM Radio War Room With Don Elliot. People were mad about what was happening to the women, and some of them blamed Ron and Don for triggering the harassment. Its from the current programmer at KIRO Radio [] and he wants to know why he is getting phone calls from the City of Seattle and the city attorneys concerning suing Sally Bagshaw, and it is very apparent to me that he didnt know anything about us suing Sally Bagshaw. Several weeks later, they were informed that the radio show had been canceled. Dori Monson (October 2, 1961 December 31, 2022) was an American radio personality who hosted the Dori Monson Show, an afternoon talk radio show in Seattle, Washington, on KIRO-FM. Gee, Ursula question Amazon's motives as employees are sent back to the office, Ross: Motorcycle Banditos are more respectful drivers than most Seattleites, Deadly fungus spreading in U.S. with approximately 60% mortality, Gee Scott on Seattle 'Sip 'n Stroll': 'I don't want a Bourbon Street here', Happy 40th birthday to the Tacoma Dome (or is it DomaTacoma?). Kraken top Avalanche in Game 7 to earn first playoff series win, Kraken-Avalanche GameCenter: Live updates, highlights, how to watch, stream Game 7 in NHL playoffs, Seahawks' 2023 draft class earns high marks from draft analysts, Seahawks undrafted free agent tracker: How Seattle is filling out roster after 2023 NFL draft, Kraken's Game 7 win keeps playoff hockey on Seattle's center stage. And, despite it all, they still think Bagshaw is a good member of the city council. Clayton is a longtime NFL reporter for a number of outlets. The suit, which was settled earlier this year with a $35,000 payment from the City of Seattle, goes back to the spring of 2016, when the citizens, pundits, and politicians of Seattle were hotly debating whether or not to build a new NBA stadium in Sodo. Here's a running list of the most recognizable names we know have been let go by ESPN. Bob Stelton and Dave Wyman will remain in the afternoon time slot, while gaining an additional hour on air. Seattle Mariners pitcher Easton McGee took a no-hitter into the seventh inning of his first MLB start, but Toronto won 1-0 in 10 innings. After 5 incredible years, I was laid off today by ESPN. The first big lane shift for the new I-5/SR-529 interchange is just the beginning of construction projects in Marysville. Monson, who also hosts a daily show on KIRO Radio 97.3 FM from noon to 3 p.m . It's time, w/@AspenInstSports growing. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Daily industry headlines plus breaking news bulletins. This story was covered everywhere, from the New York Times to Full Frontal with Samantha Bee. Time to go. Bonneville Seattle is your home to KIRO Newsradio 97.3 FM, Seattle Sports, and AM 770 KTTH. On to the next one. Thanks to all of the fans and to my entire SportsCenterAM crew. In a recent Wall Street Journal/National Opinion Research Center poll, only 39% of Americans say that religion is "very important" to them. But basketball, as they say, never stops. For many in the post-holiday season, the lingering question remains: At what point should I take down my Christmas tree? [10], Among the regular features on The Dori Monson Show was a weekly "one on one against the nuns" segment where Monson tested his football acumen against two nuns, Sisters Kath Silverthorn and Cele Gorman of the Archdiocese of Seattle, each making predictions for the next Sunday's NFL games. Thanks to all the great people at ESPN, MLB & all of you! On their podcast, they reiterated that they believe Bagshaw and the other council members were harassed, and that someone on another radio show, on another station, may have given out Bagshaws number and urged their listeners to call and harass her. Of Reasoning! Bagshaw told Barnett she was so shaken by these messages that for the first time in her tenure on the council, she was afraid for her safety walking downtown at night. In January, Ron Upshaw (right) and Don O'Neill settled a lawsuit for defamation against city council member Sally Bagshaw. Moved my wife and 3 kids to CT to go "all in" 5 years ago. I also enjoyed your personality and your interactions with Nick always cracked me up. Posting comments is now limited to subscribers only. Jerry Dipoto filled in the blanks Thursday. The Seattle Seahawks went back to LSU for a guard once again, taking RG Anthony Bradford, who is 6 foot 4 and 332 pounds. I did not do so because I consider Bagshaw, whom I have covered for many years on other subjects, a reliable source, and still do. She also accused KIRO listeners and stadium proponents of engaging in conspiracy theories and ignoring the real story. With more than 100 hours of live and local programming each week, KIRO . And, while they were on the beach, both Ron and Don got their real estate licenses as well, which is prominently posted on their landing page to the new podcast RonandDonRadio.com. All rights reserved. With more than 100 hours of live and local programming each week, KIRO Newsradio has kept listeners of the Puget Sound Region informed and entertained for nearly a century. Posted by Spike O'Neill. Episode #1. NFL insider John Clayton is leaving ESPN as part of the sweeping layoffs, according to SN's @MMcCarthyREV. So, I am no longer with ESPN, as of today. It is, of course, totally possible that the show was canceled for other reasonssay, a slip in ratings, a measurement that radio shows live and die by. He spoke about how the burning of the cabin, and the death of his friend Dori Monson. Growing up, working for ESPN was the dream. The shake-up comes a little more than a year after Salk and Brock Huard left their popular morning show. Magnolia Residents Do Not. Working at ESPN was my dream. The network wants those people to be able to break the news to family, friends and colleagues in their own time and their own way. The new law is intended to help close the gender pay gap. Landed in Madrid. In January, KIRO-FM canceled the show by not renewing the contract for the popular Seattle morning team. Audio Ink is a trademark of Streamline Publishing, Inc. Log In (Existing Digital Subscriptions Only), Cutchall Made Full Market Manager At Beasley Vegas, Barrett Media Announces First-Ever BNM Summit, NAB Opens Marconi Award Nomination Period, 2023 Medallas de Cortez Finalists Announced, San Franciscos Breeze Is At Kulps Back For Exit, Ryan Cameron Reaches Syndication With Urban One, The Best Sales Managers Have This Curious Trait, The Zen Way To Kick Through Station Stagnation, A.I. After nearly eight years of covering the NHL, MLB and the NFL at ESPN, it's time for the next chapter in my career. But totally get it. I have God, my family and friends that will always be there for me. UCLA WR Jake Bobo may be Seahawks' biggest undrafted steal, Kraken hang on in Game 7 to eliminate defending champion Avs, Moving on: Kraken beat Avs in Game 7 to make more history, Raleigh rallies Mariners with 2 late HRs in 10-8 win over Blue Jays, 5 players who will be crucial to UW Huskies defensive fortunes, Pete Carroll Breakdown: Coach details Hawks' draft class, 'Speed & violence': Why Hawks' draft gets high marks, Kraken and their depth outplayed defending champs, A close look at all 10 Seattle Seahawks draft picks, Seahawks wrap up draft class with another RB, Georgia's Kenny McIntosh, Seahawks draft safety Jerrick Reed II in sixth round, Seahawks take standout Michigan C Olusegun Oluwatimi in 5th, Seahawks draft big Michigan edge Mike Morris in 5th round, Seahawks address D-line in 4th with Mississippi State DT Cameron Young, Seahawks select big LSU right guard Anthony Bradford 108th overall, Blue Jays spoil rookie Easton McGee's no-hit bid, Mariners lose 1-0, Offense sputters again as Seattle Mariners lose 3-2 to Blue Jays, Mariners City Connect Breakdown: The story behind new uniforms. From Cold Pizza to First Take to SC I made more friends than I can name. Alaska Airlines is facing issues with contracting and a shortage of pilots, leaving travelers to deal with a surplus of flight cancellations. [6][7], In 1995, Monson was given his own show on KIRO in the noon to 3:00pm time slot, replacing Dave Ross, who moved to the preceding 9:00am to noon morning slot. Wassell announced his departure on Twitter on Thursday morning. Friday, October 9th, 2020. . And, according to Inside Radio, their show was third-ranked during afternoon drive time in December, the month before they were canceled. Barnett was dropped from the suit against Bagshaw but named in the suit against the Atlantic. Worked w/ some great folks who are now friends. Thx for the opportunities & wonderful friendships. Many drivers,owners,crew,coaches & fans, lifetime friends. They complied, leaving messages Bagshaw summarizes as "You cunt, you whore, you bitch, you don't know anything. Thank you to everyone who read and supported me throughout my 9 years there. With over 25 years at KIRO 7, KING 5 and KIRO FM, Tracy Taylor calls it quits April 30th. As part of the new lineup, Gallant will have an additional solo hour on air, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The hosts recounted what happened next in one of the first episodes of their new podcast. Who is Jos Caballero, the Mariners rookie earning time at 2B? Monson, who was of Icelandic heritage, grew up in Ballard, a Scandinavian ethnic enclave in Seattle. With Sawant Out, Whats Next for Seattles Left? 1, Panthers' Bryce Young is all 'business now', Top picks Christian Gonzalez, Keion White reflect Patriots' ideal identity, Big takeaways from the NFL draft: A historic QB class, the rebuilt AFC South and new GMs thriving, NFL Nation sizes up all 259 draft selections, XFL semifinals: Defenders roll Sea Dragons, set up title showdown with Renegades. Sincere gratitude to those who were so kind and supportive. But during her deposition, she did admit to telling Barnett that Ron and Don were the source of the harassment, even though shed never actually listened to their show. A Walk in the Dark is a live radio drama . The Tacoma Dome is celebrating its 40th birthday with fun and free activities, but the official selection the name goes back a bit further. The latest news and opinion on the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Mariners, and Seattle Kraken. Enjoyed nine great years here. Radio Ink is a radio-industry trade publication that is published 12 times a year for the radio management sector of the radio broadcasting industry. Brrrrrrrrring Dori Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! And the fourth was the big one. Thankful for the opportunity I was given and people I got to work with! We are BACK! State Rep. Jim Walsh wants to create a bill that will "clear up language around self-defense" to protect people that have actual claims. Onward to new challenges. The new KIRO Radio lineup, effective January 29: The Seattle Seahawks ended their 10-man 2023 NFL Draft class with another running back, this time Georgia's Kenny McIntosh. You have entered an incorrect email address! Right wing talk radio personality Dori Monson no longer has a platform from which to promote Tim Eyman's destructive initiatives and other harmful agendas. - ron and don". John Curley and Shari Elliker host a weekly afternoon drive radio show from 3:00pm - 7:00pm on Seattle's KIRO Newsradio 97.3 FM. "I wanted to find the absolute most incongruous people we'd normally never associate with football analysis," Monson explained. The third was more significant ("This article has been updated to clarify that the two female Seattle City Council members who accepted illegally bundled campaign contributions in 2003 were not charged with committing illegal activity"). The CDC hasissued a warning about a deadly drug-resistant strain of fungus, Candida auris, spreading in healthcare facilities in the U.S. Gee Scott does not want Seattle Mayor Bruce Harrell's 'Sip 'n Stroll' plan. TBTL was awesome, and now it's gone. On April 26, 2017, the entire sports media world was rocked by news of about 100 layoffs at ESPN, many of them impacting big-name reporters, columnists, anchors, hosts and analysts.
Accident In Swansea, Ma Today, Susan Calman Campervan, Anna Christina Radziwill, Articles K