He bought the two acres for $42,000 but. As Heemeyer smashed into the hardware store, the heavy equipment operator quickly moved his grader behind the Killdozer. He destroyed a library, which was connected to the town hall, and the former home of Mayor L.R. With the construction of a concrete plant near his muffler shop, Marvin Heemeyer had lost a seemingly endless battle against the City Council of Granby, Colorado. Keep writing. C4 explosives did nothing. It all began with a man named Marvin John Heemeyer, a typical American blue-collar fellow. But beyond the physical changes, theres a mental change in the minds of Farrell and others. He seemed to be very much a my way or the highway kind of man. It was these circumstances that unhinged Heemeyer, causing him to drive an armored bulldozer through downtown Granby, Colorado, pulverizing several buildings before turning a gun on himself. Heemeyer also speaks frequently about God that God prepared him for this task; that perhaps even God planned it before he was born. Others offered different views. 4 June 2014. This man killed no one but himself , However those that stood against him to steal his job and lively hood ,PAID . The sheriff's department argued that the town was lucky that nobody was killed, considering that eleven of the 13 buildings were occupied moments before they were destroyed bythe "killdozer". Others could easily have died, though. Tourism is a draw in the area, though Granby is hardly the center of it. [12], Defenders of Heemeyer contended that he made a point of not hurting anybody during his bulldozer rampage. Marvin John Heemeyer (born in South Dakota, October 28,1951), a successful welder, owned two muffler shops named "Mountain View Muffler" in Granby and nearby Boulder, Colorado. Its not that I dont feel safe, but its changed the way that you look at people, at stuff, he said. This was a part-time project over a 1 year time period." Not realizing Heemeyers rage and determination, one of the concrete plants heavy equipment operators tried to block the road to Heemeyers escape. Reportedly, the only thing that did not sell was a very large bulldozer. ", Investigators later found Heemeyer's handwritten list of targets. Marvin John Heemeyer (October 28, 1951 - June 4, 2004) was an American automobile muffler repair shop owner who, following a dispute with town officials, demolished numerous buildings with a modified bulldozer in Granby, Colorado, on June 4, 2004. Heemeyer's brother turned the tapes over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), who in turn sent them to the Grand County Sheriff's Department. Heemeyerspent more than a year building his "killdozer" and planning his attack on the town of Granby, an act he felt was in accordance with God's will: "God blessed me in advance for the task that I am about to undertake. However there were concerns about collateral damage from either military weapon. Another item that stood out to me in Heemeyers taped manifesto was dozens of references to his money. Heemeyer also mentioned playing the lottery and the fact that he never won as a sign from God to go forward with his intentions. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! Heemeyer had been feuding with Granby officials, particularly over fines for violating city ordinances and a zoning dispute regarding a concrete factory constructed opposite to his muffler shop that had caused his business to fail. Everybody, all the time. Marvin Heemeyer after he moved to Colorado. The agreed price was $250,000 but according to Susan Docheff, Heemeyer changed his mind and increased the price to $375,000 and later demanded a deal worth approximately $1 million. [10], On June 4, 2004, Heemeyer drove his armored bulldozer through the wall of his former business, the concrete plant, the Town Hall, the office of the local newspaper that editorialized against him, the home of a former judge's widow, and a hardware store owned by another man Heemeyer named in a lawsuit, as well as others. Im going to get ahead. The sheriff's department argued the fact that no one was injured was not due to good intent as much as to good luck. The cameras were protected on the outside by 3-inch shields of bullet-resistant plastic. Its not my fault. The first recording was made on April 13, 2004. The last recording was made 13 days before the rampage. The plan involved dispersing individual pieces to many separate scrap yards to prevent souvenir-taking.[17]. As a last measure, Heemeyer petitioned the city with his neighbors and friends, but to no avail. In notes found by investigators after the incident, Heemeyer wrote: "It's interesting how I never got caught. Ken Heemeyer said his brother "would bend over backwards for anyone". He sued, and sued again. Heemeyer's homemade tank also had two gunports which he allegedly used to shoot at power transformers and propane tanks: Meanwhile, early defenders of Heemeyer contended he made a point of not hurting anybody during his bulldozer rampage. [18] The first recording was made on April 13, 2004. Nothing ever gets better unless something drastic happens.You meddled in my business and took what I deserved away. At approximately 2:00 p.m. on June 4, 2004, Marvin Heemeyer completed his Killdozer. He ultimately lost his appeal. Brower was in the newspaper offices that afternoon when Heemeyer came by, sending the walls tumbling and Brower running into the street. And the truth, too, is that in the minds of many others who know Heemeyer only through his internet legend, the truth just doesn't matter. Heemeyer's story, at least the interesting part, begins in Granby, a town in a high basin of the Rocky Mountains in northern Colorado. His friends stated that he had no relatives in the GranbyGrand Lake area. It's interesting how Ron Thompson died prematurely shortly after PDO . Caldwell, Alicia. At one point, a SWAT team member dropped a flash-bang grenade down the exhaust pipe of the Killdozer to no effect. Heemeyer had installed two rifles in firing ports on the inside of the bulldozer,[14] and fired 15 bullets from his rifle at power transformers and propane tanks. Nobody was killed during the rampage. Marvin Heemeyer built a weapon to flatten anything that stood in his way, and the internet called him a hero. "[16], Heemeyer's actions were apparently a political statement. Great, thanks for sharing this blog.Really looking forward to read more. Food, water and life support[Clarification needed] were present in the almost airtight cabin. He was, by his own account (on recordings that he made in the weeks before he embarked on his tankcapade), a successful business owner. "There's new people coming and going a lot here, but it definitely has its good old boy local element as well," Brower says, "an element that Marv really tried to capitalize on.". Best Regards! A tank, complete with thick steel-plated walls to ward off attackers and a couple of guns to inflict some harm. "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."[8]. [1] Onboard fans and an air conditioner were used to keep Heemeyer cool while driving and compressed air nozzles were fitted to blow dust away from the video cameras. Thompson's 82-year-old widow Thelma Thompson was living at the home when it was destroyed. After two hours and seven minutes, Heemeyer had bulldozed every business or home that had some connection to his case against the zoning committee. This material may not be reproduced without permission. Heemeyer was surprised that several men who had visited the shed late the previous year did not discover the modified bulldozer, "especially with the 2,000 lb. Marvin Heemeyer. "I think God will bless me to get the machine done, to drive it, to do the stuff that I have to do", he said. Born: 1952Birthplace: Castlewood, SDDied: 4-Jun-2004Location of death: Granby, COCause of death: Suicide, Gender: MaleRace or Ethnicity: WhiteSexual orientation: StraightOccupation: Criminal, Nationality: United StatesExecutive summary: Killdozer pilot. He accused the city of costing him money. Heemeyer unsuccessfully appealed the decision, claiming the construction blocked access to his shop. (Photos from Sky-Hi News and the Grand County Sheriff's Office.) I wrote a book! Here's an image of one of the gunports inside of the killdozer: Investigators also found a list Heemeyer had written before the attack. Since then, members of the State Patrol revealed that to the contrary, the governor did consider authorizing an attack but ultimately decided against it due to the potential for collateral damage of a missile strike in the heart of Granby being significantly higher than what Heemeyer could have caused with his bulldozer. He also told a strange story of confronting the brother of one of his deceased neighbors and demanding $300,000 as restitution for a perceived grievance. He drove the machine out of his shop through the wall, then plowed through the concrete plant, the town hall, a newspaper office, a former judges widows home, a hardware store, and other homes. [5], Later, Heemeyer fired on two state patrol officers before they had fired at him. This negotiation happened before the rezoning proposal was heard by the town council. Heemeyer also destroyed patrol cars, service trucks, and at least one pickup truck. In addition to writings that he left on the wall of his shed, Heemeyer recorded a number of audio tapes explaining his motivation for the attack. Its unclear whether this complaint was true or not. That included 12 police officers and residents of a senior citizens complex. It all depends on who you ask. [1] Compressed-air nozzles were fitted to blow dust away from the video cameras.[1]. Investigators searched the garage where they believe Heemeyer built the vehicle and found cement, armor and steel. Despite the nearly $7 million in property damage done to the town of Granby, not a single human besides Heemeyer was killed during the rampage. First, he seemed to have a poor recollection of past events. Photos and Memories(2) Heemeyer believed the townsfolk were angry with him for buying his property because he had acquired it during an FDIC auction of foreclosed properties. Marvin Heemeyers actions on June 4, 2005 have been described in many terms, ranging from deranged to heroic. He calls Granby a bunch of backstabbers. Now its an appliance and mattress store with two employees. "Somehow their vision was clouded", he wrote. [13], "Had these tanks ruptured and exploded, anyone within one-half mile (800m) of the explosion could have been endangered", the sheriff's department said. Then there was all the God stuff. "The Wrath of the Killdozer." Perhaps the most revealing note that he left behind was this one: I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable. The attack lasted for two hours and seven minutes, damaging 13 buildings, knocking out natural gas service to city hall and the concrete plant, damaging a truck, and destroying part of a utility service center. In total, he did about $7 million worth of damage. The tapes are about 2.5 hours in length. But as any small-business owner in any small town anywhere in America will tell you, the red tape can be a bear. For many years, Heemeyer had used the adjacent property as a way to get to his muffler shop. The town of Granby still hasn't fully recovered from Heemeyer's vengeful and dangerous attack. This was quickly deemed unnecessary when Heemeyer became trapped in the basement of a Gambles hardware store. 315K views 1 year ago Marvin Heeymeyer would, in his eyes, be forced to take unreasonable measures against those who he believed had slighted him. When his killdozer was finished, he readied himself for his attack. Inside, he mounted powerful fans to blow away dust from the air slits and gun portals, and kept a stock of beverages in a cooler. 29 July 2009. And they claim that was intentional on his part that he only meant to send a message, not hurt anyone. For the next eighteen months, he retrofitted the bulldozer with steel plates as well as homemade armor consisting of both concrete and steel sheets to make what he called his MK Tank though it is remembered today as Killdozer.. A ton of videos of that day, too, are available online, many of them containing archival news footage of the rampage. Heemeyer never married. He was born in 1951 in South Dakota. Heemeyers side of the story seemed to be predominantly a creation of his own mind. When Marvin John Heemeyer was born on 28 October 1951, in Castlewood, Hamlin, South Dakota, United States, his father, John Harm Heemeyer, was 27 and his mother, Augusta Mulder, was 30. More than once he referred to his past grievances and now his current plan of mayhem as a cross he carried in Gods name. Please copy/paste the following text to properly cite this HowStuffWorks.com article: Hyoung Chang/Denver Post via Getty Images. There were calls for the Killdozer to be set up as a tourist attraction (they were dismissed) and in various libertarian and right-wing circles, June 4th is known as Killdozer Day. [1] National Guard units were placed on standby orders by Governor Bill Owens for possible anti-armor support. Authorities later realized that every building that had been bulldozed had some connection to Heemeyer and his lengthy battle against the zoning committee. In this view, Heemeyer is a hero. Marvin Heemeyer built a tank. [3], John Bauldree, a friend of Heemeyer's, said that he was a likable person. [2] However, he was eventually forced to jump off to avoid being hit with debris. "Man who bulldozed through Colo. town is dead", http://web.archive.org/web/20070311112300/http://www.cozine.com/archive/cc2004/01250121.html, http://web.archive.org/web/20070220134042/http://umdstudents.com/viewtopic.php?t=6125, http://www.durangotelegraph.com/04-06-24/mountain_exchange.htm, "Granby Rampage Damage Expected To Exceed several Million", http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3390654/detail.html, "Rampager was surprised his plans went unnoticed", http://www.spokesmanreview.com/tools/story_pf.asp?ID=9810, "Crews Begin Dismantling Granby Bulldozer", http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4393800/detail.html, http://web.archive.org/web/20080326153105/http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=Minisite_Episodes&content_type_id=56913&display_order=2&mini_id=56902, "After bulldozer rampage, town strives to rebuild trust", http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/10/24/after_bulldozer_rampage_town_strives_to_rebuild_trust/, "Granby: 2004 bulldozer rampage subject of History Channel program", http://www.skyhidailynews.com/article/20080106/NEWS/259348922, "Rampages Tanks, Bulldozers, Whatever You Got! He gave away all his money and possessions to include his beloved snowmobiles and his home. How can the U.S. government sue a business? He attempted to tell events chronologically leading up to 2004, but he often jumped around in his storytelling as he remembered or failed to remember key events of his tale. Heemeyer was born in 1951 in South Dakota. One thing the community should also learn: don't let inbred, window peeking perverts and bankrupt suicidals run everything. Bellows, Jason. Indeed, in the years after the rampage, Heemeyer became a controversial folk hero in certain circles, with some believing that he was a victim of a town government that didnt think twice about hurting a local business. Heemeyer had moved to a town outside of Granby in the fall of 1991 and was running a muffler shop he had opened in Granby years earlier. The negotiations hadnt been easy, and hed been having trouble agreeing with the company on a suitable price. [5] The sheriff's department also notes that 11 of the 13 buildings Heemeyer bulldozed were occupied until moments before their destruction. Marvin John Heemeyer (October 28, 1951 - June 4, 2004) was a welder and an automobile muffler repair shop owner most known for his rampage with a modified bulldozer. ", http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com/stuff/archive/oldnews5/rampages.htm, http://extras.denverpost.com/slideshows/dozer_slideshow.html, "Newly released audiotapes detail reasons for Granby bulldozer rampage", http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=49366, "Man Who Bulldozed Granby Says He Got Idea From God", http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3697785/detail.html, "7NEWS Looks Inside Granby Work Shed Where 'Dozer Was Outfitted", http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3394824/detail.html, Discovery Channel Destroyed in Seconds video, Site detailing Marvin Heemeyer's dispute with City Hall, Granby Damage, includes several pictures of the incident, Articles needing clarification from June 2015, Articles with unsourced statements from April 2014, Articles with unsourced statements from November 2014, Articles incorporating text from Wikipedia, Bulldozers with powerplants larger than 500kW, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Volume 90%. Heemeyer had installed two rifles in firing ports on the inside of the bulldozer, and fired fifteen bullets from his rifle at power transformers and propane tanks. My world just turned upside down, he told the Sky-Hi on the 10th anniversary. A destroyed truck was stuck inside the Mountain Parks Electric building after Marvin Heemeyers rampage. Police, concerned for the safety of innocent folks, considered extreme military weapons to stop him. [citation needed], Heemeyer's body was subsequently removed by police with a crane, though it took twelve hours for them to cut through the hatch with an oxyacetylene cutting torch. [6], Heemeyer's bulldozer was a modified Komatsu D355A,[7] which he referred to as the "MK Tank" in audio recordings, fitted with makeshift armor plating covering the cabin, engine, and parts of the tracks. Your email address will not be published. And the only person you have to blame is yourself. He hoped future generations of Granby residents would be wiser and and more loving because of his attack. [4], In 1992, Heemeyer bought 2 acres (8,100m2) of land from the Resolution Trust Corporation, the federal agency organized to handle the assets of failed savings and loan institutions. God has asked me to do this. Thats not an excuse to go out and tear the town to pieces and shoot at people.. On his list of targets were: the bank, the electric company, the newspaper, a construction company, the police station, the former mayors home, the town hall, the library, and the hardware store. He said he wasnt afraid of death and resigned himself to his fate. "But I can tell you that the vast majority of comments that I get, either on my blog or anonymously through email or whatever, are that I'm a SOB, that I'm an a******, all kinds of negative language. He would frequently admit I dont even remember anymore. His own story was such a convoluted twisting of reality that even he couldnt keep it straight. He died on 4 June 2004, in Granby, Grand, Colorado, United States, at the age of 52. "I just think he set things up to the point where you would have to say no.'" .50 caliber rifle, a .308 caliber semi-automatic rifle, and a .22 caliber rifle, all fitted with a one-half-inch-thick (1.3cm) steel plate. About a minute later, one of the SWAT team members who had swarmed around the machine reported hearing a single gunshot from inside the sealed cab. "Had they not meddled in my business," Heemeyer pronounced in his pre-rampage manifesto, "this whole thing would have turned out completely different.". These notes indicated that he held grudges over the zoning approval. Then, take a look at some real-life vigilante stories of ordinary citizens taking justice into their own hands. The investigation also revealed that he hadn't planned to come out of it alive. The spree lasted over two hours before finally coming to a deadly standstill. By Tape 3, Heemeyer is in full-blown rage as he continues to rant about his grievances and need for revenge. He purchased the land for his shop in 1992 from the Resolution Trust Corporation and later decided to sell it to a man who wanted to build a concrete plant. It was equipped with three semi-automatic rifles, and Heemeyer carried two sidearms, including a .357 Magnum that he used to commit suicide. In the end, Heemeyer left the world believing that God had asked him to undertake his rampage. Here is that remarkable story of the revenge he felt . Marv Heemeyer took all that money he made on the sale of his property and the welding skills he had honed over a lifetime and, surreptitiously over the course of more than a year, built himself a tank on a bulldozer body. God has asked me to do this. [13] Despite the great damage to property, no one besides Heemeyer was killed. Many people considered Heemeyer to be a the victim of a careless and indifferent government that approved the construction of a concrete factory with no regard to how it would affect Heemeyer's business at the muffler shop. And Granby had its share of red tape. He fired dozens of rifle rounds, some aimed at law enforcement, others attempting to ignite large explosions. "I think God will bless me to get the machine done, to drive it, to do the stuff that I have to do", he said. Heemeyer was 52 years old. He could have done whatever he wanted, hung out in his hot tub and gone snowmobiling and enjoyed life. Heemeyer appealed the decisions unsuccessfully. Heemeyer, behind the controls of his steel-and-concrete reinforced killdozer, began his attack on the town and his enemies at about 3 p.m., bursting through a wall of the secret shop where he constructed his monstrosity. Others offered different views. Casey Farrell, the owner of a hardware store that was destroyed by Heemeyer, said that it took him more than seven years to rebuild, and that Heemeyer's rampage took more than a financial toll on the town: First, he rammed the home of the mayor and the town hall and library. His muffler shop was cut off from the rest of town, his business curtailed. All told, 13 buildings and dozens of cars were decimated before Heemeyer was stopped. In the early 1990s, he moved into Grand Lake, Colorado, bought a few acres of land for $42,000 in 1992,. He bought the land for $42,000 to build a muffler shop and subsequently agreed to sell the land to a concrete company owned by the Docheff family to build a concrete batch plant. Meanwhile, Heemeyer has become, to many people who inhabit the fringes of the internet, an example of someone who stood up for his beliefs, who took on a corrupt establishment and, when he couldn't beat it, did his machine-welding best to bring it down. Heemeyer had leased his business to a trash company and sold the property several months before the rampage. Its difficult to find educated people about this topic, but you seem like you know what youre talking about! Hyoung Chang/The Denver Post/Getty Images. Owners of all the buildings that were damaged had some connection to Heemeyer's disputes. The radiator of the bulldozer had been damaged, and the engine was leaking various fluids. According to the "folk hero" version of Killdozer Day, Heemeyer only attacked buildings, not people, owned by those who had done him wrong, and made an effort not to harm any of the town's general population or property. Now, however, it would serve a new purpose as his weapon of destruction: the killdozer. His first target for revenge was Mountain Park Concrete plant that he blamed for so many of his troubles. Local and state patrol, including a SWAT team, walked behind and beside the bulldozer, occasionally firing, but the armored bulldozer was impervious to their shots. [8] It was planned that individual pieces would be dispersed to many separate scrap yards to prevent admirers of Heemeyer from taking souvenirs. In early 2003, Heemeyer sold his property for $400,000 to a trash company, and put everything up for auction. Heemeyer bought his two acres from the Resolution Trust Corp., the federal agency set up to handle the assets of failed savings and loan institutions. Definitely, what a great blog and revealing posts, I definitely will bookmark your site. Instead of building the armor plating entirely onto his bulldozer, he fashioned the top piece separately to be lifted by crane onto the bulldozer once he was inside. Heemeyer initially agreed to sell the land to the Docheff family, but then backed out of the deal out after asking for more: The story of the batch plant also goes back to 1992, three years after Heemeyer had moved to the area. The only thing that Marvin Heemeyer was a victim of was his own greed and vengeful bitterness. Granby PD initiated a reverse 911 distress call warning residents of Heemeyers attack. And when the brother naturally refused, Heemeyer threatened that one day he would collect on this made-up debt. After all, Marvin Heemeyer was known to have been a logical man, so it was expected that he would have taken a logical approach. But Rocky Mountain National Park is less than 20 miles (32 kilometers) away. [12] The bulldozer also knocked out natural gas service to City Hall and the cement plant, and damaged a truck and part of a utility service center. Much obliged. [1], For visibility, the bulldozer was fitted with several video cameras linked to two monitors mounted on the vehicle's dashboard. Attempts to disable the bulldozer's cameras with gunfire failed as the bullets were unable to penetrate the 3-inch bullet-resistant plastic. He endangered the lives of the police officers, destroyed several emergency vehicles, and could have killed several innocent civilians if it wasn't for the actions of law enforcement who managed to evacuate buildings before they were destroyed. A buisness owner that had the city infringe on his rights, Heemeyer stood up to a corrupt government and showed them that he isn't weak, and that the people of America should stand up for what's right. [1], Afterwards, the modified bulldozer came to be known as "Killdozer", although only Heemeyer was killed in the incident. *Side note: he annoyingly says the word anyways quite frequently. At one point, the the sheriff climbed atop the still-moving Killdozer to gain entry, only to discover Heemeyer had sealed himself inside. Over the years, he had agreed to sell the land to a concrete company to build a plant. "This was a part-time project over a .mw-parser-output .frac{white-space:nowrap}.mw-parser-output .frac .num,.mw-parser-output .frac .den{font-size:80%;line-height:0;vertical-align:super}.mw-parser-output .frac .den{vertical-align:sub}.mw-parser-output .sr-only{border:0;clip:rect(0,0,0,0);height:1px;margin:-1px;overflow:hidden;padding:0;position:absolute;width:1px}1+12 year time period." Heemeyer's friends stated that he had no relatives in the Granby-Grand Lake area. In places, the vehicle's armor was over one foot thick, consisting of concrete sandwiched between sheets of steel to make ad-hoc composite armor. They sent the pieces to dozens of scrap yards to stop admirers of Heemeyer from snatching a piece, as it soon became clear that the killdozer was going to be a subject of fascination. We shall NEVER forget Marvin Heemeyer . 7 7 tape 4 side a 10:12. In rampage of revenge spanning over two hours,. Heemeyer's brother Ken stated that he "would bend over backwards for anyone". Marvin John Heemeyer (October 28, 1951 June 4, 2004) was an American automobile muffler repair shop owner who demolished numerous buildings with a modified bulldozer in Granby, Colorado, on June 4, 2004. [1] [2]Enfurecido e insatisfeito com a construo de uma usina de concreto na cidade, que impediria o caminho at sua oficina mecnica, ele modificou seu trator de . While some described him as cheerful, polite, and a wonderful man, others had a much different opinion of Heemeyer remembering him as argumentative, antagonistic, and combative. Ultimately Im just grateful youre here reading my content, but if youd like to say thanks back, you can buy me a coffee . Heemeyer had no intention of leaving the cabin once he entered; the hatch was permanently sealed. According to authorities, once hed sealed himself inside the cockpit, it would have been impossible for him to have gotten out and they dont believe he ever wanted to. And the only person you have to blame is yourself.". Marvin Heemeyer had a vendetta against the small town of Granby Colorado and its government officials. A patriot? "Once he tipped that lid shut, he knew he wasn't getting out", Daly said. In addition to the frustration engendered by this dispute over access, Heemeyer was fined $2,500 by the Granby government for various violations, including "junk cars on the property and not being hooked up to the sewer line". None of their ammunition, including armor-piercing rounds, penetrated the Killdozer. Your membership is the foundation of our sustainability and resilience. [9], For visibility, the bulldozer was fitted with several video cameras linked to two monitors mounted on the vehicle's dashboard. "Man Who Bulldozed Through Colo. Town Is Dead." Heemeyer found himself at odds with others in the community, both in government and outside of it, after buying some land at auction (to, he says, at least one person's discontent). The attacks were in place and, had Heemeyer not wedged himself in the basement of a store, they would have been carried out. Really Great. I dont know how to put it into words, really..
Mother Loses 5 In Fire Gofundme, Sun Worship In Catholic Church, Zachary Duncan Obituary, Does Cheryl Miller Have A Son, Met Police Pension Calculator, Articles M