After spending several hundred miles in the CX-3, we can confidently say its a very comfortable place to be, even for extended periods. Six airbags, brake assist, stability and traction controls, ABS, and hill holder. Go figure. If you think this is good, let's look inside. . It handles very well in all conditions, and hasn't left me stranded anywhere yet. Those who care about these kinds of things will appreciate the feedback the CX-3 gives to the driver through the steering wheel. We comprehensively experience and analyze every new SUV, car, truck, or minivan for sale in the U.S. and compare it to its competitors. Update: The Mazda CX-3 is a great car, I still love it now with 6700 miles. General Motors confirmed Volvo also recently reported that in the U.S., its EVs and plug-in hybrids combined make up more than a quarter of total sales. Speaking of the CX-3's brakes, it stopped from 60 mph in 121 feet, which is about average for the segment. The Daimler joint venture will "forge ahead" with an electric-truck network, amid conflicting policy signals. What Is It? The 2016 Mazda CX-3 drove away with top honors, earning the designation of Northwest Outdoor Activity Vehicle of the Year, Compact Utility Vehicle. city/highway. Compare the 2016 Mazda CX-3 against the competition. That's with the standard stereo, by the way; if you get the Bose system, its trunk-mounted subwoofer reduces those numbers to 10.1 and 42.3, respectively. Emission standard. The CX-3 shines on first impression. Trunk space isn't great, either. In fact, the CX-3 will be offered only with a diesel engine in its home market of Japan, CEO Masamichi Kogai told Reuters during the CX-3's launch there. The whole trip 33mpg. MSRP excludes tax, title, license fees and $995 destination charge (Alaska $1,040). Mechanical. For a glimpse at real-world transaction prices, we suggest you look at the KBB Fair Purchase Price for each vehicle and other competitors. There's a third seat belt, but it's a two-person seat regardless, especially because it subtly tips both outboard occupants toward the center of the seat. For context, the HR-V can swallow up to 58.8 cubic feet of stuff. The front seats themselves are fantastic, firm yet comfy with good lateral support to hold you in place through corners. overall length and 60.7-in. $23,419 Based on 256 cars listed for sale in the last 6 months Lowest Price $15,888 Highest Price $29,999 5 listings $14,900 $16,600 $18,300 $20,000 $21,700 $23,400 $25,100 $26,800 $28,500 The quality really is superb. Search from 6 Used MAZDA CX-3 cars for sale, including a 2016 MAZDA CX-3 Grand Touring, a 2017 MAZDA CX-3 Grand Touring, and a 2017 MAZDA CX-3 Touring ranging in price from $18,217 to $23,998. Its sales may be closer to those of the Fiat 500X or the Mini Countryman than Honda's high-volume HR-V, but it's reasonably priced and much more capable for the usual tasks of hauling people and a whole lot of stuff. to drive dynamics. Another rival worth trying is the venerable Nissan Juke, which is the quickest of the bunch in a straight line but has comparatively little interior space. The ride is comfy and fuel mileage matches the CX-3 at the top of the class, but with only 141 hp and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) it's hardly a speed demon. Our phone paired immediately, though, so the Bluetooth connectivity works well. Commercial use, including advertising, marketing, and merchandising, is strictly prohibited. We also quite liked the GT model's suede seat inserts, which are soft and grippy. Click here to see more 2016 Mazda CX-3 Maxx FWD diesel auto pricing and spec info. The top-level Grand Touring adds navigation, satellite radio, leather seats with suede inserts, 18-inch alloy wheels, sunroof, LED head- and taillights and steering wheel paddle shifters. While you can shift those models using the alternate gate on the gear lever, we missed paddles for spirited drivingand we'd suggest that Mazda consider making them optional.). All models get standard Mazda Connect infotainment with a 7.0-inch touchscreen and backup camera, Bluetooth streaming audio and phone connectivity, air conditioning, cruise control, power windows and locks, tilt/telescoping steering wheel with wheel-mounted controls, and keyless ignition. Ease of use, good performance, and comfortable. MSRP excludes tax, title, license fees and $920 destination charge (Alaska $965). And I noticed the other day that the silver logo in the middle of the steering wheel is flaking off as well. The new 2.0-liter Skyactiv-G inline-4 is a welcome companion, whatever sort of driving youre doing. The Honda Accord makes the top tier for safety. If you like power-adjustable seats you're out of luck with the CX-3. The boot swallows 264 litres (just eight litres bigger than the dinky Mazda2) but does expand to 1174 when you flop both sections of the split-fold seats forward. WebTrueCar has 39 used 2016 Mazda CX-9 models for sale nationwide, including a 2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD and a 2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature AWD. Free shipping on many items SHORT ENGINE MAZDA SH01 SHY1 FOR MAZDA 6 3 SERIES CX-5 CX-7 2.2 LTR DIESEL 12-16. In Edmunds brake testing, a front-wheel-drive CX-3 Grand Touring stopped from 60 mph in 121 feet, a slightly shorter than average distance for the class. 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg. That should put it a few grand more than a Mazda 3, and a couple grand less than the HR-V and the larger CX-5. RELATED: Mazda Diesel Still On Tap, But Performance Must Be Suitable, Exec Says. How User-Friendly Are the Controls? The 2016 Mazda CX-3 gets 29 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway. Plan ahead, leave room and give it full throttle. The front seats are THE most comfortable seats I have ever experienced, and I can drive for 10 hours without the usual resulting backaches, neck stiffness, and sore rear end, etc., that I have always gotten from every other car I have ever owned. Storage Space, Cupholders, Console Controls. The Mazda is an extremely pretty car. New vehicle segments dont come around often. The Grand Touring's 215/50R18 all-season tires offer reasonable grip, and the CX-3 was stable and confident during our panic-stop tests. 2016 Mazda CX-3 That engine's U.S. launch has been repeatedly delayed because, Mazda claims, it doesn't meet the company's performance expectations. For a small car the ride is very good, it is firm, but that is what makes it such a great handling car. A fully optioned CX-3 can easily get you to $30,000 however. Stock photography by. Everything about that seat is ergonomically perfect. Despite the angle of the tailgate, cargo volume is a tolerable 12.4 cubic feet with the rear seat up and 44.5 cubic feet with the seat back folded down (which is how we expect many CX-3s to spend much of their time). Good radio convenient back lift. There is an inevitable compromise to pay though, for those subcompact proportions. You can get more for your money with the Mazda 3 which is a couple grand cheaper, has a bigger rear-seat area and more cargo room, plus the availability of a larger engine and a manual transmission. The steering wheel is modern and simple despite the wheel-mounted buttons, and instrument panel and dash look good. Superior car. We averaged 6.1L/100km in purely city driving. Around town the brakes deliver a feel that's firm enough to let you know they have some power, but soft enough so you can modulate the brake pedal for perfectly smooth stops. We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. What Kind of Mileage Does It Deliver? There's every reason to go for the all-wheel-drive option with the 2016 Mazda CX-3--otherwise, you might want to look hard at the Mazda 3 hatchback for similar price, a bit more space, and even better handling. The overall effect is a sporty, athletic look, and one of lightness and elegance that is not common to the crossover segment, especially the sub-compact arena. I've owned the car for about a month and so far I love it. I saw the CX-3 on the road and loved the styling. New Welcome to the new-look Trade Me Learn more Tell us what you think The CX-3 Touring adds a 6-speaker audio system, heated exterior mirrors, moonroof, mirror-mounted turn-signal lights and center armrest. Find aused certified pre-owned Mazdafor sale. The 18-inch wheels and lower-profile tires on the Touring and Grand Touring models improve steering feel a tick, but at the cost of a bit more road noise, especially over rough surfaces, and they also bring a bit more stiffness to the overall ride. All told, it's one of the nicest and most fun-to-drive vehicles in its class. Anyone putting any appreciable weight on it is going to break it. It can feel a bit stiff-legged over the rough stuff, for sure, and it struggles with big bumps, thanks to the short wheelbase. The Honda HR-V took a page out of the Fit's engineering handbook, with the best-designed interior in terms of usability, especially the rear-seat area. If you really don't need to carry four adults very regularly, then this is a really appealing companion. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration offers independent analysis. While many SUVs are slab-sided, the CX-3 offers highly sculpted fenders and doors that convey movement. Shop Edmunds' car, SUV, and truck listings It also features available all-wheel drive, Mazda's trademark sporty handling and a stylish, well-equipped cabin with a standard touchscreen interface. I have too many trips to the gas station compared to previous cars I've owned. Plus navigation, BOSE premium audio, automatic climate control, Active Driving Display, paddle shifters, driver- and front-passenger seat heaters and rear cargo cover. The all-season tires are also quiet, giving less "thumping" over road imperfections than most. At an EPA-rated 31 mpg combined (29 city/35 highway), the front-drive CX-3 does deliver superior city mileage (by 1 whole mpg) over the Honda HR-V, although the combined and highway ratings are otherwise identical between the two. (Whether that purpose is commuting efficiently to and from work in the city, keeping your family safe, making you feel like youve made it to the top or that youre on your way or making you feel like youve finally found just the right partner for your lifestyle.). 2023 Carsguide Autotrader Media Solutions Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. The CX-3 Sport base model is priced just below $21,000 when a mandatory $880 delivery fee is included. I started researching and read the really good reviews on Consumer Reports and other various you tube reviews. Thanks to additional funding from Vingroup's chairman and founder, as well as from Vingroup itself, Vinfast will likely be able to keep moving fasttoward making EVs in the U.S. 2023 MH Sub I, LLC. According to Mazda designer Ken Saward, the goal of the CX-3s exterior is to be a car that is genuinely beautiful while practical. This led to a small coupe-like cabin and a long hood. })(window, document, 'script', 'dataLayer', 'GTM-M73XHX4'); While U.S. buyers continue waiting for a promised diesel version of the Mazda 6 sedan, Mazda is set to unveil another diesel model for other markets. The 50-49 vote rescinds stricter standards for emissions from heavy-duty trucksalthough a veto could revive their implementation. used and CPO 2016 CX-3S listed for sale in your area, with list The Maxx is carried along by a 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel producing 77kW and 270Nm. Rear headroom isn't bad considering how small the CX-3 is, but the car feels narrow in back and the high beltline and thick pillars make for a claustrophobic feeling. friendly and ergonomic. Easy on gas gas. The screen is operated via a control knob on the center console, but many functions require more steps than should be necessary. The NHSTA safety scores were just released and it scored the highest 5 Star rating. Thats good news, and the fact that the engine is backed by a real, live gear-changing automatic transmission is the even better news. The compression-ignition engines are globally most popular in Europe, where they make up roughly half of all new-car sales in the European Union. The Bose System sounds great, the navigation, bluetooth and infotainment system are really easy to use. That's not a terribly easy question to answer unless you're looking at the 2016 Mazda CX-3. Safer and more sophisticated Highlighting the changes for the 2018 CX-3 is the inclusion of Mazdas Smart [], Reliable and spunky but limited space in areas, Most Comfortable car with annoying details, Provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2018 Mazda CX-3 gets G-Vectoring Control, Smart City Brake Support. Our Ceramic white Maxx front-wheel-drive diesel auto comes in at a middle-of-the-range $26,790. Opt for the top-of-the-line Grand Touring model and you get all of the Tourings features, plus LED headlights with adaptive lighting, LED fog lights, LED taillights, a HUD display, leather seats with suede inserts, heated front seats, Bose audio with seven speakers, satellite radio, navigation, automatic climate control, and paddle shifters. change gears. And it's fun to drivewhich can't be said of the Honda or the Chevy. Plus, the raised rear-seat height means you have to duck your head as you hop in, and it's easy to brush a leg on the rear wheel well. new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0], The feds gave the CX-3 a four-star rating in rollover testing. Confutable seats. Engine sizes and transmissions vary from the SUV 1.5L 6 SP Automatic to the SUV 2.0L Subcompact crossovers haven't been around for very long, but there's already a critical mass of competitors for the CX-3 to check out. new car every three years or so. The Mazda is really good to drive, though. The CX-3 offers the choice of three engines two petrols and one diesel. Fuel usage has been amazing, with the average fuel use at 6.2L/100km, which is only 0.2L more than my diesel Mazda 3! Overall, the interior look and quality look far pricier than a base price around $21,000 might lead you to expect. Did we mention it looks like a frog? WebNow you can get full instructional details to help operate your CX-3. Step up to the CX-3 Touring model and youll add blind-spot monitoring, rear traffic alert, six-speaker audio system, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, heated side mirrors, side-mirror turn lamps, a center arm rest, and bright interior accents. low annual miles; $18,113 $19,088. you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find It feels just as small as it looks, backed up by precise steering and thoroughly confident and agile handling manners. The doors are reasonably large, but the entryway is small. IIHS testing hasn't yet been completed. The interior in great shape super clean. Here's what to look out for and buy smart, Get to know the personalities behind the team every week, The most interesting hints of what's to come. The 2016 Mazda CX-3 is the brand's entry into the booming subcompact crossover field, and it will also be the next Mazda to forgo spark plugs. That steering feels natural, whether making a turn into the grocery store or carving a line through a sweeping highway on-ramp. Yeah, you can put things in there, never to be able to get to them again, unless the car door is open, and you are squatting on the ground trying to jam your arm back in the recesses to reach what has slid back there. Just about every other car on the road ensures that start/stop is something you dont have to think about, so this seems an unusual oversight for a clever brand like Mazda. Mazda says the CX-3 will start "in the low $20Ks" when it goes on sale late this summer. WebCX-3 receives upgraded interior, updated exterior styling More safety equipment is now standard Pricing starts at $21,365 (including destination charges) The 2019 Mazda CX-3 So if you are considering this vehicle for getting you somewhere you need to be, and actually getting you there, this is a good car, but be prepared for annoying things to go with it. I get about 31 miles to the gallon overall and hasn't given me a single problem as of yet in reliability. And it happens to the best of them. No major issues. The Insurance Institute of Highway Safety uses extensive crash tests to determine car safety. Given continuing cheap gas prices and the rising fuel efficiency of SUVs of all sizes, we suspect the CX-3 will do very well. I've had the CX-3 Sport AWD for about two months and I can honestly say that it handles incredibly well. 2.0-liter inline-4146 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm146 lb-ft of torque @ 2,800 rpmEPA city/highway fuel economy: 29/35 mpg (FWD), 27/32 mpg (AWD). !function(n,e,o,r,i){if(!e){e=e||{},window.permutive=e,e.q=[],e.config=i||{},e.config.projectId=o,e.config.apiKey=r,e.config.environment=e.config.environment||"production";for(var t=["addon","identify","track","trigger","query","segment","segments","ready","on","once","user","consent"],c=0;c Quizlet Fundamentals Of Nursing Exam 1, Articles M