Pete Davidson keeps it casual in denim trench coat and sunglasses while arriving separately from girlfriend Chase Sui Wonders at Bupkis premiere in New York Meghan hits the big league! It helps foster the love of reading. You will need one per student. Get the free printable by clicking the button below. Education - This is a contributing Drupal Theme, Pete the Cat Has 4 Shoes Math Play Mat Activity, Additionalpreschool and kindergarten Pete the Cat activities, and crafts available inside our KidsSoup Resource Library, cats, dogs, and pets preschool and kindergarten activities and crafts. I hope you gets lots of new traffic! Let them create a patterned book or create their own text for more advanced writers and color the shoes to match their sentences. . This simple Pete the Cat headband requires just three things. You could also easily just print off a Pete the Cat . Rockin in My School Shoes Craftivity -You don't need a template for this one! For this Preschool STEAM activity, we were inspired by the coolest cat who like to rock in his school shoes! Back to School Activities Book Companions, Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes Book Activities, Pete The Cat: Rocking In My School Shoes FREE Activity Packet, Pete the Cat: Rocking in my School Shoes Leveled Adapted Book Unit. . My Grade 1 loves Pete the cat !! Be sure to check out all the creative Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes activities created by the other members of The Preschool Book Club Series! Gingerbread Pete Alternate Version - I'm a sucker for different versions of the Gingerbread Man, so this one just made me smile. This activity is a fun way to practice the letter sound /p/. Sep 14, 2018 - Explore Stephanie Johnson's board "Childrens Literature (Pete the Cat Activities)", followed by 1,793 people on Pinterest. Some Pete books are more widely used in the classroom than others. What are your favorite Pete the Cat activities? Your child can color some of his or her favorite characters. When he hears a groovy beat, he's full of happy in his feet. "Official" Shoe Tying Club - Want to encourage your students to be independent show tiers? You could also play this as a color bingo game (where everyone wins). Leslie, Great! Pete the Cat Craft - With some simple shapes and some tennis shoes, your students can create their own blue cat. Pete Mask - Create DIYPete the Cat masks. Grab some colorful buttons and construction paper. It also have color cards with red, blue, brown, and white . Born and raised in Sydney, Australia, she now lives with her husband and three children . SEQUENCING School Bus, Pete the Cat: Rocking in my School Shoes Book Companion (digital & printable), Back to School Book Companion Bundle (digital & printable), Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes Story Sequence, Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes coloring page (Kindergarten, First day), Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes coloring, Pete the Cat Rocking in my School Shoes Comprehension Game for Google Docs, Pete The Cat Rocking in My School Shoes coloring sheet. How to Draw Pete the Cat - Here are the steps to drawing this famous cat. Source: Frog Snails and Puppy Dog Tails Monthly Book Extension Activities. Love the Groovy Cat! This can be used in multiple ways with paints, as a coloring page, dot markerswhatever you can think of! Pete the Cat Activities Button Cards Grab some colorful buttons and construction paper. About 20 minutes to read this article. Join Pete in New York Times bestselling author James Dean's Pete the Cat picture book series as Pete has a groovy Easter adventure. After reading Pete The Cat I Love My White Shoes, this extension activity is perfect for encouraging creativity. Ask children how many shoes Pete the Cat needs. Label Pete the Cat - Cut and paste the cat parts to label Pete the cat with nose, ears, whiskers, paw and tail. Perfect for . Your students could also use playdough to make the correct number of buttons! This story is about going with the flow "cause it's all good." One of the best preschool read alouds! Rockin' Buttons Retelling - Each of your students can wear a ribbon with velcro to have their own buttons while retelling the story. There are tons of fun activities kids can do as an extension to the books they are reading or videos they watch. Here is the link http://kinderblossoms.blogspot.com/2013/09/positional-words-with-pete-cat-wheels.html, I'll be sure to add it to the list- thanks Michele! Simply fold to make this one page booklet a hit with your class. This free Pete the Cat literacy unit has everything you need to get your little learner reading, spelling, and writing, and it even includes a free color emergent reader book. Pete Saves Christmas Coloring Page - Color in Pete as he pops out of a chimney holding presents. Add some yarn or old sneaker laces, and let your child start trying. Your child can complete a printable word search, crossword puzzle, cat coloring pages, and more. Ten Frame Cards - Pop off Pete's groovy buttons from a ten frame as students practice Pete the Cat subtraction. Student cut and paste the predictable text, use a color word cue and illustrate. Play until all of the colors are face down. Love Pete the Cat so much. - Leslie. Let kids walk through the paint and print their feet on the paper while singing along to Pete's favorite song, "I Love My Shoes". Top 15 STEM Activities For Little Grinches At Christmas Time, 20 10th Grade Reading Comprehension Activities, 18 Teacher-Recommended Books for Middle School Boys, 23 Perfect Pumpkin Math Activities for Kids, 110 Stimulating Debate Topics for Middle Schoolers, Exploring Cause and Effect: 93 Compelling Essay Topics, Inspire Young Writers With 79 Descriptive Essay Topics, 120 Engaging High School Debate Topics Across Six Diverse Categories. A fun Pete the Cat activity that any child will enjoy. So I set up a painting activity with plastic strawberries similar to the shake-ball art we've done in the past. . You might even be able to fit in a tiny science lesson about how springs work. This classic Pete the Cat book is perfect for the beginning of the school year. Besides the song-like rhyme to the story, I love how it . Free shipping for many products! . How many different Petes can your children create? Mine is included in the 51 Pete the Cat Lessons and Freebies (Ten Frame Cards). Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site (Board Book for Toddlers, Children's Board Book) I have used this tour even with my 2nd graders, it is a great way to welcome new students and to remind students where to find school locations.I start by reading the book and placing note 1 inside the book. This set of resources includes skills like color identification, rhyming words, onomatopoeia and even subtraction. Use this adapted book to help your students get ready for the start of the school year and practice their rhyming and sequencing skills. The pack also inclu. Jul 19, 2020 - Explore Vicki Tanck's board "Pete the Cat: White Shoes", followed by 180 people on Pinterest. This ten frame can be used for a variety of things. Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes. Kathryn is a self-proclaimed book nerd who has a passion for natural parenting and writing. Here are resources created for specific Pete books. Running record assessment. Pigeon & Duckling Printable. Letter, Word, Sentence Sort - Give students the chance to show that they understand the difference between a letter, word and sentence with this sort. Here is a list of the current titles available that I think are a good classroom fit. "Teams" are formed by students with the same sight word and they can cheer each other on - the first team to get their sight word in the right place wins. Pete the Cat Activities for Kids From scavenger hunts to counting groovy buttons, your kids will love these Pete the Cat activities! Pete the Cat Inspired Reading & Gross Motor Game from Still Playing School. Fans of Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes, Pete the Cat This activity gets the class asking: Which shoes belong to which student? Thanks for all these ideas. Show them one of the picture cards and ask them which color it would turn the shoes. Subtraction Story Illustration - Have your students create a subtraction story with Pete's buttons popping off. Adaptive quiz and writing to go along with James Dean's "Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes. Thank you!!! You can easily make a fun number recognition and counting activity using both. Im a big fan of the first four Pete the Cat books written by Eric Litwin. Let your child put together the alphabet and create a fun picture that includes some school images and, of course, Pete himself. This handmade Pete the Cat activity could be used by Prek to 1st graders after reading the book. Addition to 12 Puzzle -Cut and reassemble this Pete the Cat puzzle with addition sums to 12. If you have children who love to dance, you will want to check out this cool cat boogie YouTube video. Pre-made digital activities. This product includes: - Written directions for each activity to lea. 94 offers from $1.49. Start a pattern and have children find the shoe that comes next. Just grab a pencil, marker, or crayon and see if your child can find the way out. 17. Pete The Cat School Tour with Craft Included. It's a great way to get them to use pictures, words and numbers to show their work. For even more fun Book extension ideas, check out the posts below as well as my Kids Book Extension Pinterest Board! Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes Class Book, Leave a Comment Filed Under: All categories, Book Activities Tagged With: Pete the Cat. If you know a child or many children whose favorite blue cat is Pete then these are perfect for you. Watch on. Kids can get their hands dirty with baking and you can read the story together while the cookies are in the oven. Here are activities and printables to go along with Pete the Cat Saves Christmas. Have students create their own mental image of the character and compare it after reading. You could also laminate a flap over top to make it a "checking" card, or have students cover the letter tiles with scrabble tiles instead! Math with your student's favorite characters!Included in Packet:Story RetellCraftivityComprehension . Thanks for sharing. Print, Copy, and Go! Draw a cat face shape freehand and add to popsicle sticks with the eyes cut out. Threading the yarn through the holes in the center of the plate is a great fine motor exercise and kids can use their giant buttons as props next time you read the story together. Then, they can then practice on their own shoe. Quizzes with auto-grading, and real-time student data. Matching Buttons - Counting 1:1 Mats - Give students the chance to practice their one-to-one counting skills using these counting cards. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Bedtime Blues Stickers -Call it a pajama day and read a full day of Pete the Cat books complete with comfy slippers and a reading of Pete the Cat and Bedtime Blues. Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand-new white shoes. I was looking for exactly this stuff. Use these resources to focus on math and literacy skills while reading the books. I can even see using this one to teach kinders how to use the classroom camera - allowing them to take a photo of the next student. With all that sloshing around, there are bound to be some colorful footprints. Marie. My students love it! Plus, they are super easy to make: Print the cards from the website, laminate them, and then hot glue a Velcro strip on the front of each shirt. By Karen Cox | Affiliate Disclosure | Filed Under: Colors, Reading & Book Activities. First, little ones will use the Shape Mats to go on a Shape Hunt! Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin and James Dean Preschoolers love to sing along with Pete's song: "I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes . Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes Activities. Mrs. Lirette will have your class tracking down Pete and following clues to visit the library, office, lunchroom, music, art, and gym. For example, after repeating "I love my white shoes" multiple times, she required a lot of modeling and cueing to change the motor plan to say, "I love my blue shoes." Encourage children to place two different color shoes on Pete. Here are the themed resources, printables and lesson plans to teach reading and language arts skills. They can put candy, fruit, veggies, and more. Listening Center Response Sheet - Your students can respond to the story Rocking in My School Shoes by illustrating the main character and setting. Its also the perfect way to get your little one interested in a back-to-school letter puzzle. The best thing about these cards is they do not need to stay on the calendar. Are your kiddos crazy over a blue cat named Pete?Mine are; and one of their favorite stories is "I Love My White Shoes". It's fascinating to watch the motor plan during these activities, because once it has the plan, it doesn't want to give it up easily. Its great when you can use multiple books to teach the same skill. Pete The Cat Sunglasses Easy word searches are so much fun! Order 1-10 Pete Puzzles - Put the numbers 1-10 in order with backgrounds of Pete the Cat to self-correct in these two 10-piece puzzles. Give it My All Writing Page - Take the message "give it my all" from Pete Saves Christmas and have students draw and write about their own example. Use these products with Pete the Cat: Do the Cool Cat Boogie or Pete the Cat: Rocking in my School Shoes! Kids love searching for Pete and following his different colored shoe prints after reading about his new school shoes or his new groovy shoes. You will need one per student. It focuses on 4 colours, white, red, blue and brown and has a fantastic song in the book. (And just a heads up that these are affiliate links). https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Sdc-Pages, This coloring sheet is perfect for students to decorate/color their own "school shoe" after reading "Pete The Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes" If you enjoy this product, be sure to check out the following:Letter Bingo, Use this resources with a Pete the Cat unit. You might not require more epoch to spend to go to the ebook initiation as skillfully as search for . We also learned all about the number 2 and the sight word 'the'. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly. I love the huge ten frame! I made these cards that can be used as a book connection activity for Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (but they can also be used as a stand alone activity, without the book ). The original Pete the Cat is a classic. / 3 Dinosaurs. Just line them up and have them count out the correct number of buttons to match each letter. If you click this link, it looks the same as the image you have here. She also works as a full-time Pre-K teacher in Georgia. I made a large (2 foot) Pete the Cat on my classroom door with on arm bent as if holding something. There are different levels of activities (some include drawing and primary other lines, and others have more lines for writing). Kathleen http://www.kidpeopleclassroom.com, Awesome to hear Kathleen - enjoy! Gain unlimited access to our KidsSoup Resource Library member site with more than 10,000 activities and resources for preschool and kindergarten. Check out this Pete The Cat Activity Packet! Pete's Magic Sunglasses Coloring Page - Color Pete riding on a skateboard wearing his magic sunglasses. Pete is learning a new dancethe Cool Cat Boogie! Letter or Sound Fluency Game - Your students will take turns "racing" to the top by naming letters or producing letter sounds when they draw a card. Problem and Solution Venn Diagram - Students can compare and contrast using the words "same" and "different" in this simple venn diagram. Compare and Contrast This cat is a great 3D version which ends up just being ultra cute. Many accents and classroom decor for a Pete the Cat Classroom Theme. 14 Alphabet Countdown Calendars: Here Comes the End of the Year! Students will retell the story by gluing pictures from the beginning, middle, and end. As a homeschooling mother of two, Kathryn understands the dynamics of a busy family life. Click to try again. Let children place any color shoes on Pete the Cat's legs. Below you will find a button to download the printables, the activity directions, and some links to more activities. Not sure if you have all of the best Pete the Cat read-aloud versions for the kindergarten? This teacher has you covered with an anchor chart idea in addition to an emergent reader, playmat set and worksheet. Cool Cat Name Writing - Recognize letters in student names and practice handwriting names with this editable worksheet. Show them one of the picture cards and ask them which color it would turn the shoes. From plot worksheets to handwriting worksheets, youre sure to find a way to bring Pete the Cat into your lessons for older elementary students. You can have them sort the shoes by color, height, laces, or no laces. Tags: Pete the Cat, classroom decor . I'd keep the rest on hand to sprinkle throughout the rest of the school year. Either laminate or use as a craft activity! Kids love learning about all the different colors on Pete's shoes. Step out in white shoes with these Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes activities. See more ideas about pete the cat, pete, pete the cats. Make a fun 'Guess Who?' the shoes belong to game. Speech therapists can send home an instruction sheet along with the book so that parents have a better understanding of how to use books for practice at home. The story of Pete and his groovy buttons can be taken to the next level with this fun counting activity that only requires a few basic supplies like foam sheets and buttons. Pete the Cat first day of school Rocking in My School Shoes activity, Welcome studentsback to school with their favorite book characters and engaging back to school activities!These back to school book companions are part of my Learning through Literature series. Kindergarten students are always looking for an excuse to get their little hands dirty. With that in mind, I designed a variety of Pete-themed activities to practice an assortment of standards.I'm featuring 2 of them on the blog today. Make a rockin' guitar craft and check out the dress up Pete activity! All you need is some colored card stock and the printable template. Though the message is clear throughtout, I love that the story ends by telling the moral of Pete's story. Plus, dont miss our favorite Chicka Chicka Boom Boom activities. Pete the Cat is the go-to book for many kindergarten and elementary classrooms. And no matter where he goes, Pete never stops moving and grooving and singing his song . Watch on. This can also become your go-to reference of pointing those who need help or practice in the right direction so you can keep on teaching instead of spending your day tying. She believes in teaching kinders how to be pretty incredible along with teaching them to read, write and think for themselves. Join here to get weekly emails with free printables and activities for Pre-K! This craftivity also makes an eye-catching bulletin board for your classroom!This Back to School- Pete t. Target sequencing goals and reading comprehension with this groovy sequencing school bus! As the workbook progresses, the activities become more challenging so that learners of all levels can enjoy an exciting, skill-building reading adventure. What better way to engage your child in learning than using real shoes? , You're welcome Breanne - glad you found some goodies! Paper Plate Santa Petes - Paint or color a paper plate to make your own Christmas version of Santa Pete. Shop Sticker Books HARPERCOLLIN_9780062304230 Do your students love the Pete the Cat series by Eric Litwin? Color Word Building Cards - Use these color word cards in a variety of ways. I like my {color} shoes." No matter what color your shoes or what . We have some additional resources and things you could use for your blog. He and his friends go on many adventures and help teach children valuable lessons. No worries! With a few simple supplies, kindergarten students can create this fun Pete the Cat face craft. You and the other players compete to see who can fill in their missing buttons first. Your child can write a sentence about the shoes or how much they love them. Construction Paper Headband - Simple shapes on royal blue construction paper makes the cutest Pete the cat headbands. . Our preschooler, who is an early reader, put the sentences of the song in order in our pocket chart which keeps her work in . The Pdf includes instructions for targeting /s/, /s/ blends, /sh/, /f/, /k/, final consonants, fluency, and language. , You're welcome, welcome, welcome Lorena! Don't forget to download the free character bookmarks included with this bundle.Which books do these back to schoolactivitiesgo with?This bundleincludes activities for Wemberly Worried, Pete the Cat Rocking i. It includes; Pete, the shoes (red, white, blue, and brown), strawberries, blueberries, mud, and water. - Leslie, Thanks so much for these activities my kiddos and I are pete the cat obsessed. Teach Alliteration with Pete the Cat and make a Pete the Cat paper bag craft . Read Rockin in My School Shoes to your students then use this product to organize the events in the story. So versatile, simple and lovable! " It will get stuck in your head. Thanks for sharing on Pinterest! Description: Sequence 5 items horizontally into the correct order Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes . . Pete Loves Shoes Emergent Reader - This became one of my class' first favorite emergent reader books. Your child will love these counting cards. Pete Saves Christmas Worksheets - If your class likes to read the Christmas version, then these worksheets may be right up their alley. Thank you so much for compiling these awesome ideas! You'll find a link there to download it for free! Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes - Eric Litwin 2010-12-07 Don't miss the first and bestselling book in the beloved Pete the Cat series! Pete the Cat Has 4 Shoes Math Play Mat Activity What you need: Groups of 4 - Shoes Printable (Available inside our KidsSoup Resource Library) Print the Pete the Cat printables and laminate for extra strength. Pete the Cat is absolutely stylish with his four groovy buttons, and once your students make their own button bracelets, they will have the purr-fect accessory to wear. {wink} - Leslie, I just pinned a ton of new ideas! You could play it as a twist on Twister, or you could let your students free play and create their own games or activities. First Day Certificate, School Tour, Coloring Page - This schooltour was featured in my first day of school setup snapshots and many asked where it came from. Sequencing: Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes (5 steps) Add to My Activities; Send to a Friend; Download Activity T D Views 5172 Adds 244. Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes - Speech & Language WH Question Prompts, Emergency Sub Plans - 30 Grab and Go Activities, Pete the Cat- Rocking in My School Shoes Adaptive Activities, Back to School Activities for Read Alouds Bundle, Pete's rocking in my School Shoes PreK Writing Activity, Pete the Cat: Rocking in my School Shoes Speech/Language/Fluency Activities, Back to School- Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes Bulletin Board Idea, Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes! . Wed love to see it! Hes pretty much a household name and a staple in elementary classrooms and libraries. Pete the Cat Busy Bag from the Pleasantest Thing. Pete is all about his shoes, and this activity will help your students learn how to tie their own shoes. As a class or in small groups, look through the book and write a list of the places Pete goes in school (bus, class, library, lunch, etc. Included in this Bundle Cool Cat Class Book - Oh, how I love making books with my entire class - especially at the beginning of the school year! Kids can count and recite throughout storytime and learn basic colors along the way too. Read more Glad you're here! Dip their hands into some blue paint and press it on white paper. Don't forget to download the free bookmarks included with this bundle.Which back-to-school books have been included?It includes activities for The Kissing Hand, Chrysanthemum, Click Clack Quack to School, Wemberly Worried, Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes, The Pigeon Has to Go to School, If You Take a Mouse to, This pack This clever and cute class book will have your whole class involved writing what else Pete could have stepped into and reading it over and over. Learn how your comment data is processed. Pete Saves Christmas Craftivity - Don't you just love the whiskers on these Christmas cats? Pete the Cat is the go-to book for many kindergarten and elementary classrooms. Leslie is the teacher behind KindergartenWorks. The puppets can have different colored shoes or have buttons stuck to them to depict the different adventures of Pete. Grab a handful of buttons to make this manipulative and easily differentiated. tomatoes) and ask What color would [tomatoes] turn your shoes? Ask the children who are holding the red shoe color cards to stand. Also, thanks for sharing my folder labels and months/colour cards! Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as he steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries, and other big messes! Learn to organize, think and teach kindergarten in smart ways. Here are the favorites I've found. Just line them up and have them count out the correct number of buttons to match each letter. Use unique giant buttons as playing pieces. It features the costumes associated with 9 different Pete the Cat books. The template for cutting and pasting is included in this freebie. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Let's organize, think and teach smart so you can make learning fun, age-appropriate and the cool thing to do. Tip: After you print these shoes, glue them to cardboard to make them more durable. Students can place letter tiles on top to build or copy the color words. Let the students decorate their own shoe and practice spelling their name at the same time. Pete the Cat Valentine's Day Craft - Add a cute pink border to Pete holding a Valentine heart to make a cute Valentine's Day is Cool craft. In Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes, Pete heads to school and explores the building from the library to the cafeteria. Pete the Cat is backand this time he's rocking in his school shoes. 'Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes' is a great story for predicting and retelling the story. 5 comprehension strategy lesson plans and student resources for Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes. Pete the Cat Rocking my School Shoes is a great back-to-school book. There are many options, like Petes white shoes or groovy buttons. Add highlights, virtual manipulatives, and more. Thanks for all the ideas. Our class used this on the first day of school this year, and we made a bulletin board outside of our room to show off our awesome school shoes! Here is an activity to complete with your Kindergarten class after a reading of Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes. This is a didactic programming about Pete the Cat story"I love my White shoes" usefull to work with kindergarden learners. Up to 70% off Big Brands. You dont need actual shoelaces for the activity; you can use yarn of any thickness or color. Have we met yet? Teaching Virtues - Free Story to Teach Determination to Young Children. Fairy Tales and Fiction provides a whole set of graphic organizers for students who are just learning to write sentences on their own. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 The Activity Mom | Trellis Framework by Mediavine. What are the best Pete books for the classroom? Source: Coloring Home Call out different buttons and then a task that kids must complete once they stand on the button.
How Many Countries Have Rotary Clubs, Doane Football Roster, Peter O'toole Children, Articles P