This direct-impingement semi-auto rifle is chambered in 5.56 NATO, and comes standard with a 16.5-inch, 1:8 twist barrel, black Mission First Tactical furniture, one 30-round magazine, a T6 aluminum Renegade forend, a triple port muzzle brake, a dust cover, and a proprietary POF-USA 3.5lb drop-in flat trigger. Anyone happy with them? Daniel Defense > BCM every day if the week and twice on Sunday. I wasn't a fan of the weight while trying to run in it in a heavy carbine course but most 308/762 carbines are 8.5lbs so not much can be done about that. (r.) QD sling swivels are in abundance throughout the Revolution, including adjacent to the M-Lok mounting points on the handguard. In every way feasible, machine cuts have been in the upper receiver to reduce weight, even in the shell deflector and forward assist. Over time, the P415 family has evolved and enlarged, and today these guns are available in rifle, pistol, and SBR versions. It was also notably lighter than the original Revolution, which weighed 7.35 pounds. There are a lot of AR rifles on the market, but few offer the quality you get from POFs 5R rifled barrels. Instructional Tools for Modern Sight Alignment Training, Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical Optic-Ready Autoloading Shotgun: First Look, .224 Valkyrie Small Precision Rifle Cartridge: Everything You Need to Know, Revic Optics BR4 Ballistic Rangefinder: Review, How to Choose the Best Scope Reticle for Your Application, Garmin Tactix 7 Pro Ballistic Solar-Powered GPS Smartwatch: First Look, The 6mm ARC Cartridge: Why the Military Needed It, SCCY DVG-1 Sub-Compact Striker-Fired Pistol: Full Review, Silencer Central Streamlined Suppressor-Purchasing Process Shakes Up Industry, Buyer Beware: Buying 'Bargain' Guns Can Be Risky, Non-Lethal Personal & Home Defense with Byrna, Range Tested: EAA Girsan Pistols & Shotguns, Patriot Ordnance Factorys P415 Edge rifles, New for 2023: Christensen Arms Modern Hunting Rifle (MHR), New for 2023: All-American RIA 5.0 Sporting Pistol, New for 2023: FN Rush 9Ti Pistol Suppressor, New Big Bore Pistols for 2023: FN 510 Tactical and FN 545 Tactical, New for 2023: FN SCAR 15P Rifle Caliber Pistol, First Look: Taurus Raging Hunter 460 Magnum Revolver With 10.5-Inch Barrel, New-for-2023 Taurus Judge Executive Grade 410/.45 Colt Revolver, Smith & Wesson Equalizer and the Brand New M&P 5.7 Pistol. I was however slightly annoyed at how rigid the adjustable stock was. I had some extractor issues that I got sorted out after a trip back to the factory. $1257 at Guns.com Jump to Details Best Budget Option PSA AR-10 Gen 3 Complete Rifles Palmetto makes quality rifles at an affordable price. I'm personally a BCM fan because of the price point relative to the quality. Lately, theyve decided to chase down some AR purists and those whod like a rifle that isnt downright fat. The Revolution DI is simply a rifle that works. Simple in concept but challenging to execute, the E2 design is just one feature that sets POF rifles apart from their competition. I decided to complement the rifle with a basic set of Magpul irons (plastics) and a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 and hit the range. Instead of the standard 4 or 6 grooves in other barrels (which positions the bullet between corresponding lands and grooves), 5R polygonal rifling has five grooves and sloping transitions between lands and grooves within the barrel. The result is a rifle with an AR-10 punch and AR-15 weight. (havent had much of a chance to go further). One reason why end users that demand the most from their guns turn to POF is because they know these guns will last. | At the handguards front end are also top and bottom short rails for a front sight and bipod. and many more I would put in the exotic category. Unlike some rifles that claim to be ambidextrous after adding a few controls on both sides, the P415 Edge is truly suitable for both right and left-handed shooting. These enhancements are explained in detail on respective rifle pages. Here are the quick facts on the Revolution from POF-USA. Patrick Sweeney gives some history on this interesting pistol. Both are high quality rifles and capable in the hands of a proper shooter and with proper ammo, however, I continue to support POF as I have had nothing but excellent service from my rifles (including a 20" P308), as well as excellent experiences with Frank, the owner/operator of the company. The AR rifles continue to evolve, and the Revolution DI is ahead of the pack. Sep 6, 2022. This release ensures reliable extraction each time. Capacity: 30+1 For those wanting to lay their hands on the very best American made rifles on the market, Bayonet lugs are a must-have, of course, because pokey things never get old. (r.) Magpuls five-round 7.62 NATO PMag comes standard with the POF USA Revolution, and is the preferred feeding accessory for the rifle. First and foremost, when unboxing the rifle, one notices its handsome simplicity and utilitarian design. I scroll down and immediately recognize the range as the one of my home town. Bang for your buck matters for me so I go with BCM for that reason. Dr. Dabbs tells us all about the weapons used in the his personal favorite war movie, Kelly's Heroes. It was similar to a 7.62x39 mm from an AK, or halfway between a .22-250 Rem. That's interesting, I have never had an issue with cheek weld on either of my 9.25" rifles or my 18". Advertisement Its superb for hunting large and small game, but its also a great competition rifle, home defense weapon, or target gun. Better still, their new Rogue is less expensive too! What is everyones opinion of a good price. Also, if youre a southpaw, opt for the plus as it has all the necessary accoutrements for left-handed operation. SIGHTRON S6 5-30x56 ED Line of Premium Riflescopes: New for 2022, Patriot Ordnance Factorys Revolution rifle. Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. Very small diamter rail and light weight for a piston gun. Lastly, theres a tiny nylon spacer-bolt that can be adjusted to eliminate movement of the receivers when locked together. (This is a reader-submitted review as part of our gun review contest. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Called the Gen 4 Lower Receiver, this component is also of Swiss-watch quality with every exterior component having an ambidextrous counterpart. and .300 Norma Mag., and while Im not recoil sensitive, I still figured the Revolution would feel like a .308 Win. David Fortier is with CEO of Silencer Central Brandon Maddox at Roundtable 2022. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Love the trigger on it. Now, POF-USA is back and they have reduced the weight to an ultralight 5.9 pounds with their new .308 Win Rogue. I imagine the rifle is capable of sub MOA in the hands of a more proficient shooter and per their lauded reputation for reliability, I ran steel, brass and a variety of bullet weights through the 1/8 twist barrel. This will limit your stock selection and increase your overall cost on an already pricey rifle. I agree. Caliber: 5.56mm I have nothing but good things to say about POF. ball, which was no surprise. I have dealt directly with Cody and John and they have been great. For a duty rifle I don't think that you would go wrong with a DD or BCM. If you don't mnd would you pm me the military pricing, I might have to pickup a mod 2 or lpr if its that good. (l.) Mission First Tacticals Engage grip offers solid purchase. After having to dissasemble and rod-clear my DPMS pattern upper 5 different times I finally got smart and did a search and found the various forum posts on issues with newer batches. The Judge has been promoted! Revolution DI rifles come with POFs Key-Lock DI 5.56 bolt carrier group. (l.) Mission First Tacticals lightweight Minimalist stock offers a custom fit to the shoulder without adding significant heft to the rifle. Others may simply want a home-defense rifle that they shoot occasionally when its not secured. This feature alone is reason enough to purchase a POF rifle, and the system has proven itself over the years. This is more than competing adjustable gas blocks, meaning this rifle can be modified to run suppressed or unsuppressed with a broad range of ammunition. This removes a tremendous amount of work that would otherwise be left up to the extractor. The Rogue's 16.5" barrel is made from 416R stainless steel. POFs target market includes military, law enforcement, and civilians. Entry Level Pick Palmetto State Armory (PSA) Complete AR-15s Most affordable AR-15 that goes boom when needed. Also keep in mind that the Piston vs DI debate is still going strong, so you have to separate the negative BS spread by haters and listen to folks who actually own a piston system. Colt, LMT,KAC, HK, &, FN have gone through exhaustive testing as a whole system to ensure they run in all weather conditions, dry, wet, with shit ammo, with full power ammo, with a suppressor, without one, ect and still keep ticking. Stick with it, youll be glad you did. LMT brings nothing that Colt, BCM or FN does to the table. After careful review I think Im going with the KAC. The Revolution DI is available in either .308 Winchester or 6.5 Creedmoor with 16.5 or 18.5 inches with a choice of anodized black or Cerakote Burnt Bronze finishes. Scopes For Beginners: What is the Parallax Adjustment Knob and How Do I Use It. The Revolution features many 5.56 parts; such as charging handle, bolt carrier, cam pin, buffer, heat sink barrel nut, handguard, and 5-position gas piston operating system. All Rights Reserved. Its evident the Tomahawk charging handle gets its moniker from the distinctive shape, but it also enables easy ambidextrous operation. Headrest Safe a new way to secure your firearm. Neither of which . All POF firearms are warrantied to be free from defective materials and workmanship. These design elements help POF achieve a svelte 6.3 pounds of unladen weight. Well, the first selection is the chambering, and in rifle cartridges alone we can include the popular 5.56 NATO, .300 BLK, 7.62 NATO, 6.8 Rem. Magazine was decimated and the upper receiver is bowed out and cracked. The three drop-in trigger options include a curved trigger with a 4.5-pound pull, a straight trigger with a 3.5-pound pull and an enhanced finger placement . This pressure assists in extraction by breaking the seal between the chamber and case as well as pushing the spent case to the rear as the extractor is pulling to the rear. Offering eight elegant AR models, POF seems to have a liking for stand-up, patriotic names, such as Renegade, Revolt and now the Revolution. However, rather than a reference to violence, this POF USA Revolution centers on the advancement in firearms designin a nutshell, the Revolution is an AR-15-size rifle in .308 Win. The new rifle is built on an aluminum billet chassis with carbon-fiber forend and cheek riser featuring V-block bedding. This improves performance by reducing deformation on the projectile, but it also helps with cleaning because fouling is easier to remove from the sloped 5R rifling than traditional rifling with 90-degree edges. The Revolution DIs impressive feature list is rounded out with Mission First Tactical furniture, including an MFT Battlelink Minimalist Milspec adjustable buttstock with multiple sling attachment points mounted on POFs anti-tilt buffer tube. Check. All Guns and Ammo subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. However, this also allows the rifle to remain right on target. Trigger: MISPEC Shoots lights out with the 73gr Black Hills and also 77gr Hornady. The nitride heat-treated carrier and stainless steel gas key are regarded as among the industry's best. The new 9mm suppressor can mount easily to any pistol barrel threaded x28 inches and doesn't compromise on sound suppression, gas blowback or recoil. Because of the POF USA Revolutions Triple Port muzzle brake, the rifles felt recoil was difficult to compare. We often hear about the average self-defense scenario, but the truth is every encounter is unique. Unless you want a jaw weld, you'll need extra low BUIS and optics mounts. Fit and finish is absolutely outstanding as one should expect from a $1499 MSRP rifle. Joe Kurtenbach and Caleb Giddings also look at the first-ever optics-ready carry revolvers with the new Taurus 605 and 856 T.O.R.O. With M-LOK attachment points at the e, 6, and 9 oclock positions, this handguard offers all the real estate youll need for attaching your favorite accessories. However, we're excited to see that POF-USA is expanding its firearms catalog. The top rail is an integral part of the POF monolithic handguard held to the upper receiver by three hex bolts. I believe it is MagTech CBC 7.62 x 51 NATO. That being said the Renegade is amazingly soft-shooting, and easy to keep on target. They have been reliable and good shooters. The company makes exceptionally accurate, expensive, and outfight heavy battle rifles for the most demanding of end users. Sounds like your cheap ammo options dont have enough powder to cycle the action. It has served me well, but I have since been shooting much much more and would like to get something that can hold up to duty use. That being said you ought to be able to achieve MOA at 100 yards. I would expect the same from DD. In fact, they are probably a step down due to lack of gas system and barrel profile choices. BCM builds guns the right way using the right parts and talented assemblers. A Mission First TacticalEngage pistol gripis standard, as is POFs 4.5-pound single-stage match trigger. To compete in todays crowded AR markets, rifles must be equipped with forends that offer plenty of mounting space for accessory options like lights, bipods, vertical grips, and more. The gas key is held with a staked screw and dovetailed to the carrier. at almost half the price .. Both are quality rifles. Think again. I never understand why on $1500 plus Ar-15s companies cannot spend five minutes polishing the trigger so the trigger is at least usable. And that makes it a rifle with a bright future. There are a lot of AR rifles on the market, and its very difficult for one brand to stand out from the crowd. Would you do it again? Like any LMT firearm, the New Zealand Reference Rifle is extremely well made. The company is known for their piston-driven rifles, and the POF Revolution really did revolutionize the .308 AR market by having a gun that was essentially 5.56mm size except for the magazine well, bolt . I had a bad bolt in one of my DDs, never had an problems whatsoever in any BCM I've owned or any of my friends rifles. Its simple to make fast, accurate gas system adjustments on this rifle. Nothing imported. You must log in or register to reply here. Though the concept is simple POFs engineers have worked to perfect the channel design so that just the right amount of gas moves rearward. If you want to swap triggers its an easy operation, but odds are youll like what you get with this gun. Just wondering if you experienced anything like this or had any advice for me. Shooters assume that all black guns are rigid, but that's not necessarily true. Collapsed length is just 34 inches, making this rifle very maneuverable. Mounting a Vortex Razor HD Gen 3 1-1024 scope(won this scope from Euro Optics 2020 vision contest). The ejection port measures about 3.15 inches long by .50-inch wide to handle .308-caliber cartridges and its bottom is widened to accept the feed lips of a Magpul Gen3 .308 Win. What guarantees a quality product is commitment to premium performance, even in the worst conditions. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. It has an amazing design with the extra large heat sink, the roller on the bolt, piston operated etc. Thinking of picking up two POF rifles upon return from a deployment. I ended up selling it for a massive profit during the madness last year, wish I had hung on to it. In this modern rendition Attorney General Healys vendetta against the AR platform makes for a good time to not reside in Massachusetts if you have any affinity for the shooting sports and intent to remain felony free. What about the MRP? Weight: 7.3lbs/3.31kg. head size, seven-lug bolt, massive extractor and roller- cam pin, all of which are finished in super slippery NP3 for the utmost in smooth operation. Another key feature that makes these guns shoot so well is the single stage drop-in trigger. impingement rifles. I have old batches and new batches of Magtech 7.6251 and the older batches work just finethe new batches are a nightmare. It's heavy, but an accurate shooter. Shoots anything I run through it and is a lot more accurate than I expected. It really does not like to move. This rifle makes that easy. Im thinking about adding the Puritan and Renegade+ at some point. Those that are better suited to the environment always do. The reason is clear: building quality guns from premium components and incorporating cutting-edge engineering usually leads to quality products. David M. Fortier, James Tarr and Michelle Hamilton, Lauren Witt, Interdependence Public Relations. That said, if you're after a rifle that can change barrels without an upper swap, the LMT MWS is about the only choice on the market. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. Just purchased one myself and did a lot of research on it before "pulling the trigger" and they appear to be quality rifles with above average fit and finish.
Daycare Jobs Hiring 15 Year Olds Near Me, Marquette Track And Field Recruiting Standards, Articles P