What are your thoughts on cruise gratuities and service charges? The Princess website shows that drinks over $12 are charged the difference in price and not the full price of the drink. Jenni. In the case of a couple traveling on a week-long cruise, they can mean hundreds of dollars out of your pocket. Carnival Cruise Lines gratuities are also increasing in 2023. Passengers in mini-suites and club class are charged . Thanks as always for your information. Can you use your drinks package in the dining room e.g. Currently, Princess Plus packages include the Plus Beverage Package, single-device Wi-Fi plan ($15 daily value) and daily crew appreciation. Lower tier cabins see lower costs while more expensive rooms also have higher gratuities. Lines that currently package gratuities in their cruise fares include Silversea, Seabourn, Regent Seven Seas, Virgin Voyages, Azamara, and Scenic, the latter even including tips for onshore tour guides and drivers. Yes, in the Premier package Champagne is included, but not the Plus package. $16 per guest in Interior, Oceanview and Balcony, $17 per guests in Mini-Suite and Club Class. . It gives passengers prepaid gratuities (Princess calls these "crew appreciation" fees), a single-device Wi-Fi plan and a basic beverage package for a single bundled price of $60 per person, per day. This is my first Princess cruise, normally we are on Royal Caribbean when does not have this limit. Complimentary Medallion shipping to a guests home or office will continue for those purchasing the lines inclusive Princess Plus or Princess Premier packages. After that point, the package becomes non-refundable. And the same applies with the Premier Package. Guests are usually charged automatically for these additional fees. The 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season is Here: What Cruisers Need to Know. Me & the wife are going to cruise on the Princess plus fare. Is it 6am as advertised, or 12am midnight? Your email address will not be published. includes most alcoholic drinks below $12. The Premier Beverage Package includes all drinks priced up to $20 each: The Plus Beverage Package will get you a 25% discount on: Bottles of wine, one-litre bottles of water, cans of soda and bottles of juice. The Service Charge amount is based upon the service/product purchased and is applied as follows: * Service Charge payments for spa services are not pooled for the fleet. While gratuities are part of the cruise fare on some luxury lines, cruisers should plan to pay the following fees on the majority of major cruise lines. If you're wondering who gets these daily gratuities, it's broken down between three positions in the rotational dining rooms -- the head server, assister server and server -- along with the steward that cleans and services your room. Save up to 50% on. Bar service charges are included in this package. It is truly designed for those who prefer top shelf alcohol. With staffing problems sitting near the top of the list of challenges, increasing overall compensation is a logical move. These packages tend to include items such as Wi-fi, specialty dining, alcohol, and more. There is no set time limit between ordering drinks, but a discretionary time interval may apply. The Premier Beverage Package is part of Princess Premier. It includes, a premium selection of beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $20 USD / $30 AUD. The new crew appreciation prices are as follows: An 18% Bar Service Charge is automatically added to bar charges and Dining Room wine purchases. With the increase in costs of Princess Plus and Premium packages, Princess Cruise Line is also increasing the mandatory gratuities for staff. Jenni. The package includes the additional benefit of a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one-liter bottles of water and bottled juices. If a Guest does not elect to prepay the service charge it will be payable onboard the cruise. You might be offered an option to 'pre-pay gratuities' but this is a standard option available throughout the fleet. Now, those who book a voyage without either of those packages on or after December 14th will be charged $10 per cabin to have them shipped. On Princess cruises from Australia and New Zealand, the Plus Beverage Package costs $110 AUD per day, inclusive of the service charge. The respective fares include their equivalent drinks packages, but are actually cheaper. Windstars All-Inclusive package that bundles Wi-Fi, drinks, and tips rose by $10. Hope that helps. This means that no extra tips are required at the bars on board. There is no limit to the number of non-alcoholic drinks that you can have per day. The Princess Cruises Plus Beverage Package includes drinks priced at up to $15. What is the cost of a glass of milk? While you have your cruise fare and then any extras like drinks, specialty restaurants, gambling and shore excursions, you also have a daily fee that goes to the crew as a thank you for the service they provide. 50 spirits, 40 wines by the glass and cocktails to choose from. Jenni. Currently, the gratuity is $16.50 per guest for suites and $15.50 per guest for mini-suites. If you buy a Princess Cruises drink package, you must buy it for every day of your cruise. Princess offers up to $250 free onboard spending money to be used on a variety of onboard purchases as a way to thank the brave men and women of the Australian and New Zealand Defence Force for their service. If youre considering buying the alcoholic drinks package on your cruise, dont. Ive corrected it now. June 1, 2022. Ive worked in the cruise industry since 2015 and now my blog helps over a million people to plan their cruises each month. Declare what is the breakdown of each type of workers pay rate.? The crewmembers eligible to receive these funds work in various departments, many of whom rotate among different ships, throughout our fleet of ships. Over the course of a week-long cruise, that would be a total of $224. Though, guests will not pay gratuity for drinks that are part of the complimentary classic beverage package. The previous amounts were $13.99 per person per day for Standard Staterooms, and $15.99 per person, per day for suites. The Princess Cruises drink package can be used on Princess Cruises private island, Princess Cays, which is located in the Bahamas. Whether or not the Princess Cruises drinks package, or the Plus or Premier cruise package, is worth it depends on how many drinks you plan to drink each day. Similar to Celebrity Cruises, Princess cruises offers more all-inclusive packages that include crew appreciation. Sharing of drinks packages is forbidden on Princess cruises. A nonrefundable Service Charge of 17% - 18% of purchase will be automatically added to optional purchases of beverage packages, drinks, dining room and specialty dining, private group functions, and other elected products, services or amenities provided to guests that are not included in the Cruise Fare. For all Australian-based vessels, the package is $15.33 AUD per day, which includes a service charge. If you have bad service, then that is one thing. crew appreciation gratuities and princess plus By trinitygirl, October 12, 2022 in. The best way to get a discount on your Princess Cruises package is to opt for the Princess Plus Fare which includes free drinks, free wifi and free pre-paid gratuities. Drinks arent included as standard with Princess Cruises. Travel Codex is owned by Travel Codex, LLC. This same fee applies to Viking Expedition as well. Carnival's daily gratuity goes from $14.50 to $16.00 for standard cabins, and from $16.50 to $18.00 for suites. The pooled funds are distributed throughout the year in the form of compensation, including bonuses, to crewmembers fleetwide who interact directly with guests and/or behind the scenes throughout every cruise, including those in the Bar, Dining, Entertainment, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Galley and Onboard Revenue areas. #1 Posted December 12, 2022 Hi all, Just put a hold on Sydney Tokyo cruise on Royal Princess.The cruise planner said gratuities are at my discretion and that was the policy for Princess out of Australia. For those who want more, you can upgrade your cruise by including the cost of other items in a package. list of free drinks on Princess Cruises here, Princess Cruises Ships by Age: Newest to Oldest, Fountain sodas and Coke Freestyle machines, One litre bottles of water (except when dining at speciality restaurants). This may reduce the overall amount that you spend on drinks during your cruise. The full charge is calculated and then you can call the cruise line or pay via your online account up to two days before your trip. Hi For instance on embarkment day, can I use my Medallion to order a drink as I am walking to my room for the first time? I have updated my guide accordingly. And these charges can add up. While Princess doesnt lay out the specifics regarding who gets how much of the crew appreciation, the cruise line does offer some glimpse into where your money goes on its website: All of the Crew Appreciation and Service Charge payments made by all guests on all ships in our fleet are pooled, net of credit card transaction fees. Hi, I'm Jenni. From time to time, Princess Cruises used to offer free drinks packages as a booking incentive. You may buy a drink package for only one person if you wish. Tip Amount: Above & Beyond Exceptional Service - $7.50 - 9.00 per person per day. Guests who make a reservation on or . If you live elsewhere in the world, you may not always be able to upgrade after booking, but its certainly worth asking. For cruises between Australia/New Zealand, China, Europe and Singapore ports, the drinking age is 18. Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Line (as well as their sister lines) recently increased their gratuity amounts for 2023. Your email address will not be published. Room service has an extra charge. Can I just check that the princess plus drinks package can still be used in speciality restaurants such as Salty dog gastro pub and the crown grill etc? This fee will be added to your stateroom account once onboard the ship. Thats pretty much the same cost as the USD price with the service charge included. You save $5 per day if you choose the Premier Cruise package, vs. just buying the Premier Beverage package. Princess Cruises crew appreciation gratuities and princess plus crew appreciation gratuities and princess plus By trinitygirl, October 12, 2022 in Princess Cruises trinitygirl 408 April 5, 2009 Melbourne, Australia #1 Posted October 12, 2022 Hi everyone, just hoping for clarification. In fact, Princess Cruises pricing gets really confusing when you compare the drinks packages and the special fares. 9 Expert Tips for Getting a Cruise Cabin Upgrade, Carnival Cruise Line Announces More Cruise Directors, Carnival Cruise Line Opts into CDC Cruise Program, Disney Cruise Line Announces 2023 Itineraries, How to Cruise for Cheap: Top Tips and Advice, Complete Guide to Drink Packages on Celebrity Cruises (2023), Everything You Need to Know About Norwegian's Free at Sea in 2023, Complete Guide to Princess Cruises Drink Packages, Complete Guide to Drink Packages on Carnival (2023), Complete Guide to Drink Packages on MSC Cruises, $16 per person, per day for guests in non-suites staterooms, $18.50 per person, per day for guests in suites, $25 for guests staying in the Haven and Suites, $20 for all other staterooms, Club Balcony Suites and below, $20 per person per day for The Haven and Suites, $18 per person per day for Club Balcony Suite, $16 per person per day for all other stateroom types, Standard Staterooms: $14.50 per person, per day, Suite Staterooms: $16.50 per person, per day, Standard Staterooms: $16 per person, per day, Suite Staterooms: $18 per person, per day, $17.50 per person, per day for Inside, Ocean View, and Veranda staterooms, $18 per person, per day for Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms, $21 per person, per day for guests of The Retreat, $16 per guest, per day for non-suite stateroom guests, $17.50 per guest, per day for suite guests, The charge for adults 12 and over is $14.50, For children 2-12 years old, the charge is $7.50, For kids under 2 years old, there is no charge, For guests in standard staterooms, gratuities are $18 per guest, per day, For guests in Penthouse, Oceania, Vista, or Owners Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities are $23 per guest, per day. With homeporting in San Francisco California, West Coast 2022-2023 season is based on roundtrips to Mexico, Hawaii, and California Coast ports. A $14.50 cruise gratuity is charged for guests (including children) staying in all other staterooms. This is on top of the cruise gratuity charges. Shes been on 10 cruises and counting, and her favorite onboard activities include trying out the water slides, spending time in the spas thermal suite, eating lots of food, and attending the love & marriage show. Princess Cruises offers five drinks packages two with alcohol, one for non-alcoholic drinks, one just for soda and one just for speciality coffee. These new prices are as follows: $17.50 per person, per day for Inside, Ocean View, and Veranda staterooms . Be the first to rate this post. Celebrity Cruises has also increased the price on cruise gratuities for sailings on or after October 17, 2022. The picture provided by princess for the premium drinks package is wrong/misleading though as it shows a can of coke and cans of soda are not included from your description. By proceeding, you agree to Cruise Critics. Yes, you can. If it applies to the whole wine list, having a 25% discount is a lovely addition to have while cruising. Are you ready to embark on your journey to sea the world, one port at a time? departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand will be charged in AUD vs USD. Hi Gregg. This includes wine by the glass, fountain sodas, fresh juices and more. The All Included cruise fare now incorporates some basic amenities to provide a more all-inclusive feel. So, if you order a $16 drink, you will be charged an extra $1. Medallions will still be free to pick up at the port on embarkation day. Jenni. The Princess Cruises Coffee & Soda Package costs $12.99 USD per person, per day, plus an 18% service charge. READ NEXT: Carnival Guests Tacky Request Leaves a Bad Taste in Our Mouths. First, you can prepay the gratuity before you sail. Editor in Chief These charges serve as a means to reward the hard-working crew for the excellent service provided during your cruise vacation. To do that, you can call the travel agent that you booked with, or if you booked directly with Princess Cruises you can call them on 0344 338 8663. Not everyone will indulge in a specialty dessert or take a gym class. In March 2023, Royal Princess cruises on 16-to 18-day Australia to Asia relocation itineraries (from Sydney to Hong Kong). Jenni. Princess Premiers new cost will be $80 per day per guest. Oceania is not the only premium line that increased gratuities, but others have been more subtle about announcing the change. Princess Cruises offers three fares Princess Fare, Princess Plus and Princess Premier. Unless. The easiest way to calculate whether you should buy a drinks package or choose the Princess Plus or Premier fare is to use my drinks package calculator tool. However, Princess Cruises offer drink packages which you can add to your cruise as well as special fares that include drinks, wifi, tips and other extras. 3 in a room, 2 adults with premier plus. The total cost of the drink package is $76.69 USD per day for all cruises except for Australian itineraries. Bar service charges are included in this package. Can I Adjust the Gratuity if I Bought a Princess Plus/Premier Package? No matter which cruise line you sail, crew gratuities also known as service charges or crew appreciation are a fact of life. This site does not include all card companies or credit card offers available in the marketplace. (Photo via Princess Cruises.) An 18% gratuity is automatically added to bar, beverage, wine, and deck service tabs. In September, Royal Caribbean increased its gratuities for guests in non-suite staterooms to $16 per person, per day. However, these charges can be modified or removed by guests while on the ship in the event that they did not receive satisfactory service. Those who reserve their vacation before Dec 14, 2022 are exempt from the increases and can lock in the best rates. I note that if you have the Premium Package you also get a 25% discount off wine bottles. Seems to me the very people who have paid a lot of money for a cruise are digging into their pockets again to pay staff appropriately. Cost for a seven-day cruise per person: $82.53 USD. Last week, Princess also announced changes to the Plus and Premier packages, rolling out on voyages starting February 20th. Premium sister brand Celebrity Cruises followed suit in October, raising gratuities to $17.50 for inside, oceanview, and balcony cabins, $18 for Concierge and Aqua Class staterooms, and $21 for suite guests in The Retreat. A tax may be added for certain itineraries. I dont want to incur charges on the last evening unwittingly. Its the highest category of drinks. Thank you! Welcome Aboard! to wi-fi is an additional cost. If youre wondering how this makes sense, I wish I could tell you! You can just buy drinks as you go. Princess Cruises gratuities are automatically added to passenger accounts. I'm guessing your intent isn't to reduce the gratuities that crew members receive, but the net effect would be the same. Unlimited fitness classes created under our new partnership with Xponential Fitness, Inc. All Contents Copyright 2022 Cruise Radio, Inc. | Website Designed by Insider Perks, Inc. Get the real facts delivered straight to your inbox, with trustworthy cruise related news. Gratuities may generally be prepaid during booking. Especially on port days. How to Choose Your Amtrak Sleeping Accommodations, 10 Things You Should Not Pack for a Cruise, Ten Essential Items I Always Pack For a Cruise, Complete Guide: What to Pack for a Cruise Plus Printable Checklist, Amtrak California Zephyr Train Three Days Across America, Complete and updated list of major cruise lines gratuities, Another Cruise Line Set to Increase Gratuities. So a family of four in a balcony cabin will see a charge of $64 ($16 x 4) each day. In addition, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, the new Juice Bar, plus fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, frappes at Coffee & Cones, milkshakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks. Required fields are marked *. Thanks for the article very useful. Thanks but what do you think is the best option to take when we are taking grandkids of 14 & 15 with us for a week we have 2 cabins 1 adult & 1 teenager in each so we seem to have to pay$30 each? and let me help book your next vacation. These fees will then be added into your total cruise fare and covered with your final payment. Shame on you cruise lines. If an Australian or NZ'er books a cruise direct through Princess or with an Aussie TA, the gratuities are included in the fare. Advertiser Disclosure: Some links to credit cards and other products on this website will earn an affiliate commission. On Princess Cruises, the crew appreciation will cost more for voyages departing after February 20, 2023. When you book your cruise, youll be able to choose whether you want the standard fare, the Princess Plus fare or the new Princess Premier fare. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I enjoyed reading your articles I think you have great details in them. You can simply head down to Guest Services to explain the situation and have the gratuity amount changed or removed. The total cost of the drink package is $100.29 USD per day for all cruises except for Australian itineraries. Great site, Hi Bruce, great question! The Premier Beverage package doesnt include: The Zero-Alcohol Drink Package will get you a 25% discount on: Bottles of water, cans of soda and bottles of juice. How can I stop my medallion getting maxed out. If you are going to take a Princess Cruise soon, or any cruise, please reach out to me at, and let me help book your next vacation. The recommended daily gratuity for each of these positions has been increased by $.25 per passenger, per day. The drink itself will be included in your package. Guests will pay $17 per guest per day if they stay in a. The exact charge for these cruise gratuities do vary by cruise line and by stateroom category. Jenni, H Jenni, youve just mentioned wine & Prosecco would be included by the glass with Princess Premier but not champagne as its over the $12 per drink limit, but the premier package allows up to $18 per glass? These will have an extra charge. This Princess Cruise drink package includes beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails up to $15 USD / $22 AUD. Are you able to change it? Yes, you can use it in all of the venues on board. Ah yes, thanks so much for spotting that! In short, the two alcoholic drinks packages are never worth buying. The current Princess Plus package is a value of $95 per day. Effective Dec 14, 2022 daily appreciation will increase by $2.50 for all guests in all cabins. This fee is $17 per guest, per day for suite guests. Jenni. On Princess cruises from Australia and New Zealand, the Classic Soda Package costs $20.68 AUD per day, inclusive of the service charge. Again, this is on top of the daily service charges. Many thanks Ron. 107 Best Cruise Tips, Tricks, Secrets, and Freebies March 12, 2023. all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, the new Juice Bar, plus fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, frappes at Coffee & Cones, milkshakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks. Currently, the single-device plan costs $10. Tip: You can choose the Princess Plus for adults and the standard fare for children. .css-hghiur{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;font-weight:var(--chakra-fontWeights-medium);border-bottom-width:1px;border-bottom-style:dotted;cursor:pointer;color:var(--chakra-colors-blue-base);border-color:var(--chakra-colors-blue-base);}.css-hghiur:focus-visible,.css-hghiur[data-focus-visible]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}.css-hghiur:hover,.css-hghiur[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;border-bottom-width:1px;border-bottom-style:solid;}Royal Caribbean increased the daily per person gratuity rate for its passengers in September 2022. You get them included with the Plus or Premier cruise fares, along with other extras, but those special fares are cheaper than buying the drinks packages alone! Add-ons new to the packages include premium desserts, juices, free pre-cruise Medallion shipping, and fitness classes. Princess is the latest cruise line to increase its onboard fees. I had to get an in-cabin 6 cans for the price of one package instead. Featured Princess Cruise Deals. Does anyone know what drinks are include in the Fountain Sodas? You can keep up with her on Instagram at @IAmSarahJaneB. Current Prince Plus Package Pricing. Or theres a soda package that may be good for teenagers. Bar service charges are included in this package. Learn to how to find the cheapest awards. Are There Other Places to Tip? For Bahamas and Caribbean sailings with MSC Cruises, cruise gratuities are as follows: A 15% Bar Service Charge also applies to all purchases on MSC Cruises as well. The gratuities for other destinations do vary. For those who purchase Princess Plus or Princess Standard, there are no additional staff appreciation charges. The Princess Cruises Zero-Alcohol Package costs $39.99 USD per person, per day, plus an 18% service charge. I will be back! However, Viking River service charges do vary by destination. For all sailings departing prior to February 1, 2023 as well as the 2023 Grand World Voyage and the 2023 Grand South America Antarctica Voyage, the daily Hotel Service Charge is $15.50 perguest, per day for non-suite staterooms. Those with existing bookings will be able to pre-pay the gratuities for their cruise at the current rate until December 13, 2022. This is the first time Princess has raised its daily gratuities since 2016, when . As of September 7th, 2022, the gratuities on Royal Caribbean ships are: This fee is applied to each guests SeaPass account on a daily basis. This method is meant to be more equitable across all staff. But bear in mind theyre due to increase. With the All Included pricing, guests receive tips, basic Wi-Fi, and the Classic Drink Package as part of their cruise fare. Free shipping (U.S. only) of Medallions to your clients door prior to their cruise. As the chart says, beginning on February 20, 2023 the cost on Princess is moving up by $1.50 per person, per day across all cabin types. There is also a 20% service charge on all beverage purchases and all specialty restaurant dining and entertainment based dining. However, Celebrity Cruises also has a newer pricing structure. We've broken down the price increases below: Balcony Cabins and Below: $14.50 (old) to $16.00 (new) | 10.3% . It also includes many non-alcoholic drinks including bottled water, fountain soda, freshly squeezed juice, specialty coffees and teas, frappe's and milkshakes and energy drinks. How you do like to reward the onboard staff for providing you a memorable cruise vacation? Its worth pointing out that this drinks package has essentially doubled in price since 2022, when it cost $19.99 USD per day. Following a trend in the cruise industry to recoup losses and unbundle fares, the unbundling of services come at a higher cost. Is it always charged? Some consider this wage subsidization and I understand that sentiment. Guests cruising with Princess Cruises can also bring an unlimited amount of soft drinks and water in cans, bottles or cartons. Hi Alan. Edited March 23, 2022 by Aus Traveller. On Princess cruises from Australia and New Zealand, the Zero-Alcohol Package costs $65.99 AUD per day, inclusive of the service charge. on December 1, 2022 Last updated: 5:01 PM ET, Thu December 1, 2022. In the current economic climate, it would not be out of the question for any line to implement new tipping policies as the year moves forward.
Martin County Fl Sheriff Scanner Frequency, Conclusion Of French Revolution 1848, Articles P