There can be no doubt that given the extreme power imbalance between the two, as well as the dont say no culture which permeated the New York Church at that time, there was ample opportunity for Mr. Bogard to take advantage of a systemic inability for Ms. [redacted] to have meaningfully consented at the time in question, the report noted. In 2019, New York state extended the state statute of limitations for reporting second-degree rape to 20 years and third-degree rape to 10 years. For clarity, I am part of Churchome. Churchome is a multisite, megachurch led by Judah and Chelsea Smith with campuses in Seattle and Los Angeles. Lentz was fired from Hillsong in 2020. 'I'm not interested to support an organization that's willing to treat abuse the way I've seen them treat abuse. We loved our time with Jess and we know you will too. When Houston and his wife, Bobbie, announced they were pausing the Dallas campus in April 2021, they failed to mention that Bogard, 39, had been accused of rape. Crenshaw told the outlet that the treatment she received for Hillsong after coming forward with her allegations of abuse ruined her relationship with the church. The former pastor is reportedly undergoing treatment for depression, anxiety, and pastoral burnout, and Hillsong has launched an independent investigation into the culture at Hillsong NYC. They have three amazing boys Judah (11, born in Australia), Lando (7, born in NYC) and Cash (5, born in California) and their greatest desire in life is to build the Church, to help as many people as possible find Jesus, and to live out the message that as imperfect as we are as people, we can still be loved, accepted, and know that we can all come to Jesus as we are. Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com, The screen for King Charles' coronation anointing is revealed, Nihal Arthanayake reveals racist abuse he experienced in Altrincham, Historic chairs to be reused by the King for the coronation service, Women's rights activists and pro-trans campaigners separated, Hundreds of Household Division members rehearse for coronation, Cambridge students party in the park during annual celebrations, Russian freight train derails and bursts into flames after explosion, Ukraine drone strike hits major fuel depot in port Sevastopol, Monstrous tornado seen bearing down on Palm Beach, Devastating tornado picks up car and hurls it through air in Florida, Student kicked out of school for 'there are only two genders' t-shirt, Braverman: People crossing Channel are 'at odds with British values'. Trending News Shooter at Christian Nashville Elementary School Kills 3 Kids, 3 Adults Ms. A few other Hillsong resignations have followed Lentz, including Darnell Barrett, creative director of Hillsong Church Montclair in New Jersey, as well as Reed and Jess Bogard from Hillsong Dallas, which has since closed. I have always felt a call to ministry. Pop star Justin Bieber, who has attended Hillsong in the past and who was friends with Lentz, has distanced himself from Hillsong after a Dec. 31 report suggested that the star had plans to go into ministry at Hillsong NYC. [redacted] says that Mr. Bogard ignored her comment and continued his climb on top of her. He just wants to pass the blame and shame us enough so we stop talking. What happened with my relationship with Hillsong is once I did report to church, that's when things started going downhill,' she told the Christian Post. By posting your comment you agree to the house rules, By As CBN News reported, in January of 2021, Reed and Jess Bogard announced their resignation from Hillsong Dallas in a videotaped message that was played during the church's live-stream worship service. 7. Following months of internal scandal and shocking allegations, Hillsongs founders have informed congregants that the Australia-based institutions only Texas church will be closing up shop until further notice. We showed them our car and I remember watching as they drove offI looked back at my new carthe car that 5 minutes ago had represented Gods blessing over my lifeand I began to compare my car to theirs. Susan Greene. Hillsong started in Australia in 1983 but has since ballooned to become an international mega church with a cult-like celebrity following. In announcing his resignation, Reed Bogard, 38, said he and his 35-year-old wife: Just really feel that its time to transition off of our staff and take some time to remain healthy, get healthy and to really see what this next season holds for us.. Church leaders were led to believe the relationship was consensual and "consequences to both [parties] were meted out accordingly," investigators revealed. Volunteers have already accused the church of using them to perform manual labor and fulfill the personal needs of its leadership. Specifically, in discussions with certain leaders of Hillsong NYC, Ms. [redacted] asserted to them, apparently for the first time, that her sexual experience with Mr. Bogard, at least initially, had not been consensual, the report said in a summary. The affair happened in 2013 and lasted until the following year. Weve had some crazy days, some great days seeing God do many, many miracles, and so were so grateful for that., Reed and Jess Bogard met at Hillsong International Leadership College in Australia and later returned to the U.S. to plant the three Hillsong churches with which they have been involved. Now on April 10, 2021, Hillsongs global senior pastor Brian Houston emailed church members that leadership has decided to pause all operations at the Texas location. Bogard claimed that they arranged to meet at the bar around 2 a.m. or 3 a.m. The Houstons examination has now concluded after interviewing members of the church who asked the church not to reveal personal details. 12 years ago, we were living in New York. In part, Ms. [redacted] now believes that she went to the bar to satisfy her own curiosity, investigators said. When it comes to caring for people you have to know when to help them yourself and when to pass them to people on your team. NFL Draft 2023 LIVE: The Carolina Panthers have the No. I feel so incredibly privileged to be called a Christian. 'As we were establishing Hillsong Church in Dallas, the pandemic swept across the globe and quickly changed the shape of our growing church in the city,' the Houstons wrote. At the end of the day, you have to get a little gritty in your decisions and understand that we only have one life. Our first service was May of last year. 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Ex-Hillsong pastor Carl Lentzs new megachurch accused of inappropriate Easter service, Disgraced Hillsong pastor Carl Lentz hired by new church: We believe in Carl, Hillsong megachurch hit with sexual assault lawsuit by student, Hillsong pastor punched by Carl Lentzs jilted wife quits megachurch, Bae-watch: Hasselhoffs daughter makes Playboy history, Woman has 'loud, full body orgasm' in the middle of LA concert, Meghan Markle's ailing dad says he refuses 'to be buried by her' in 'final ever' interview, $76K NJ boarding school admits falling 'tragically short' in protecting teen who killed self after bullying, 'rapist' taunts, I have a micropenis this is how I break the news to sexual partners, BDSY star Daisy Kelliher tells drunk Gary King to stop flirting with me, Rihannas iconic Met Gala looks through the years, Fans question North Wests lavish pre-Met Gala gift for Kim Kardashian: No way, Prince Harry's coronation role still a mystery as William's is revealed. Former members of the church told the New York Post how staff would use pre-paid expense (PEX) cards with funds made from tithes. 4. Farm Heroes Saga, the #4 Game on iTunes. The Bogards helped former pastor Carl Lentz plant Hillsong NYC in 2010. The lead pastors of Hillsong Dallas church have resigned, adding to two months of transition and turmoil in the global megachurch. [redacted] stated that when they got into the car (she in the front passenger seat and Mr. Bogard in the drivers seat), Mr. Bogard leaned across the arm rest and kissed Ms. [redacted]. My biggest obstacle is myself. 20:07 BST 25 Mar 2022 A shiny new red Hummer. It turns out former Hillsong Dallas pastor Reed Bogard was accused of raping a junior female staffer who he had an affair with. Mr. I fell in love with Dallas the moment we flew in 18 months ago. Hillsong Dallas pastor Reed Bogard was secretly accused of raping a younger, female staffer who he had an affair with in 2013, it has been revealed. Hillsong Churchstated at the time that it launched an independent investigation "into the inner workings of Hillsong NYC/ East Coast" after hearing concerns from people affiliated with those churches. This, however, was not sufficient for Annas father, Ed Crenshaw. Former Hillsong Dallas Lead Pastor Reed Bogard and his wife, Jess, were under investigation for leadership failures when they abruptly resigned in January, Hillsong Church Global Senior Pastor Brian Houston said Saturday while announcing a pause in the operation of the Texas campus. In addition to helping plant Hillsong Dallas and Hillsong LA, the Bogards helped plant Hillsong NYC while serving alongside recently disgraced pastor Carl Lentz. I have truly lost all faith that any of this will be made right, Phalon said. Reed and Jess Bogard, the lead pastors of the Dallas branch the Hillsong Church, have resigned via a prerecorded message that aired during the megachurch's January 3 service, according to Religion News Service. Honestly, we didnt think about Dallas when planning to plant a church. Then COVID happenedand it feels like were going to be starting from scratch all over again. Read more of her story below or watch the Facebook Live video here! 'That's when I saw how they dealt with abuse, and it's something I'm not willing to overlook in my relationship with the church.'. In January, Reed and Jess Bogard, lead pastors of the Dallas location, abruptly resigned during a Sunday morning service. All you can do as a parent is try your best. Anna Crenshaw, now 23, told the Christian Post this week thatJason Mays, a married Hillsong staff administrator, assaulted her at some point before 2018 when she reported the incident. Bogard was ousted from the church along. Bogard, who now works as a director of business development for Keller Williams in Michigan, said he was done with all things Hillsong as well. published an apology in which he admitted that he was terminated because he had been unfaithful to his wife. I had no money, was a young, grimy little 13-year-old girlbelieving big things for her life. Theexploitation of free labor while these pastors are making bank is just crazy to me, Babbitt, who spent months working without pay for the Bogards, told the newspaper in January. By the end of 2014, leaders at Hillsong Australia were apparently aware of the affair yet didn't "look into matters." The scandal appears to have impacted his relationship with Justin Bieber and his wife Hailey, as both unfollowed him on Instagram after having spent extensive time with him. After 4-5 months of going to church, I had never asked the question, How can I become a Christian? I just felt as though I couldnt be in a relationship with God because of all I had experienced in my life. When we start to get an eternal perspectivewe can see our lives in light of eternity. I said, "It sucks bud. "An additional cause for concern is that even within the parameters of the sexual relationship between them, it appears that the sexual activities between the two frequently suggest that they were designed to reinforce the power imbalance between them.. Early in our process, the Bogards decided to resign from Hillsong Church. In an email to members, founders Brian and Bobbie Houston addressed the church's investigation into former Dallas pastor Reed Bogard and his wife, Jess Bogard, who resigned in January after. When contacted about the report in February, Hillsong Church said Brian Houston, who resigned Wednesday after it was revealed that two women made seriouscomplaints of misconduct against him in the last 10 years, was not aware of the rape claims against Bogard when he was chosen to lead Hillsong Dallas in 2019. We just submitted to Hillsong leadershipsubmitted our dream to Brian and Bobbyand for 9 years, we served as executive pastors, always knowing it was a dream and desire to lead something of our own. The following day, he apologized for the tweet. Bogard told her if you dont sign this contract, you dont work here.. You dont have to have it all together to make an impact for Jesus. Babbitt, who said she gave thousands to the church, said she saw the cards used for buying gifts and staying in luxury hotels. In an email to members, founders Brian and Bobbie Houston addressed the church's investigation into former Dallas pastorReed Bogard and his wife, Jess Bogard, who resigned in January after revelations they used donations tofund their luxury lifestyle. The email goes on to detail a previously unannounced internal investigation into the Dallas branchs former lead pastors, Reed and Jess Bogard, who quietly and suddenly resigned in January after more than a decade of employment at the once-celebrity-beloved international worship chain. Were going to make mistakes, but if we are open about our humanity then I think we can go far together. Whether abuse happens in Pennsylvania or Australia, its tragic.. On Sunday (Jan. 3), Reed Bogard announced his and his wife's resignation in a prerecorded message that aired during the church's streaming worship service. Bieber responded on Instagram, saying that the story was fake news and adding, And btw, Hillsong is not my church. It was revealed that the two were under investigation for "leadership failures," resulting in the closure of that campus. Thank you for allowing God to use you to touch the lives of others in our city! To Phalon, Houstons initial tweet is indicative of the whole ordeal being a game to him., His response was so disgusting. ', Brian and Bobbie Houston, the co-founders of Hillsong Church, sent an email to members noting that the Dallas church was closing, Reed and Jess Bogard are pictured after it was revealed that the Bogards and other church staff allegedly used worshipper donations to fund their lifestyles. Hillsong Church has enormous compassion for the other party involved in this situation. Another former New York City congregant Jenna Babbitt, 27, said she was given one of the cards to buy items for the children of Reed and Jess Bogard, who she babysat. Bogard then asked Ms. [redacted] to take off her pants. A former Hillsong member named Jenna Babbitt said that she provided childcare services for some pastors, including Reed and Jess Bogard, who resigned earlier this month from Hillsong Dallas. Lets believe God for great things ahead.. It was very disappointing to learn that, while some of you experienced the Bogards as dedicated pastors, many others have experienced leadership that failed to meet the commitments and standards of Hillsong Church, Brian Houston said, in part, at the time. Hillsong Dallas pastor Reed Bogard was secretly accused of raping a younger, female staffer who he had an affair with in 2013, it has been revealed. [Your] 1st response to article is indicative of mishandling Anna from day one. Globally, church leaders have faced a number of allegations over the years, from sexual assault to revelations that former celebrity pastor Carl Lentz cheated on his wife of 17 years while other former Hillsong members have compared it to a 'cult'. Filed Under: Church. Shannon stated that from the way Ms. [redacted] spoke about the relationship with Mr. Bogard, it was something Mr. Bogard put pressure on Ms. [redacted] to do, investigators added. But Gods grace covers it all. 'Early in our process, the Bogards decided to resign from Hillsong Church. In November 2020, Hillsong NYC lead pastor Carl Lentz was fired for "moral failings" including an extramarital affair with a Brooklyn jewelry designer. Reed and I have been talking over a period of time and we both agree that it would be a perfect time for them to come to a new season in their life, which means a new season also for Hillsong Dallas., The church will be getting new lead pastors, which is exciting, said Houston, although he added, We want to make the right decision, so were not going to rush it., During the interim, Hillsong leaders will help to provide for and support Hillsong Dallas. It was just, like, Wow. Its not going to happen.. I would meet with Mary every Tuesday afternoon and we would read the Bible together. I think the bill was $600 to $700, Walker recalled. In all honesty, we could have gone out and done something earlier, but it wouldnt have had as much impact without the blessing of a healthy house. The investigators further explained that it was concerning that Hillsong Church never considered the power imbalance between the two Bogard and his accuser once they were informed about the relationship. She confirmed she participated in a deposition concerning the allegation but would not say anything more than what was already included in the report. Matched at Yale for plastic surgery residency. Bogard then began to climb over the arm rest until he was bearing down on top of her in her seat. Ms. [redacted] recalled the disoriented falling sensation of the seat back suddenly going back when shed not realized it was about to do so. Hope youll give us another try and check out some other articles. The Houstons said that Reed Bogard had been suspended from 'his pastoral duties' while the church reviewed complaints from members that he failed 'to uphold the standards of Hillsong leadership. 2023 ChurchLeaders.com, All rights reserved. Its such a rough season. Opportunity, Fun, Success, Dreams & being your best self! There was a lot of eating out, a lot of Airbnbs very nice Airbnbs rented for guests and staff who were between homes, Walker alleged. Zukerman Gore Brandeis & Crossman, LLP, did not respond to requests for comment. It is not only his knowledge of construction materials and processes . Pastors Reed and Jess Bogard met at Hillsong College, and Reed later established the church that would become Hillsong NYC. It was Gods greatest blessing to us. , updated Investigators noted that Bogards decision to force his accuser into signing an NDA was also another example of his abuse of power. It was very disappointing to learn that, while some of you experienced the Bogards as dedicated pastors, many others have experienced leadership that failed to meet the commitments and standards of Hillsong Church, the Houstons continued. The report was submitted to George Aghajanian, general manager and a director of Hillsong Church Australia and its international entities, on Jan. 11, 2021. Trans swimmer Lia Thomas is now telling women what feminism is - and if we protest then we're bigots. Mays,the son of the church's head of human resources John Mays, pleaded guilty to 'assault with an act of indecency' in 2019, according to the outlet. Several factors worsened by the coronavirus pandemic worked against the church in fulfilling that promise, the Houstons said. As the coronavirus swept the world in late 2020, the church learned that the affair didnt start out consensually. 'It was very disappointing to learn that, while some of you experienced the Bogards as dedicated pastors, many others have experienced leadership that failed to meet the commitments and standards of Hillsong Church,' Brian and his wife said at the time. of Hillsong Church, for supporting and trusting him and Jess. Brandon Walker, 28, who helped the Bogards plant Hillsong Dallas, told the New York Post that he witnessed a lot of toxic activity, including $1,100 per day Airbnb rentals. Thats a tactic a lot of these pastors use to keep their secrets, he charged. Ms. [redacted] admits that she kissed Mr. Bogard back. Primary Sidebar. I want to get to heaven exhaustedusing every opportunity I had to share about God's grace and love. Once they were in the car, things quickly got out of hand. Disgraced pastor Lentz entered a program in early December to treat mental health issues following his firing, at an outpatient facility that specialized in 'depression, anxiety and pastoral burnout,' according to People Magazine. Kelly told investigators that even if Bogard did not physically force himself on his accuser she did not have the ability to say no. Former Los Angeles service pastor Nicole Herman told the Post she was told to 'fill' the cards, adding: 'We had a team count the tithes after every service and they would allocate X amount of money for the PEX cards. I think at this stage Im not going to comment. We met at the leadership school at Hillsong, Australia. She was so sweet and patient with me. Posts Reels Videos Tagged The former Hillsong junior staffer said they stayed at the bar for about 45 minutes, having only one drink each. The church then said it would understand if its members opted to attend local churches in Dallas rather than watch Hillsong broadcasts online. Jess and Reed were a byproduct of an unhealthy spiritual environment that reproduces the same type of leader over and over again, added Babbitt, who baby-sat for the Bogards during her years in NYC. He has been criminally charged in Australia over the allegation that he turned a blind eye to his father's abhuse - which he vehemently denies. Lets believe God for great things ahead.. According to the investigation, Reed Bogard's extramarital relationship with the junior staffer at Hillsong New York occurred from September 2013 through January 2014. ', Megan Phalon, left, said the pastors 'bought four-wheeler ATVs' to drive around the city. More than six years later, on or about October 2020, Hillsong Church Australia learned of additional allegations concerning Ms. [redacted] and Mr. Bogards affair. "In recounting various liaisons, Ms. [redacted] consistently talks about how Reed wanted to have sex, so we had sex, and similar comments, always indicating that Mr. Bogard was the initiator. Significantly, Ms. [redacted] now discloses that at the time she said, no, I dont think we should do this, investigators said. Jess Bogard and her husband, Reed, are the Lead Pastors of Hillsong Dallas! God can use you where you are. We had a mutual friend who thought we would be good together. Bogards description of the amount of drinking is very different. Hillsong is shutting down its Dallas operations amid a series of scandals that have rocked the Australian-based megachurch, the church announced on Saturday. How would you encourage someone else in how to pursue their calling or purpose? The investigation was commissioned by Hillsong Global in October 2020, shortly after senior church officials first learned that the former junior staffer alleged that her first act of sexual intercourse with Bogard in his car after a late night out together was non-consensual. She revealed that during the relationship she was sent a new employment contract with a non-disclosure agreement. Meanwhile, in January, Reed and Jess Bogard, lead pastors of the Dallas location, abruptly resigned during a Sunday morning service. I know better and will do better.. A leaked call later revealed that Hillsong leadership had concerns about Lentz prior to revelations about his marital unfaithfulness. Join thousands of others to get the FREEDOM POST newsletter for free, sent twice a week from The Christian Post. It's unclear what prompted the woman to claim six years later that Bogard had raped her. Ms. [redacted] recalls that right after giving their drink order, Mr. Bogard leaned in and tried to kiss her. The details have never been made public until now. Ms. [redacted] stated that she probably participated in the kiss. Bogard expressed his gratitude toward Brian and Bobbie Houston, the global senior pastors of Hillsong Church, for supporting and trusting him and Jess. Reed Bogard, 38, and his wife, Jess Bogard, 35, the lead pastors of the Australia-based institution's Dallas branch, are stepping away from the once-celebrity-beloved international worship chain after over a decade of employment there. But over the last few years, the so-called disciples of the church have revealed themselves to have somewhat compromised morals. Lentz, an alumnus of Houston car wash duties, extended the tradition. Reed Bogard and Jess Bogard are incredible leaders who have been. The board came up with a plan that Mr. Bogard would not be permitted to serve in leadership in any capacity for twelve months, he would not be on platform for 12 months and he would undergo counseling, investigators said. Hillsong Dallas pastors Reed and Jess Bogard. Less than two weeks after Reed Bogard abruptly resigned as lead pastor of the now-defunct Hillsong Dallas in January 2021, an internal investigation commissioned by Hillsong Global showed that the married father of three was accused of rape by a junior female staffer with whom he had a monthlong affair while serving at Hillsong NYC years earlier. We have one shot at this and we dont get a do-over. You are bold, beautiful, and inspiring. New Hampshire is crowned beer capital of America and Washington DC has biggest number of winos, official data shows so how boozy is your state ? These complaints included the misuse of worshipers tithes. Im a big believer in maintaining my own relationship with Jesus. Lets be more unified than ever before, said Houston. Friday Highlight! Investigators reported that Bogard was "stood down publicly from the platform in Los Angeles for a period of either eight or twelve months," noting that "stories differ.". Mr. Bogard then asked Ms. [redacted] to crawl into the back seat, an act which was facilitated because her seat back was now lying flat. Im not going to discuss anything. The subordinate staffer recalls Bogard offered her a ride home, but the former pastor told investigators she asked for the ride home. God wont take you to the next level until you allow him to use you where youre at. Im a big believer in being sent" and not being one of the went." However, the leader of the Australia-based global megachurch assured members of the young Dallas congregation that they would eventually get new lead pastors, and they were not going to be forsaken.. He was forced out of his role in the celebrity-favorite church in January 2021 amid claims he and his wife had misappropriated funds to satisfy their own lavish taste. How are you teaching these values to your kids? When I try to step out of my lane, I get out of Gods grace. Ms. Citing investigation participants privacy, the email only vaguely details the pastors as having failed to meet the commitments and standards of Hillsong, before offering a brief apology to those who felt disappointed or hurt.. Houston wrote in his email that it was very disappointing to learn that, while some of you experienced the Bogards as dedicated pastors, many others have experienced leadership that failed to meet the commitments and standards of Hillsong Church., The current pandemic was also cited as a reason for the Dallas church closure. The Church isnt a building. I felt his arms and hands wrapped around my legs making contact with my inner thigh, butt and crotch,' she wrote in the 2018 statement reviewed by the Christian Post. 6. Before the footage switched to a livestream of his sermon, Brian Houston shared his thoughts on Bogards news. I would wish I could have a relationship with Him, but I felt unqualified. But we didnt realize how unbelievable this city was. The former pastor is reportedly, for depression, anxiety, and pastoral burnout, and Hillsong has launched an independent investigation into the culture at, in the past and who was friends with Lentz, has distanced himself from Hillsong after a Dec. 31, that the star had plans to go into ministry at Hillsong NYC.
Why Does Amir Have Difficulty Adopting Sohrab?, Kevin Chapman Obituary, Nick Foles Parents Net Worth, Sally Wade Carlin Death, 1 Little 2 Little 3 Little Injuns Bugs Bunny, Articles R