The 1911 Ronin combines a legacy of service with the features modern shooters demand. I am pretty well known as a huge DIY AR-15 advocate, and also for some of the full-custom projects Ive been either responsible for or associated with. Combining the legendary power and accuracy of the M1A with the quick handling and fast sight acquisition of a scout style rifle. But I do LOVE to shoot. Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to California consumers about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. The Victor lists for just a bit over $1,000, and youll be able to score one at your local gun shop for less, for sure. Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to California consumers about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Needed a cleaning rod to clear the spent casing. As always, higher-rev is higher cost. Im torn between a victor or edge. Bassbob I have both of these Saint Pistols, my Victor Pistol is chambered in 300BO, my Edge Pistol in 5.56. Lightweight and agile rifle solutions that come packed with enhanced components selected for rugged durability. Not that the Edge cant reach out (if your skills are up to it), but you are giving up a certain amount of muzzle velocity, what with its 3-inch shorter barrel. Its an AR-15 made by someone else. For more information, please see our JavaScript is disabled. Combining portability with superior ballistic performance. Our Custom 1911 pistolsmiths have over 200 combined years of experience and individually hand fit every major component of your firearm. SAINT AR-15 Rifles Exceptional rifles at exceptional prices. It was tough to part with that much money for a weapon until the first trigger pull. kjk603 2 yr. ago Really? Available in 5.56, .308, and now 9mm, there is a SAINT Victor configuration perfectly suited for your application. The Edge is a fine rifle and I may buy it back but the DD will be a little more accurate from my experience. I think the Victor has a 7.5" barrel and the Edge has a 10.5' barrel. You almost can't go wrong at any price point these days with ARs. Chambered in 5.56, the SAINT Edge has a modular, match-grade, short-reset, and Melonite treated single-stage trigger that paves the way for a trigger press with zero creep. Another nice touch on the Springfield Saint is that, like that URG-I, the gas block is pinned in place, not just affixed with set screws. It shoots fine, but I would caution anyone buying a Saint that thinks they might ever want to swap parts with a regular Milspec AR-15. Saint Victor AR-15s come stock with collapsable front and rear iron sights. The Victor carbine has a muzzle brake on the end because that is the fashion these days, not because the recoil of .223/5.56 is so vicious. Step Right Up Building on the core of the SAINT rifle we kindly invite you to explore the upgraded SAINT Victor line of AR style rifles. The Accu-Tite Tension System is a generous adjustable setscrew that ensures there is absolutely no play between the upper and lower receivers for unassailable accuracy. The most premium SAINT in the lineup, the Edge features a billet receiver paired with premier components for quick-handling and improved accuracy and is comparable to custom builds costing much more. One of the reasons for that is because theres usually something (and often a long list of some things) that I would have wanted to be done differently. Any help is appreciated! Since the barrel is a tidy 10.3 inches long, there isnt a lot of dwell time for the gas to work in the system before the bullet leaves the muzzle. That is a recommended consideration. Got the desert tan one, brand new in 2017. A 1911 with a host of duty-grade features. SAINT Edge AR-15 Rifles. Combining the performance of a larger handgun with class-leading concealability and capacity. The regular V11 is definitely going to need a trigger upgrade. Featuring a superbly refined trigger, the XD-M Elite represents the pinnacle of performance in modern striker-fired pistols. In both tactical and traditional forms, the SOCOM 16 will answer your call for a compact tactical rifle without sacrificing power. What is new about it, though, is that they got it right. The SAINT offers upgraded features where they matter most. Combining modern materials and design with a heritage spanning back more than a century. Im not the kind of guy who likes to fuss about swapping parts and custom builds and all that. Thats a huge help! Luckily, a fellow gun writer was on the next range, testing the Edge he had. Purpose built, each SAINT Victor features our free float M-Lok handguard and performance upgrades for professional grade reliability. Either way, same applies except for barrel length between the guns. Inslee signed a punitive ban on many common semi-automatic firearms. In both tactical and traditional forms, the SOCOM 16 will answer your call for a compact tactical rifle without sacrificing power. 3 oz. Well, youll likely want a few more, but Magpul is good. Rounds fed, extracted and ejected smoothly, the trigger is very good, and recoil is very mellow. Springfield Armory Saint Victor. . Took it to the range Sunday. Unlike many AR rifles on the market today, SAINT Victor Rifles feature a pinned low profile gas block, a must have on a professional use defensive rifle. So while shopping for the DDM4V7 i found a good deal on a BCM Recce 16 MCMR. Review: Hi-Point JXP 10mm An Overgrown Yeet Canon Thats a Lot of Fun! The Saint Edge features premier components for quick-handling, improved accuracy, and performance comparable to custom AR builds costing much more. It ships with a Magpul brand magazine. Second round, exactly the same thing. The Springfield Saint Victor is a 16 inch AR-15 chambered in 556. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I haven't had a AR15 in years & need help deciding between the DD and Springfield. Based on one of the most prolific and popular pistols in small arms history. The SAINT Edge rifle is the cream of the crop of ARs. Can anyone explain to an AR newbie the differences between the Saint, Victor and Edge pistols? It may not display this or other websites correctly. Specifications: Weight: 6 lbs. Ballistically its not ideal. Select a few firearms first to compare them. You really gotta play with them and look at the spec sheet. Proposition 65 became law in November 1986, when California voters approved it by a 63-37 percent margin. Have you used the Springfield Saint? Springfield Armory dared to dream smallsuperlatively smallwith its new Saint Edge PDW, and what it does, it does well. The stock is BCM Gunfighter Mod O, and the trigger guard and grip also are from Bravo Company. It rises to the top with features like a multi-mode gas block for maximized versatility and a free-floating handguard for supreme accuracy. You are using an out of date browser. Bought it when it first came out. Look closely at the specifications list on the Springfield Armory website and see the detail differences. The most iconic battle rifle in American history. Features- M-Lok free-float 15" handguard that protects the mid-length gas system, full-length "interrupted" rail to reduce weight, a pinned low-profile gas block and a Springfield Armory designed muzzle brake eliminates barrel rise and softens recoil. 0.8 in. the Edge is one of the lightest AR-15s on the market. Is it worth the significant price difference? One more thing you dont have to buy, but would otherwise! The Springfield Armory SAINT offers a high-value, no-frills-required AR-15 platform. At just over 6 lbs. All my buddies always want to use it iver their AR-10s. Proposition 65 also prohibits California businesses from knowingly discharging significant amounts of listed chemicals into sources of drinking water. carbine, short barreled rifle (SBR) or pistol. Forged in the fire of disciplined craftsmanship. The BCM should be at my FFL in a few days. Worlds better than a stock USGI. Please be respectful of others. The Springfield Armory Saint Edge ATC is very comfortable and very stable. SAINT Victor AR-15 Rifles Lightweight and agile rifle solutions that come packed with enhanced components selected for rugged durability. The same iron sights are also available direct from Springfields website. One standout detail is that pistol grip that is more vertical than a classic layout, and it combines well with that flat trigger. The Victor is an update to the old freefloat. Can't go wrong with DD either IMO. SAINT Models. Robert, the Springfield Armory SAINT Edge A Tier Above the Victor and worth the cost difference in my opinion, especially in the long run. Edge is good for competitive shooting, etc lighter barrel and other enhancements for range time. For the Edge, as a compact defensive tool for tight quarters, a red-dot could be a better choice. The result is lower gas port pressure, nicer manners and better function. It's a tad bulky. Have adequate ventilation at all times. In 2017 I brought a basic Saint and OH MY. Geez. And they are, indeed, all there! Also, when you are at low ready or bladed down out of ready, your wrist isnt locked into such a sharp angle. No setscrews to work loose and cause gas problems. Thanks for all the input. 19K views 1 year ago Get a look under the hood with the Springfield Armory SAINT Edge-- touted as being the best-in-class AR within the SAINT line-up and featuring premium match-grade. Founded by Frank Galli in 2000, Snipers Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to its users in one location. Developed in conjunction with retired U.S. Army 1st SFOD Delta combat veteran Larry Vickers. This is better than mil-spec. Lead Ammunition Discharging firearms in poorly ventilated areas, cleaning firearms, or handling ammunition may result in exposure to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. A traditional M1A, loaded with all the features you want to take your rifle to the next level. Caution You risk injury or death by mishandling firearms. 1012 ft.-lbs. It has many features of a great entry level rifle including a 15 inch Mlok rail, 2 chamber . These chemicals can be in the products that Californians purchase, in their homes or workplaces, or that are released into the environment. Sets the standard for ergonomic comfort and performance. I am also fully aware that Springfield Armory is not the only source for good factory AR-15s, and also those at an equitable price point. SAINT Victor AR-15 Rifles. Both shoot exceptionally well, and I paid far less than they typically go for. Combining the legendary power and accuracy of the M1A with the quick handling and fast sight acquisition of a scout style rifle. Battle Proven. Its a good-enough set of flip-style irons, 1/2 MOA adjustable; simple, sturdy. I thought mine was just a fluke. Do you notice any other differences when compared to other AR-15 platforms? I was really wanting the m-lok for end. It is the buyers responsibility to comply with all rules, restrictions and/or laws determined by your city or state. Very useful. Im looking at getting one of these and Im not too sure of the differences. From the SAINT to the SAINT Victor to the SAINT Edge tiers, there is a SAINT rifle for you. This list, which must be updated at least once a year, has grown to include approximately 900 chemicals since it was first published in 1987. Premier components for quick-handling, improved accuracy, and performance comparable to custom AR builds costing much more. What Is the Springfield SAINT Edge PDW? The Hide Armory. Specifications: Weight: 7lbs 11oz # of Mags: 1 Sights: Flip-Up Front and Rear Additional Info: SA Multiport Muzzle Brake Additional Info: Bravo Company Mod3 Pistol Grip Additional Info: 15" M-LOK Free Float Handguard. Combining portability with superior ballistic performance. Each SAINT Victor features enhanced components carefully selected for professional grade defensive firearms. At just over 6 lbs. The Bravo Company PKMT handguard on each goes the full length of the barrel, up behind the flash hider mounted at the muzzle. I just want something thats as close to perfect out of the box as you can get. Look closely at the specifications list on the Springfield Armory website and see the detail differences. The 308 victor is in a class its own and nowhere near what the 308 victor pistol is. The Saint seriesevery variation in the lineuphas engineering ideas and specific parts incorporated to ramp up these guns to what we, custom builders, have been incorporating for years now. Designed for ultimate performance the SAINT Edge is the product of elite engineering with premier components and upgrades comparable to custom-built ARs. Children are attracted to and can operate firearms that can cause severe injuries or death. Parts are straight off the recommended list, as Saint uses an M16-profile USGI-spec bolt carrier group with a select Carpenter 158 bolt. RedditNameChecksOut 2 yr. ago. And we would ask, Whats NEW about it? Dead silence. JavaScript is disabled. The SAINT series is designed to offer shooters an AR rifle in 5.56mm or .308 thats just right for their needs. https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/ringfield-armory-saint-victor-and-saint-edge/. All rights reserved. Took it home, cleaned the barrel and put 600 rounds thru it with no problems that day. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. This does two things. It's chambered for 5.56 and uses a standard AR loadout. Springfield Armory Provides the following general warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead which is known to California consumers to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. I compared the Saint charging handle to the Milspec and it is shorter, so it fits in the shorter channel on the Saint. Hello Everyone, I hope to attach this question to this thread, instead of starting a new one. This is coming from a guy who had build 5 AR15 rifles in 5.56,.224, 6.5 grendel, 6.5 creedmore, 6.8spc. Combining rock-solid durability with eye-catching styling, the 7075 T6 machined billet lower receiver sports a flared magazine well for reloads, ambidextrous safety and integrated QD sling attachment system. I just purchased a Panther DPMS Oracle 223/5.56. window.PixleeAsyncInit = function() {Pixlee.init({apiKey:"D9gKCa4iiyIe5iWAbR33"});Pixlee.addSimpleWidget({lightbox:true, widgetId:2096912});}; Back to the start: Springfield Armory chose a good build sheet for the Saint. To be clear I am not talking about the Victor Carbine. Think of a sling as a holster for your rifle (or pistol, in the Edge) and you will be safer. Wash hands thoroughly after exposure. Combining the performance of a larger handgun with class-leading concealability and capacity. Only difference is barrel and stock or pistol grip in this case. In both tactical and traditional forms, the SOCOM 16 will answer your call for a compact tactical rifle without sacrificing power. The Standard Issue M1A is a faithful semi-auto recreation of the original M14. For more information, please see our Designed specifically for the 9mm cartridge, the EMP features shorter dimensions making it one of the smallest 1911s out there. The Saints are the latest AR-15s from Springfield, and they come loaded with features. Springfield Armory Saint Victor. The TRP is based off the custom Professional Model HRT 1911 developed by Springfield Armory for the FBI. 2. Saint .308 is so damn light and well managed recoil. We pondered it, and then had a light-bulb momentadjustable gas system. And of course, notice the retail-detail differences! Thanks Rick. All rights reserved. When I think now of really good AR-15s, my first thought goes to Springfield Armory. You can go wrong with this platform whatsoever. MSRP $1,150 - $1,497. It rises to the top with features like a multi-mode gas block for maximized versatility and a free-floating handguard for supreme accuracy. The forged upper and lower receivers on the carbine, and the forged upper and billet lower on the Edge, are tensioned for a snug fit, by means of the SA Accu-Tite system. You wouldnt want to slip, and the hand stop prevents that. Battle Proven. So when I say they are all what they should be, that means Springfield Armory wrote the right build sheet. The low-profile gas block feeds a reliable mid-length gas system and can be readily tuned to optimize performance with different loads. I have the Edge. Doing my own calculations, Springfield sure doesnt seem to be artificially running up the price to offer the higher-cost features (like some factory custom shops seem to do). You have a valid point however shooting both I find the Edge Pistol in 5.56 is more reliable in cycling and will shoot anything I put in it without objection, my Saint Victor in 300BO however; no matter how I adjust the gas block wont cycle subsonic. The regular V11 is definitely going to need a trigger upgrade. 1911 which has served for more than a century with members of the U.S. military. 5.56. For those in California, Springfield offers the Victor with the Strike Industries featureless grip, and a fixed Magpul MOE stock. Keep in mind that when were talking about AR-15s were talking about piecesparts more than we are a whole package. Having goats and chickens we attract lots of predators. Bargain hard enough and you should be able to afford a bunch of practice ammo, which you will probably burn up in your first range session. A 1911 with a host of duty-grade features. I added some things to it nothing great. The TRP is based off the custom Professional Model HRT 1911 developed by Springfield Armory for the FBI. Note: There is a sizable model-option list across the whole Saint line, and Im going to focus primarily on the basic carbine, simply called the Saint. Chambered in 5.56, the SAINT Edge has a modular, match-grade, short-reset, and Melonite treated single-stage trigger that paves the way for a trigger press with zero creep. AR-15 solutions in rifle, SBR, and PCC configurations. Daniel defense chrome lined barrels are some of the best. I used a low-power variable on the Victor and a red-dot on the Edge in keeping with my thoughts on defensive and competition use. We reserve the right to edit as appropriate, delete profane, harassing, abusive and spam comments or posts, and block repeat offenders. It works. The definitive source for firearm enthusiasts. After much research I would need to change out the buffer spring or go with a suppresser just to shoot heavier subsonic rounds.
Wes Atamian Net Worth, Did Al Quiring Have A Heart Attack, Is Evolve Health Insurance Legit, Unit 3, Lesson 7 Cumulative Practice Problems Answer Key, Articles S