1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, 1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage. Have a question? The bourbon really isnt that strong. Bourbon Slush Peach Simple Syrup, recipe above 2 cups ice cubes cup bourbon Instructions In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar and peaches to make the simple syrup. Freeze the cocktail in a two-inch deep sheet pan for around 8 hours (or until slushy consistency). document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); In my kitchen, we're all about approachable recipes that are great for sharing. Make a Virgin Mint Julep to celebrate the Kentucky Derby. Blend until slushie texture. . Normally, I like really good bourbon. Add ingredients to a blender and blend until it has the consistency of a slushy. Its a favorite at my house. It will be perfect for sipping on the beach! Freeze for 10-12 hours or overnight. Your email address will not be published. If you like your slush a little less ice-y, you can add cup less ice. To serve, rake slush with a fork and scoop into four serving glasses. Easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. (Ive shared a full ingredient list and recipe instructions in the printable recipe card below.). It contains a hefty dose of bourbon but is sweet enough for the novices to thoroughly enjoy.To begin, brew a small batch of tea and let cool to room temperature. This adult slush combines tea, lemonade, orange juice, and bourbon for the ultimate Southern cocktail. Enjoy!TIPS-Make the bourbon slush portable! Pour in the remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed. Get the recipe for Orange Bourbon Slush at The Cookie Rookie. All the fuss. This down-and-dirty house party staple rarely makes it outside the state, and that may be best for everyone's safety, because it goes down soooooo smoothly. If you are visiting between 4/28 - 5/6, please review our amended Derby Season Hours. Step 3: Add bourbon. You may enjoy it as well. Garnish with fresh cranberries to make it even more festive. 5 Cherry Bourbon Slush Photo Credit: www.thespeckledpalate.com Ready in just 10 minutes, these Cherry Bourbon Slushies require no additional freezing - just blended ice! Make with cherry juice, bourbon, and lemon-lime soda, they are perfect for Christmas parties. And using our back porch as a walk-in freezer. The perfect breakfast treat! It should all freeze. I already have this in the freezer. This recipe requires just 6 ingredients to complete, and that includes the water! Combine the hot tea and sugar in a heatproof bowl; stir until the sugar dissolves. By nature, this recipe is made ahead of time, since the cola, bourbon and cherry juice need to be chilled. You can pour it into a highball glass instead of a smaller glass, like the ones shown in these photos. Pour into two cocktail glasses, garnish with a maraschino. Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Interested in a larger serving? It was fun to see everyones tree, what they got for Christmas and the cookie tray theyd pull out. But honestly, this does not require quality bourbon. More summer drink recipes:Cherry Lemonade Margaritas /Spiked Watermelon Limeade /Blackberry Mint Spritzer /Peach Moscow Mule /Vodka Lemonade with Raspberry. (And probably you, too. Instructions. Use a spoon to scrape up how much you want. Discard the tea bags. Top with 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda. These pretty yellow drinks combine frozen peaches and pineapples, Malibu rum, pineapple vodka, and peach schnapps. Its fun to see how folks are using recipes from IBC. Allow tea to steep for 5 minutes then remove. Club Soda & Lime 4. My parents would find any occasion to break out the bourbon slush, and as a kid, I never quite understood what all the fuss was about. Blend until smooth. Bourbon slush is a slushy, sweet, boozy drink, perfect for summer sipping!Welcome to your new favorite summer drink! Let stand until cool, about 1 hour. Carefully pour mixture into ice cube trays and let freeze 4-5 hours until solid. You ABSOLUTELY should, Amy! Blend the ingredients together until smooth. Thats okay! Now that youre here, stay a bit, browse a few recipes, and lets get cookin! And it stores great. Transfer to freezer containers; freeze 12 hours or overnight. I think diet soda should work just fine . If you're a fan of whiskey sours, check out this Whiskey Slush Recipe! Bourbon slush A slushy, sweet, boozy drink, perfect for summer sipping! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); If I join the weekly newsletter, will my name be shared with others? Blend on high until slushy. Pour into shallow bowls or dishes. Treat yoself with one of these fruit flavors! Let stand until cool, about 1 hour. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. {"@context":"https://slickstream.com","@graph":[{"@type":"Plugin","version":"1.2.5"},{"@type":"Site","name":"The Chunky Chef","url":"https://www.thechunkychef.com","description":"Comforting Family Recipes","atomUrl":"https://www.thechunkychef.com/feed/atom/","rtl":false},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":32229,"isFront":false,"isHome":false,"isCategory":false,"isTag":false,"isSingular":true,"date":"2021-08-30T20:24:45-04:00","modified":"2021-08-30T20:38:02-04:00","title":"Cherry Cola Bourbon Slush","pageType":"post","postType":"post","featured_image":"https://www.thechunkychef.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Cherry-Cola-Bourbon-Slush-feat.jpg","author":"The Chunky Chef","categories":[{"@id":14109,"slug":"beginner-friendly","name":"Beginner-Friendly","parents":[]},{"@id":14215,"slug":"drinks-beginner-friendly","name":"Drinks","parents":[{"@type":"CategoryParent","@id":14109,"slug":"beginner-friendly","name":"Beginner-Friendly"}]},{"@id":851,"slug":"drinks","name":"Drinks","parents":[]}],"tags":["bourbon"],"taxonomies":[]}]} Remove from the heat, and steep for 15 minutes, then refrigerate until use. It's great both ways. Click here! I hope that this slush delighted everyones tastebuds when you had friends over to the pool. Next, stir in the bourbon, orange juice concentrate, cherry juice, and bitters. It's a sneakily potent drink that doubles as a frosty dessert, and, please, please, resist the urge to fancy it up by swapping freshly squeezed juice for the concentrate or picking your whiskey from the top shelf. Orange bitters, perhaps? Scoop into glasses & add lemon-lime type of soda Ive had a recipe similar to this in my recipe box for decades and have never seen it published. To a small pitcher add coca cola, bourbon and cherry juice. I will just tell him since it will be frozen by morning and since it does have orange juice in it that its okay to have for breakfast, agree? Scoop into a tumbler or mule cup and top with around 2oz of sour mix. Love this Recipe and Want More?Join the IBC Mailing List to get all of my recipes, projects, and ideas sent straight to your inbox! When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Top with additional Cheerwine soda for extra fizz, if desired. maraschino cherry juice 4 oz. Required fields are marked *, Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. (I opt for diet because this already has plenty of sweetness, but you do you. Not subscribed to Fatherlys newsletter yet? This needs to be made ahead, so please plan accordingly. Made with bourbon, this a refreshing and flavorful slush recupe that can be served any time of the year. "use strict";(async(e,t)=>{if(location.search.indexOf("no-slick")>=0){return}let o;const a=()=>(performance||Date).now();const i=window.$slickBoot={rt:e,_es:a(),ev:"2.0.0",l:async(e,t)=>{try{let i=0;if(!o&&"caches"in self){o=await caches.open("slickstream-code")}if(o){let n=await o.match(e);if(!n){i=a();await o.add(e);n=await o.match(e);if(n&&!n.ok){n=undefined;o.delete(e)}}if(n){return{t:i,d:t?await n.blob():await n.json()}}}}catch(e){console.log(e)}return{}}};const n=e=>new Request(e,{cache:"no-store"});const c=n(`${e}/d/page-boot-data?${innerWidth<=600? Rich and creamy, these Virgin Pia Coladas are heavenly! Who does? Yes! The bourbon mixture goes into the freezer to get all slushy and that requires time. Scroll to Continue. Mix in the frozen but thawed lemonade & orange juice along with the sugar & water.Now, for the most important part! 1 cup bourbon Directions Dissolve Demerara sugar into freshly made tea. Take it out of the freezer about 30 minutes before serving so it can begin to thaw and get slushie. We're taking the mint julep from a once-a-year celebration to a lazy pool day summer sipper, says Random Ward, a Dallas-based mixologist for Woodford Reserve. Mocktail Mulled Wine 15. But conversely, I dont recommend buying the ultra cheap stuff either. Combine all ingredients and stir to mix. From the author, Elizabeth Heiskell: All I have to do is take one sniff of a glass of bourbon, and I'm transported to a cool, fall day in Starkville at Davis Wade Stadium. Orange could be delicious too! can frozen orange juice 7 cups water 7 teaspoons instant tea 2 cups bourbon (see notes) For serving: diet Sprite or diet Ginger Ale Instructions Ultimately, I chose the Cherry Bourbon Slush because Im a sucker for a good bourbon drink and because its cherry season! Personally, I like mine where it ended up for these photospretty slushy, but still drinkable. Storing bourbon slushWhip a batch together, toss it in the freezer to form the slush consistency, and just pull it out when you want it! (because THIS girl has two thumbs and loves a good cocktail, too!! ) You'll be the first to know about new exhibits, fun events, discounts and all things Bourbon! Oh my goodness, thats too funny about your husband and you and that bartender changing your tune with raspberry ginger ale and cherries! Plus this recipe makes a big blender full, so its great to share with friends and family or maybe not, who am I to judge? Arnold Palmer 6. Let stand at room temperature until partially thawed, about 1 hour. This bourbon slush is a fruity blend of juices, tea, and whiskey frozen into a slush, then topped off with lemon-lime soda. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hi there! This easy cocktail recipe is low in sugar, and perfect for a low-calorie diet as well. What is maraschino cherry juice? Loosen ice cubes and place them in the bottom of a blender. It's SO good, Karrie - you are gonna be addicted! Were bourbon fans, but I know not everyone is. And dont worry that you wont use up the rest of the bottle, Ive shared 4 of my favorite recipes here on the site that use bourbon. Creating a home you love is what its all about and Im here to help. I havent tried it without the booze, but I bet it would be delicious! If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. I normally think of bourbon as a more wintery drink, too, but this slush is absolutely 100% summery. Warm spices and apple cider, these slush drinks have a hint of coziness to them! Slush cocktails are my new everything. Remove tea bags and stir in sugar. Pour this mixture into a freezer-safe baking dish that will hold at least 3 quarts. My book club loved it! To serve, put on the counter for 50 to 10 minutes. And I can drink it with Brooks! Divide between two glasses, and serve with a scoop of coconut sorbet on top of each. Oh, and one last thing. Chop with a wire whisk or potato masher to make a slushy consistency. Im totally making the non-alcoholic version for me and my kids! Im sharing it now because its also a refreshing libation for the warmer months ahead. Red, white, and green, this classic summertime drink is perfect for Christmas Day, only takes 5 minutes to throw together. Stir continuously and bring to a boil. We lived out of town and wed spend our visits treeing. If you're looking for a very simple recipe, this Christmas Slush Punch has only 3 ingredients: cranberry juice, orange juice, and lemon-lime soda. Arranging Tulips: Tips and Tricks for Beautiful Arrangements, Perfect Pittsburgh Cookie Table Recipes For Weddings. Fill an empty ice tray with Cheerwine soda. Quite honestly, there isnt much of a difference! In a large. Slush drinks are perfect for warm weather entertaining but theyre not something you will want to make ahead because they separate. Last Step: Don't forget to share! This adult slush drink is beautifully colorful, wonderfully bold and incredibly simple to make at home. The Bourbon Slush is simple to make: mix, freeze/blend, pour. I obviously did not partake in slushes when I was a kid, but now, as an adult, theyre a beloved holiday treat. Notice: JavaScript is required for this content. Privacy Policy. Hahaha. Delicious!). Well, youre in luck! Place in the freezer for 8. The juice inside there is the juice Im talking about. Faux Tropical Fizz 7. I am drooling over here! Together, they formed their blog to share simple, easy to prepare recipes their families enjoy and the occasional cocktail and dessert, too, so long as they dont take too much time. For more information about your data privacy, visit our This entails visiting friends and relatives to see their Christmas trees, play cards, snack, talk, and enjoy time together. Freeze for at least 8 hours, or until the mix becomes slushy. Not me!) Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 x 2 inch casserole dish. Skeptical about all that bourbon in the drink? In a large mixing bowl, combine the tea, lemonade, orange juice, pineapple juice and bourbon. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. That means youll need to prepare some things in advance. Gunner 16. TODAY'S HOURS8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST This adult slush drink is beautifully colorful, wonderfully bold and incredibly simple to make at home. ("https://app.slickstream.com","KR20VQTL"); function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} Darron Foys Flatiron Room recipe is a classic interpretation of the bourbon slush recipe: bourbon, lemonade, orange juice, black tea, sugar, and sour mix. This Bourbon Slush Recipe comes together in minutes. Bourbon Slush Recipe Tools and Ingredients 9 cups sparkling water or regular water 4 cups strong brewed sweet tea 2 cups of sugar 12 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate 3 cups bourbon 2 liters chilled ginger ale (for serving) Save that for sipping neat or on the rocks. Freeze until slushy Bourbon slush is also amazingly addictive! Yes, please! Any cheap kind will do here. Its cold, sweet, and has just the right amount of bite. Perfect for keeping on hand in case of impromptu parties and get togethers. Lookin for more boozy slushes? Wife, mother, photography nerd, and bacon lover! Allow to cool completely. If you want to host your people, you're in the right place! You do like a good drink, yes?). Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest // Twitter. Pour this mixture into a freezer-safe baking dish that will hold at least 3 quarts. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. My husband is dying to try it. A sweet, summer classic from our own Kentucky Derby Museum Cookbook: Makes 3 Quarts 2 cups of tea (2 cups of water and 2 small tea bags) 1 12-ounce can frozen lemonade, thawed 1 6-ounce can frozen orange juice 2 cups Kentucky bourbon 1 cup sugar 6 cups water Get your bourbon fix at the next summer cookout! This Cherry Cola Bourbon Slush is our favorite frozen cocktail! Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. Have you tried this recipe? I'm Amanda. Shirley Temple 3. Stir to get a slushy before serving. Connect with her on Instagram, Facebook, and at https://www.elizabethheiskell.com. I hope you were able to bring the ingredients for these slushes with you, Lisa, because I think they would be a perfect beach sipper, too! I believe that delicious meals should be easy to make. I picked up this blender on a whim, but its such a workhorse! Start by boiling 2 cups of water. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. This is such a fabulous drink! You want the slush to be firm but not frozen solid. The obvious solution: turn it into a slush. I usually serve Single Barrel, but for this recipe I opted for their standard recipe. Stir continuously and bring to a boil. In a large freezable container mix together the sugar and hot tea until the sugar dissolves. Fruity flavors usually work for one another quite well, so you could try using strawberry, mango, or even pineapple in place of the orange juice. And the one thing that you could always count on to be stocked in our Alaska-style walk-in freezer? Add 2 oz. Fill 4 glasses evenly with the frozen bourbon mixture and top with ginger ale to taste. This Frozen Old Fashioned Slush recipe takes the classic cocktail to a new, and dare I say it, much cooler level. Made with zero-proof spirits that taste like bourbon, this is a delicious non-alcoholic cocktail to enjoy all summer long. (And if you love slushy drinks like I do, check out this frozen screwdriver. Ive detailed exactly how to make it up in the variations of this recipe section. It couldn't be any easier either, plus it freezes beautifully. Made with cranberry juice concentrate, orange juice concentrate, and lemonade concentrate, this Cranberry-Orange Vodka Slush packs a punch! As Ive mentioned many times, I prefer Luxardo cherries. I have all my favorites for different types of drinks. Place the apple cider ice cubes in a high-speed blender. Freeze for 8 hours to overnight. Before we get into the recipe, let me tell you what youre going to need to make this delicious slush recipe. Discard the tea bags. 2 cups (480 ml) bourbon Fresca, Sprite or 7UP for serving Instructions In a large pot, bring the water and sugar to a boil over high heat. Step 4: ServeTo serve, rake the slush with a fork and scoop it into serving glasses. Make a non-alcoholic version or try them with bourbon. A bit of heat adds layers of complexity to the icy drink. Bring the taste of summer to Christmas with this Frozen Peach Slush. Its SO hot and this looks so perfectly refreshing! Your email address will not be published. Stir until well combined and freeze. Ingredients 2 cups ice 3 oz. Pour the bourbon mixture into a large freezer-safe container, and freeze until almost firm, about 8 hours or overnight. How to Make Frozen Meatballs Taste Delicious, Top 25 Non Alcoholic Party Drink Recipes (1), Frappe vs. Latte: 10 Key Differences + How to Make Them, Does Iced Coffee Go Bad? This makes a large batch and requires a large container or bag to store it in the freezer. If possible, stir the mixture with a fork once or twice while it freezes. As far as the juice is concerned, go for freshly squeezed whenever possible. About 1-2 hours before serving, remove from freezer. Stir in the bourbon. 2 cups strong-brewed tea. Serve with a straw. Store covered in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 24 hours. Notes The slush mixture can be frozen for 2-3 months. This makes a BIG batch. Stir until sugar is dissolved and freeze. What do you think about replacing it with lime sparkling water? Well, you dont need to wait until the holiday season to serve this cocktail recipe. Add fruit mixture to tea This version of the Bourbon Slush, comes courtesy of Will Shifrin, Senior Food and Beverage Operations Manager at the Hip Flask Rooftop Bar and Seventh State Restaurant and Lounge at Marriott Bethesda Downtown at Marriott HQ. Copyright 2023 Family Food on the Table. Get some plastic cups, cause you're gonna wanna take this drink for a summer stroll. Frozen cocktails have a special place in my heart, which is why Im so excited to share this Frozen Old Fashioned recipe with you. This will take about five minutes. Use whatever alcohol you have on hand! As always, feel free to be a bit more generous with this ingredient.Cover & place in freezer overnight to get your bourbon-infused slushy goodness.The next day, scoop the bourbon treat into a glass & garnish with pineapple chunks on a toothpick, or cherry. Here in central PA, many of us go treeing during the week of Christmas. Bourbon Slush. Im Kathryn Doherty, a cookbook author, mom of two, and devoted food and home cooking nut. or could also be dairy free, but with a product like almond, cashew or coconut milk that adds a creamy element. Get an ad-free ebook of my most popular recipes, plus be the FIRST to know about new things coming to the site! Garnish with a maraschino cherry, add some colorful paper straws and serve immediately! Why Citrus Matters So Much In Cocktails And How To Use It Right, Chef Alex Stupaks Dirty Rice Recipe Is A Perfect One-Pot Dinner. I just love the ice crystals in the slush paired with the sweet and rich flavors of an Old Fashioned. You should give it a try too. Fifteen minutes before serving, remove the dish from the freezer. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Step 4: Freeze. Great for frozen cocktails, smoothies, soups, and more! Cant wait to try it. So pretty and festive, this Sparkling Christmas Slush Drink makes some really amazing party drinks! Lori and Heather are have been friends since they met online during their pregnancies, and their friendship has turned into a sisterhood. Who doesnt love peachy goodness thats frozen? Putting boots and a jacket on our dog for each walk. I have the fondest memories of visiting family in Kersey and St. Marys. With black tea bags, lemonade, orange juice, and plenty of brandy, this Brandy Slush Recipe is the perfect slushie cocktail to pick you up with an energy boost on Christmas eve! Add the sugar and continue stirring until its fully dissolved. It's so easy and delicious! We called them slushes. The one that always comes to mind is a Slow Gin Slush. Frozen drinks are a summer staple for a reason: theyre easy to whip up and The margarita reigns over most blenders and few can deny the sublime indulgence of the Pia Colada. 2 liters ginger ale, chilled, for serving. To make this homemade bourbon slush recipe youll basically just dissolve sugar in hot black tea, allowing the tea to steep and sugar to dissolve. I can hear the crowds and feel the excitement. Lucinda Sterling, managing partner at Seaborne in Red Hook, Brooklyn, created a riff on the Bourbon Slush that adds both a tickle of fire courtesy of Ancho Reyes as well as some passion fruit liqueur for a nice punch. Wife, mother, photography nerd, and bacon lover! Cheers! Add ice to a blender, then top with coca cola, bourbon, and cherry juice mixture. Different kinds of citrus also punch up the flavor. There is none! You could also do a ginger ale. cup of sugar into 2 cups hot water. A fruity twistNot feeling the OJ? Top each off with lemon-lime soda. To learn more, read "Derby Dancing." This cocktail is so delicious! Joyful Healthy Eats Frozen Raspberry Peach Sangria This fruity sangria is the perfect way to cool down on hot summer nights. ). Preparation. You'll use frozen strawberries and freshly squeezed lemon juice for that bright, crisp strawberry lemonade flavor. Ready in just 10 minutes, these Cherry Bourbon Slushies require no additional freezing - just blended ice! Freeze for 8 hours to overnight. Add frozen orange juice soda . Were not mad, just disappointed. Hello, Amanda! Sidecar Mocktail 5. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. I have no photos of the apple cider bourbon slush making process because it's literally: Step 1: Pour tea into container. Thats so surprising! If you like slush recipes, let me know in the comments below, and Ill share others with you. window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; Make tea with boiling water. But you do need a large freezer-safe container and room in your freezer to store it. Add the lemonade concentrate and orange juice concentrate; stir until blended. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This is such a refreshing and unique cocktail. Which is sort of okay, because why drink juice from a frozen can when you can have it fresh and tasty? Tortuga 8. Combine all ingredients plus a heaping cup of ice in a blender and blend for 15-30 seconds. Make entertaining easy! LOVE it! Blend the ingredients together until smooth. "Delicious summer drink. Bourbon vs. I hope you and Brooks enjoy it as much as we did! The frozen drink is a heat-beating crowd-pleaser that hits all the right notes. gtag('config', 'G-K30K09VTH7'); Nojito 10. Enjoy! Combine the tea, bourbon, juices, and an extra cup of water (if too sweet or too alcohol heavy) in a large container. To serve, rake slush with a fork and scoop into four serving glasses. Stir in 3 quarts (12 cups) water. Follow me on Instagram, then share YOUR dish with #myIBC and tag @inspiredbycharm. My mom passed this recipe on to me. It won't freeze completely because of the alcohol, but it will get somewhat solid. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Brandon Robert Scandal, Stable Cafe, San Francisco Wedding, Articles V