Wrong flight info on Gate monitor (bermuda instead of burbank). ", "Great experience. I thought there has to be a sale at some point but not yet. I flew home on a hospitable airline JETBLUE. Not what youre looking for? Can't imagine why they assume everyone eats chicken. Prices and availability are subject to change. IN MY OPINION THIS WAS A SAFETY HAZARD. Take the E, J, and Z Trains to Jamaica Station if you are leaving Midtown Manhattan for JFK Airport. Told it had to go on next flight but one of us would have to fly with it. ", "The line for security was poorly managed, tried talking to multiple employees and they all ignored me, and on the plane there was no wifi, and I tried to flag down a flight attendant for water but they never came to the back of the plane. Didn't realize would have to go thru another TSA security check point. Condition of the plane and seats were good. Missed the connecting flight to Bucharest and part of vacation time. You can get East Caribbean dollars (XCD) at the currency exchange desks at Hewanorra International Airport upon your arrival in Saint Lucia. My vacation got screwed up. Positive feel. So we decided to wait until Jan 2012 Airport lounges are frequently regarded as one of the best places to unwind as passengers wait for their flights from the United States to Saint Lucia. United during peak season. I told her I still have 45 minutes to make it, and she rudely just tells me to get in another line to pay for a new ticket. Finally, they ran out of meals early on in the flight. Then I go running around looking for an agent. ", "After arriving at the airport more than 2 hours early and at the gate 30 min prior to departure, American Airlines never called last boarding call, not our names. $984. https://matrix.itasoftware.com/. WebVisitors choose cheap flights to Saint Lucia for the year-round sunshine, tropical atmosphere, and natural attractions. WebThe cheapest time to fly to St Lucia is in October. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. UVF Hewanorra Intl. Service was terrible in First Class. ", "The flight was on schedule and landed early, and the pilot landed that plane very gently. ", "Was late. Popular Flight Destinations in St. Lucia Our legs were extremely cramped by the time we got to Rome. This doubled my TSA wait time resulting in a 1hr 15 min wait for security. Best time to beat the crowds with an average 8% drop in price. Yes. ", "Seating was good Flight Attendants very accommodating and friendly Flight was beautiful and relaxing", "Left on time. Sit length was a little small. WiFi didn't work. The most convenient and closest airport to fly into departing from the United States is most likely the main Hewanorra International Airport (UVF). The food offered was not suitable for First Class - there was chicken and vegetarian option. There was room for carry-on bag this time. But replacement plane had fueling problems delaying the flight another 2 hours", "3.5 hour delay due to lack of co-pilot. ", "Everything was pretty good like usual, except when we landed we sat on the runway for 45 minutes waiting for a gate as ours was occupied by a plane that was having mechanical issues. Diane was beyond efficient and pleasant while maintaining a smile and grace, while a number of unattended children were onboard. Shouldn't have to do this though. No complaints. This airport is just about 16 miles from the Gros Piton peak. Enter your preferred departure airport and travel dates, Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews, "The media on this flight was a little outdated", "It was a short 2.5 hr flight. Widen your search for Boston Logan International to St Lucia Hewanorra flight deals by selecting the "add nearby airports" option. At this point it would be very hard to determine if there would be any type of price drop between now and then for the few seats left? ", "Leg room and personal item room under the aisle seat is good. ", "LGA, the start was delay because of traffic jamwe spent 1 hr in the plane taxing. Over 2hrs before they officially started serving main cabin drinks and snacks. I usually watch movies on my iPad but there was no wifi and the available TV shows were not to my taste, the screens were small and not clear. We both had paid for biz class. She just seemed like she hates her job. ", "The food/breakfast was poor. Also not clear until after food purchase that free snacks would be available throughout the flight. This is 2018, who doesnt have that??? ", "Many groups were not seated together. Confirm policies on booking site. Seat TV stopped working. more. Direct service in St. Lucia is available on many American flights. ", "I enjoyed the great service by the crew. Apr. My seat was changed, and that's fine - mostly because of the manner in which the crew at Pearson handled it. ", "They delayed the flight by 5 hours but forgot to tell everyone. You also might want to check seat availability on (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? What is most expensive are the flights to St. Lucia. No food on a cross country flight. The cheapest ticket to Saint Lucia from the United States found in the last 72 hours was $207 one-way, and $429 round-trip. When I spoke to others everyone told me they always have issues with AA. That was unfortunate but I do not know how Caribbean Airlines could help thatbut due to the large number of carryon luggage, we were forced to put our backpack under our seatsand that made for a most uncomfortable flight..I wish there was a way to parcel out overhead spacei checked my luggage due to space and others crammed in whatever they could", "The staff was very professional and served service with a smile. We landed very early. ", "Very impressed by JetBlues seats- feels bigger than seats for international flights!! Should be interesting to see how far they go up closer to these travel dates? For more affordable flights from the United States to Saint Lucia, look for routes with a layover before landing at Hewanorra International Airport (UVF). Is this normal? Spent an hour on line to figure out what to do. If the agents would have been around to help or been willing to help me from the moment I spoke to them this would not have been a problem. Otherwise smooth flight, great communication from the captain. WebRe: Why is St Lucia so expensive??? (Travel Guide). Because of that delay rather than getting home at the scheduled 2pm on October 3 I got there at 12am on October 4 2017", "My flight was cancelled due to weather (understandable) but jet blues customer service desk was very unfriendly and not helpful", "gate personnel were rude. Yes, you can find nonstop routes between the United States and Saint Lucia in the Caribbean year-round. The seats were extremely uncomfortable and there was no in seat entertainment, just overhead screens. The cost of the rental depends on whether they are in the centre of the island or outside the city centre. I considered that very rude! Also, thank you for leaving snacks out for us especially those who sleep through the meal service. I was displeased. Literally, every plane we were supposed to fly on had something wrong with it. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-85151276', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');flight cost is at a premium for Oct. on Sat-Sat. When flying to Saint Lucia, disabled passengers at the Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) can make use of a wide range of customized services in this airport. Search Saint Lucia flights on KAYAK. Your flight ticket could be expensive due to several factors including peak travel dates (like holidays), airline alliances or business deals with certain Travelers may be required to show a return ticket to the United States or at least an onward ticket out of Saint Lucia. Numerous cricket matches and other cultural events are held in this stadium, which entertains most tourists from UVF Airport. Seats were quite uncomfortable. My screen was broken and I was unable to access any movies or tv shows. No one had notified us of our new booking on a 9:10 flight to Boston. Surprised that airfare is so expensive if it's low season. Proof of anticipated departure is also needed. Its 2017 stop being cheap! A carry on and a handbag were also allowed which others don't. ", "I miss the wedding party I was the bridesmaid", "The flight was continuously delayed. The location of St Lucia located in the popular region of the West Indies makes it an expensive place to fly to. American Airlines online hung up on me after 24 minutes of being on hold. They made sure I was ok, provided snacks and drinks. The most popular route is New York - Castries with an average flight time of 4h 32m. ", "New plane with self service snacks and drinks. a sandwich might of been better than that disgusting hot food. My seat was very uncomfortable the entire flight. No good explanation given. The crew was not helpful in helping people with connections. Will never fly AA again. Our flight was from NY to Toronto and then connecting after a nine-hour layover from Toronto to London. ", "The sound on the movies, etc. thanks!! Why are flights to St Lucia so expensive? This is what we will be discussing in this article. When I boarded I mentioned that somehow I went from biz class to that and she retorted in a mocking tone "gee, don't know how that happened". ", "The ticket change without a fee. ", "Flight attendant relocated me to exit aisle (see below). Especially the lady at check-in. But not West Jet:s fault.Winfy in LGA. The competition has nothing compared to Delta. If you are going to change seat assignments then you need to notify the customer. For instance, the popular Reduit Beach and Rodney Bay are only about 6 miles away. No explanation given. With KAYAK you can also compare prices of plane tickets for last minute flights to anywhere in Saint Lucia from anywhere in United States. Lights being low or off is helpful for me to sleep. SLU, located on the outskirts of Castries on the north, serves all the inter-island flights. You might be seeing some far-more If so, what is the average cost of a week-long trip to this paradise, and how to cut down all the extra costs? This needs to change when the average seat is $800-900 and the flight holds 35 seats. at the airport I asked if my husband and I could be put together . ", "we order kosher food for the flights, on the first flight we recive only for 1 pessanger so on the way back we call few days before to the airlines company to confirm that is kosher food for both passengers and they confirm and again we didnt recive only 1 passanger recive for flight over 20 hours way to be with out food", "It airfare.I've never in my life had to deal with such an unprofessional company in my entire life! Compare multiple travel sites with one search. ", "A bit of disorganization in the row where they reviewed documentation and the suitcases of three machines to print passages only served 1", "Hilarious crew member. ", "Captain and crew were friendly and professional. I expected more from American since our 2hr flight from Orlando to JFK had working WiFi, power outlets and in-seat video monitors. Not the best JetBlue day. I brought it to the flight attendants attention however she wasn't able to reset it. Most popular time to fly with an average 14% increase in price. It is simply the best. ", "Inflight entertainment was relatively new and varied but remember to bring ur own headphones!! However, the major outstanding rule in most airports is that all pets must remain on their leashes throughout, unless when undergoing security checks or when utilizing pet relief areas. Because most of the north is tourist-oriented and over-developed with most everyone out to make a quick profit. Travel Style: Average Daily Cost Per person, per day EC$ 571 One Week Per person EC$ 3,999 2 Weeks Per person EC$ 7,999 One Month Per person Obviously, I like the newer planes and hope that the fleet will eventually be replaced entirely. In addition, I was traveling with a suitcase and nobody was able to pick it up for me. The cheapest month to fly from the United States is January. Saint Lucia is known for its Piton Mountains, drive-in volcano, and beautiful beaches. It is a popular vacation site and location for ex-pats to retire. But is St. Lucia expensive (or affordable)? The cost of living in St Lucia is relatively low compared to the United States and the United Kingdom. He chatted with another associate who irritably said "I hate when they do that, I'll go talk to the captain". Two unaccompanied minors in front of me was loud and always fighting. Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is Castries (100% of total searches to Saint Lucia). We will not be going too much into why are the flights so expensive but try to provide you with a definitive guide on the subject including the cheapest months to fly to St. Lucia. St. Lucia is one of the most expensive holiday destinations in the Caribbean. You might want to do a search with Matrix ITA for possible flight options (flowers, is this what you use? Flying from the east coast is also cheaper than flying from the west coast. It will take a minute or so to search, then display a calendar of fares. They were so unhelpful and unpleasant. I also had problems with the entertainment when trying to see movies. Flying into SLU or UVF doesn't matter much time wise, and SLU seems closer to Sandals La Toc. No thanks to the person at the terminal. Add hotel. Planes were landing and departing from Columbus just our flight got cancelled which made no sense. If you intend on renting a vehicle during your stay in Saint Lucia, you may check beforehand with your car rental agency to see if they can provide child seats. The round-trip airfare can range from somewhere around $900 to $1200 or more during the peak seasons. ", "Two hour delay between boarding and then sitting on the runway. In this article, we tried to understand why the flights to St, Lucia are more expensive than other Caribbean islands and how can one fly there for cheaper. Also rap music with bad language with children next to it is not a good idea. We had no overhead storage, which was already small, so we had to put our carry-ons multiple rows behind us -- which made exiting the plane a pain. Almost 4 hours into the flight on an overnight flight is really late! So, consider travelling in October or January, to beat the price surge as well as the crowd. An economy class round trip ticket can cost you anywhere between $900 to $1200. It's winter and we flew NY to Costa Rica, this is expecteddue to the wind, in the winter, in warmer climates. That's the polar opposite of so many airlines like Air Canada. It's a perfectly decent airline, you can read reviews at FlyerTalk, the Air Travel forum here and so on.. You'd have to be flexible with your dates at this point. The crew was better some times than others but I usually travel at night and try to get some sleep. Why are flights to St Lucia so expensive? on screen entertainment was great, and relieved to have charging inputs for my device in the seat. So essentially, you fly past St Lucia, into Trinidad, layover, then back up to St Lucia, making for a seriously long travel day. Tasted like leftovers. Customer service dealing with the delays was horrible. But who is in the mood to eat at 2 am? The people from the counter to the plane have been professional and courteous. You can also save with some of the other airlines if you fly on off peak days. I wish if they knew we were going to be delayed that they would let us just wait at the gate vs. suffer in the sauna plane. ", "Seat not as comfortable as a business class seat should be", "Pilot did an excellent job at departing and landing", "I appreciated the assistance that I got from the staff on the floor at the airport and the porter that helped to get my mother a wheelchair and get her from the car and checked in without much assistance from me. Everyone got a small plastic contained filled with macaroni in tomator sauce. Coupled with limited airlift, it's expensive. I know I heard about it on this forum a couple of years ago). Pilot said hello to me and my sister and we had a short chat, I felt very happy with the staffs friendliness and attentiveness. Daily expenses like food, travel and sightseeing can cost anywhere around $30 to $80, depending on what you eat and how to travel. Terrible customer service. Broken tv, I asked twice to be fix nothing was ever done. Once we finally got on the plane, we sat on the runway for an hour because there was some kind of TSA-related issue (awesome) and then the airport wouldn't let any planes take off inexplicably. Economy. there was no choice of movie because there was only the screen in the isle. Save. As happens, an 'aunt-like' woman was seated next to them, and again, Diane was an another in-charge auntie! ", "Flight cancelled due to weather that was never bad but on the potential of bad weather. ", "I upgraded my seats, but we still didnt get any extras for the price. Thus, the average cost of round-trip flights to St. Lucia can be anywhere between $900 to $1200 for economy class. My final dislike was that the beverage selection was limited. ", "Poorly organized departure lines had plane boarding late, resulting in a long wait on apron for takeoff slot. There were no power outlets, and we were never offered headphones, eye masks or ear plugs. The average round-trip airfare to St. Lucia can be anywhere from around $900 to $1200. ", "Flight was supposed to leave 5:45 PM , they let us board the plane right on time, then we stayed waiting on board for half an hour, there was zero communication from staff or the captain, then suddenly they asked us to leave for no reason whatsoever, we waited and waited, they decided to move us to Gate 1 instead and had us wait for four hours, they served us little food, and told us wait for AA to provide a new plane. Very poor overall. American Airlines is preferred above other airlines by the vast majority of Americans traveling to Saint Lucia with children for vacation. We got to our destination 12 hours later than we were supposed to. ", "Everything. The food was just awful. ", "On time, good breakfast and air hostesses were on point", "I really liked the fact that they were on time. Return flight landed 30 minutes early. In-flight entertainment system didnt function. Flight delayed an hour for no apparent reason. ", "Ground delay at JFK, no personal entertainment system", "We arrived back home in LA fine. They combined two lines into one giant line, putting the other line in front of my line. ", "Seats too small ant could not watch Movies beacause the screen was defective. I needed multiple pillows. Other airlines charge for everything. WebRoundtrip prices range from $270 - $1,219, and one-ways to St. Lucia start as low as $134. The big difference was the staff. The captain kept turning on the seat belt sign for the turbulence. PUT FAMILIES TOGETHER ON PLANES, ESPECIALLY IF THEY HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. ", "More information on the three-hour delay", "Everything. The woman next to me had given her seat up for a family to sit together, so it really was a chance encounter! Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia. While the Caribbean island is part of the hurricane belt, it doesnt see nearly as All in all, not the best experience", "No communication that flight was cancelled. St Lucia hotels range from $43 to $198 per night with an average of $74, while most vacation rentals will cost $180 to $460 per night for the entire home. The crew members were rude, unattentive and just bitter. The passengers were all super uncomfortable. WebThe busiest and the most expensive time to travel to St Lucia is from December to April. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The weather wasn't even that bad. The lady at the desk was rude about telling me I needed to consolidate my bags. you could tell the pilot was doing his best to avoid turbulence though & the staff were ultra professional. WebBook your flights to St Lucia. Travelers using USO LCO flight route should not worry about the safety of their animals when flying to Saint Lucia. Additionally, once we changed flights and had to go to Newark, it took an hour to print (yes, print) our new itineraries for United and then when the cab should have arrived immediately, we waited 45 minutes. I was not even greeted upon arriving at the counter first word out of his mouth was passport that's it. The seats are leather and have more room. WebFor example they are offering round trip at $299.00: $363.65 (total) p/p with tax and service. Over the past few years they have just been going up and up. I'm quite sure there was plenty of alcohol, but what about those customers who do not drink alcoholic beverages? Really? It was delayed 27 hours and the snow was not the only problem. Also love how refreshments are available to grab at anytime. ", "Most everything was excellent, however my 2 year old daughter's in seat entertainment screen wasn't working. Thank you Jet Blue ! Antigua or St. Lucia - Which one for wedding/honeymoon? ", "All was good, also of note is the flight was not full", "The staff at WestJet was very accommodating to me. Keep in mind, Caribbean airlines flies through Port-of-Spain, Trinidad. ", "Friendly Staff , quick boarding, flight ON TIME", "Loved the real trini food that was served outbound", "Food was too salty, passenger at the back had me uncomfortable kept hitting the seat, wish I had an option to asked to be move", "I didn't get my suitcase I was told I would get it later the same day That didn't happen The next day I was again told it would be delivered to to me It wasn't I had to call again the following day Absolutely ridiculous!!!! ", "Everything was great! Try booking your travel to St Lucia when fewer people are booking a vacation. Looking at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Layover time was 6 hours originally. It started with simply boarding. WebCheap round-trip flights to St. Lucia. Jalousie Reopening as The Tides, Sugar Beach. ", "This is my first time with the airline. So all in all my flight was okay, but that is solely because of the flight attendant and pilot. The forms were in Spanish and the staff could not translate. I was screamed and cursed at hung up on and also cancelled off my flight the morning of and then had to pay an additional $100 to get back onto the flight! If you use the bigger (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The food is always plenty and hot, and I really appreciate being given a whole bottle of water. flight attendants had no personality and didn't interact with passengers I will not fly with this company in the future. The Piton mountains are two volcanic spires located in the southwest region of the island of Saint Lucia. the food was horrible for dinner. The head rest was not adjustable, so I also found this to be uncomfortable. Airfare tends to be much more expensive during the busy seasons and holidays. ", "This plane has not been updated since before I was born. We sat at the gate, not knowing they had boarded, and tje plane departed unbeknownst to us. Same thing with coming back, a long layover in Texas. However, if youre going to the country as a tourist, you are going to pay more than what you pay in the US. Most economy travelers flying at SLC Airport choose to untangle in the Delta Sky Club as they wait for takeoff. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-85137064', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Airfare is fairly pricey to our island, and our "lovely" government keeps tacking on new fees and raising taxes. Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price. My row was skipped by the crew for snacks. Let us dive deeper into this topic. Unfortunately I will not be booking through kayak again in fear of having to deal with airfare. ", "I received adequate notification for check in and updates", "There was a slight delay though we managed to arrive on time", "Gave me accommodations for the night and rescheduled my flight. It usually takes about 45 mins to 1.5 hours to get through the security, customs, and covid screening at the airport. An average nonstop flight from the United States to Saint Lucia takes 10h 42m, covering a distance of 2228 miles. The airport with the most flight options between the United States and Saint Lucia is located at the southernmost point of the island. Fly into Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) and move around Saint Lucia from there. Prices and availability are subject to change. Incredibly bad. I like the fact that I can travel very early in the morning. ", "We flew from Rome to JFK and arrived at 12:40 pm only to find out that our 3:30 pm flight had been cancelled a long time ago. It was a 6am flight and mostly everyone was trying to sleep, but she was so loud that I gave up after trying to. WebAvoid traveling during the busy season such as March break, summer holidays and the big holidays. Since we could fly from Chicago-Aruba for less than $500pp and the flights would get us to our destination in 1 day I'm very surprised at the cost & times of a St. Lucia vacation. Very bad experience with Delta", "At least the plane didn't return to the gate and we departed 7 hours late. The groups near our seats rearranged ourselves so we could be by our family members, so it worked out. ", "The hours you fly are perfect for my business. Should they have automatically been assigned two seats together - they were unaccompanied. ", "plane shudder during flight. ", "Friendliness of customer service (phone), gate attendant and flight crew. Flight was low so very interesting to be below clouds and just above. An upgrade is possible based on availability.
Cities In Florida In Alphabetical Order, Fatal Car Accident San Antonio Today, Articles W