He formerly resided in the Willow Park II subdivision, located southeast of the Fort Bend Tollway and Beltway 8. Im so grateful, so thankful, so appreciative, Chinyoung said. We'd love to hear eyewitness There was a problem saving your notification. FBISD Assistant Superintendent Dr. Mark Foust presented "I have had a good run, with good coaches and good athletes. Its time for me to groom the next generation, teach them and have them playing at the level our coaches had us playing at in 95., Im excited to bring it back and put on that blue and silver, and represent my old high school, Penson said. Keep it Clean. 3: Click "Subscribe Now" to see a list of subscription offers. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles. Fort Bend Willowridge's stats have been entered for the 41-24 win @ Galena Park on 9/30/2022 7:00 PM. On 10/29, the Fort Bend Willowridge varsity football team lost their home conference game against Dayton (TX) by a score of 57-21. But my scheme fits what they need around them.. Quillin started his head coaching career at Nimitz in 1978. The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Thats the most exciting thing.. ", "He has been here a long time and would certainly be deserving of the job," Quillin said. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos. Stadium in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of the streets on the WHS campus was named in memory of former principal Edgar Glover, Jr. Glover, who served as principal between November 1982 until his death in April 1993. The Ramon Chinyoungs journey to the NFL was a roundabout one which took him on some detours. Sign In to access this content. "The next-smallest was 240. Sign in to comment to your favorite stories, participate in your community and interact with your friends. "I won't miss the off-the-field responsibilities. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. The only real difference is that it just so happens these kids are grown men When youre a former player and you start coaching, you think you know everything. "After coaching as long as I have, you go through some good and bad seasons," Quillin said. Penson Sr. graduated from the school in 1995, and he was Coaching high school football is all about the kids, and getting an opportunity to coach in the NFL is about the same thing, he said. It wouldnt be easy without being able to see your family face-to-face. "I won't rule out coaching again. WIN OR GO HOME: VYPE's Class 6A Softball bi-district prospectus, JUST GETTING STARTED: No. Im enjoying every minute of every day that Im here.. "I am going to miss the kids," he said. WHS athletes who have contributed to Super Bowl history and Teams 1990 team. But you have to learn to teach and how to deliver it to student athletes.. On 9/30, the Fort Bend Willowridge varsity football team won their away conference game against Galena Park (TX) by a score of 41-24. The following elementary schools feed into Willowridge: The following middle schools feed into Willowridge: Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. asking, What will your wall of honor be? "It was my decision," said Quillin, who has coached for 40 years and been a head coach for the past 26 seasons. My wife (Morgan) is a head volleyball coach (at Klein Oak), Chinyoung said. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items. (Photo from Twitter). I have a couple of friends who died and didn't get to enjoy retirement. Thomas, Buffalo Bills Super Bowl XXV, XXVI, XXVII and XXVIII Fort Bend Willowridge High School has named Fort Bend Hightower assistant head coach Kendron Penson as its next head football coach. In life, youre privy to work with people who are able to advance in their careers, and if you build quality relationships and do right by people, if youre doing the best to be the best you can be, if the opportunity ever presents itself, then theyll try their best to bring you along., Ramon Chinyoung.Randall Clark Photography. When I was here, we walked in and the first thing I saw were All-Americans who came through and paved the way. Everything you do is about relationships, and through those relationships, opportunities present themselves, Chinyoung said. 1 Concordia prepares to go the distance; Photo Gallery, VYPE HOU Public School Boy's Soccer Player of the Year Presented By Freddy's, BASES LOADED: A complete breakdown of Class 5A softball bi-district playoffs, VYPE Coaches Corner: Celine Markert Stratford Track Coach, 12PM - Baseball, Seeding Game: Friendswood vs. La Porte, 12PM - NFHS | 6A Softball Bi-district, Game 2: Memorial vs. Bellaire, 11AM - NFHS | 6A Softball Bi-district, Game 2: Stony Point vs. Dripping Springs, 10AM - 6A Softball Bi-district, Game 2: Travis vs. Cinco Ranch, 4PM - NFHS | 6A Softball Bi-district, 1-Game: Royse City vs. Sachse, 7PM - NFHS | 6A Softball Bi-district, Game 1: Bellaire vs. Memorial, 5PM - NFHS | 6A Softball Bi-district, Game 2 : Keller vs. Euless Trinity, 3PM - NFHS | 6A Softball Bi-district, Game 2: SA Johnson vs. Judson, 4:30PM - Baseball: Liberty Hill vs. Glenn, 2PM - Baseball: Dripping Springs vs. Anderson, 7PM - Baseball: Austin High vs. Del Valle, 7PM - NFHS | 6A Softball Bi-district, Game 1: Judson vs. SA Johnson, VYPE DFW 2022 Preseason Public School Softball Player of the Year Fan Poll presented Sun & Ski Sports, VYPE DFW Private School Marching Band of the Year Fan Poll presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors, VYPEU: Photo Gallery Creek win vs Spring Woods, VYPE Houston Friday Night Lights Scoreboard (9.3.21): Atascocita ends Allen's 122-game home winning streak, Full Scoreboard. And though the speed is faster than high school on the field, he said the importance of fostering those connections and learning from everyone around him remains constant. Boundary Planning and Enrollment Management, Extended Learning (Before & After School Programs), Social Emotional Learning & Enrichment Programs, Social Emotional Learning and Comprehensive Health, International Business and Marketing Academy, New Student Online Registration/Enrollment, Student/Parent Handbook and Code of Conduct, FBISD Aspiring Talent Answers (Applicant Playbook), Highly Qualified Paraprofessional Assessment - TM, Highly Qualified Paraprofessional Assessment, Substitute Applicants and Future Teachers, Three former Willowridge High School athletes make NFL Super Bowl High School Honor Roll, Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). Incredibly proud & happy for @RChinyoung !\n\n#Mustang4life #MustangTurnedBronco\n\n@Meeks38 @joeagleason @MarcG14Line @Matt_Stepp817pic.twitter.com/mgF4XntXkO, WIN OR GO HOME: VYPE's Class 6A Softball bi-district prospectus, JUST GETTING STARTED: No. Grady Cavness. Pro Football Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas was honored in Houston, Texas on Monday as part of the Hall of Fame and Allstate Insurance Companys Hometown Hall of Famer program. Fort Bend Willowridge's stats have been entered for the 50-6 loss @ Texas City on 10/14/2022 7:00 PM. On 10/14, the Fort Bend Willowridge varsity football team lost their away conference game against Texas City (TX) by a score of 50-6. Fort Bend Willowridge's stats have been entered for the 41-24 win @ Galena Park on 9/30/2022 7:00 PM. nation, and around the world, recognized in the program this year. Fort Bend Marshall 1 Fort Bend Willowridge 7 Final Box Score Mar 11, 2023 @ 1:16am Willowridge head football coach Ramon Chinyoung has taken a coaching position with the NFL's Denver Broncos. (former FBISD Athletic Director), and Honoree Allen Aldridge. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism Watch this highlight video of the Fort Bend Willowridge (Houston, TX) football team in its game Dayton High Grateful for guys like Corby Meekins (tight ends coach at the University of Houston), who was my high school head football coach and gave me my first job in coaching. The 5-foot-11, 170-pounder completed 56.5 percent of his passes for 2,488 yards and 21 touchdowns to just five interceptions, while rushing for 257 yards and six more touchdowns. Willowridge is Pensons first head coaching job. Wills Hands Off Duties as Barons Football Head Coach. I always told people my daddy coaches for an NFL team, R.J. told his father on Thursday. that is degrading to another person. Port Neches-Groves 2022 on Oct 7, 2022. Willowridge as a TEA 2015 School of Distinction. I am not going to close the door on anything.". person will not be tolerated. Her father was a coach of Texas high school football for 39 years. Honoree Thurman Thomas presents an NFL Golden Football to Willowridge into the NFL Super Bowl High School Honor Roll were: Allen Website design & development by americaneagle.com copyright 2021 Pro Football hall of fame all rights reserved, Enshrinement Week Powered by Johnson Controls, Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic. There was a problem saving your notification. (presenting on behalf of Honoree O.J. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, Bond Projects by School Printable PDF available on 2023 Bond Webpage. Port Neches-Groves 2022. Willowridge High School (Houston) The school, located in the Blue Ridge area, has a predominately African-American student population. [citation needed] The school serves many areas of northeast Fort Bend County east and north of FM 2234, and a section of Houston inside Fort Bend County, including the neighborhoods of Briargate, Chasewood, Coach Ramon Chinyoung looks on during a Denver Broncos practice on April 27. student progress made on the STAAR test, proving that the students are well on their way to paving a road to excellence. These kids now probably dont understand or know about the dominant Willowridge tradition that we have here, said Penson, referring to a program that won the 1982 Class 4A state championship and counts former NFL players like Thomas and Arbuckle, among others, as alumni. High School Football Booster Club. As a result, hes not taking anything for granted in his new position. (President 34/80 Group, Public Speaker, Buffalo Bills Ambassador and That, for me, is when it sunk in, Chinyoung said. Penson Sr. graduated from the school in 1995, and he was also a member of the Willowridge squad that made it to the area round of the playoffs. Willowridge High School Alumni Network, Darul Arqam School (South/Everest Acad. WebCoach Capraro was inducted into the New Jersey Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 1993. Additionally, the District does not discriminate against an employee or applicant who acts to oppose such discrimination or participates in the investigation of a complaint related to a discriminatory employment practice. Be Proactive. "I have two young grandchildren, and, my wife and I like to travel. Chinyoung, the former head coach at Willowridge High School from 2020-2021, has been serving as a Broncos quality control coach since February. setting personal goals. By joining the DCTF family you'llgainaccess to all of our exclusive content and have our magazines mailed to you! accounts, the history behind an article. The Fort Bend Independent School District, an Equal Opportunity Educational Provider and Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability and/or age, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment decisions. Since February, the 34-year-old Chinyoung has been serving as a quality control coach for the Denver Broncos while also assisting with the offensive line. In 2001, the band participated in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and in the summer of 2005, the Willowridge Band vacationed in Honolulu, Hawaii, a rarity for high school bands. Class, meaning the best of its kind. In taking over at his alma mater, Penson, Class of 1995, is glorifying the past. He was a varsity football player and varsity baseball player over there, and he gave that up to come play for his pops, Penson said. WebThe newspaper also selects a USA Today High School Football Coach of the Year. Watch this highlight video of the Fort Bend Willowridge (Houston, TX) football team in its game Nederland High School on Sep 22, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Fort Bend Willowridge (Houston, TX) football team in its game Santa Fe High School on Nov 4, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Fort Bend Willowridge (Houston, TX) football team in its game Dayton High School on Oct 29, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Fort Bend Willowridge (Houston, TX) football team in its game Texas City High School on Oct 14, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Fort Bend Willowridge (Houston, TX) football team in its game Port Neches-Groves High School on Oct 7, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Fort Bend Willowridge (Houston, TX) football team in its game Recap: Willowridge vs. Santa Fe 2022 on Nov 4, 2022. Willowridge High School is a public high school in Houston, Texas, United States and part of the Fort Bend Independent School District. He had helped install a culture of winning and success during his short time with the Eagles, going 11-8 and making the playoffs in 2020. Chinyoung, the former head coach at Willowridge High School from 2020-2021, has WebFort Bend Willowridge Eagles Class: 5A Division II DCTF High School Ranking: NR Location: Fort Bend, Texas 2022 District 9-5A Division II Standings Team District Record Overall Record Next Opponent Fort Bend Marshall Buffalos 7 - 1 12 - 2 Idle Port Neches-Groves Indians 7 - 1 13 - 2 Idle Dayton Broncos 5 - 2 7 - 4 Idle Quillin played football and threw the shot put at Jacksonville High School before graduating in the spring of 1962. Willowridge alumus named schools new football coach, By Landan Kuhlmann I feel very good about what has happened (over the last 40 years). Controlled aggression, controlled soldier.. He then opened Willowridge High School in 1979. They have consecutively won 1st place at the MLK Battle Of The Bands and All-American Battle Of The Bands. Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. All of that factored into this decision. Charles Arbuckle. School; Dr. Mark Foust, Assistant Superintendent; Coach John Pearce He was on the same coaching staff with new Broncos offensive coordinator Justin Outten at Westfield from 2012-2016, and said Outten is the one who made him aware of the Broncos opening in the first place. The school is also renowned for its basketball program. Its exciting, its a joyful moment waking up every day, he said. I want to thank Old Spice for making this possible.. happen., Honoree Coincidentally, an elementary school named in Edgar Glover, Jr's honor opened on August 17, 1994 [(Opened fall 1992 [3])]. Former Willowridge football coach enjoys new beginnings in NFL, DACAMERA to present performance inspired by 'Sugar Land 95', Stafford Council to reconsider Juneteenth concert proposal on May 3, Sugar Land council to hold public hearing on The Pearl at Lake Pointe proposal, Sugar Land P&Z Commission to consider rezoning proposal, redevelopment focus. Brigance), Honoree Thurman racist or sexually-oriented language. Willowridge went 4-5 last season, missing the playoffs for the first time in four years. Footballs as part of the NFL Super Bowl High School Honor Roll And so far, he has had to do it without his family by his side, which he admitted wasnt the easiest thing. "He was a big fan. You have permission to edit this article. Performance meets portability with Apple's 2023 MacBook Pro. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. WebFort Bend Willowridge football highlights Dayton High School. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); One of the first things Kendron Penson did after he was hired as Willowridges football coach earlier this month was retrieve pictures from a cabinet. The Class of 2007 enshrinee received a warm welcome at his alma mater, Willowridge High School. Appreciative of guys like Coach Javid Milton, who Ive worked so closely with my entire coaching career. Stats are entered by the coach or designated team statistician in the admin. He succeeds Ramon Chinyoung, who left after two seasons to take an assistant offensive coaching job with the Denver Broncos. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles. In 2001, the men's team accomplished the rare feat of having two McDonald's All-Americans in Daniel Ewing and T. J. Ford, who went on to play for Duke University and Texas, respectively. But he always had his eye on getting to the NFL, and said he jumped at the chance when it became available a few months ago. He replaces Ramon Chinyoung, who left after last season to take a coaching job with the NFLs Denver Broncos. It was a short time later that he was offered (and accepted) the job. He will officially retire on June 30, 2005. initiative. FBISD exists to inspire and equip all students to pursue futures beyond what they can imagine. Key Texas high school football games, computer rankings, statewide stat leaders, schedules and scores - live and final. [4], Circa 2018 Jay Shells, a New York City graphic designer, installed a sign referring to a Z-Ro rap song which talks about the school at the school entrance. Thats what we want. [2] Willowridge was the second (racially integrated) high school opened in FBISD.[3]. The school serves many areas of northeast Fort Bend County east and north of FM 2234, and a section of Houston inside Fort Bend County, including the neighborhoods of Briargate, Chasewood, Willow Park II, Mayfair Park, Ridgemont, Ridgegate, and Briar Villa. January 10, 2022. He was, also, inducted into the New Jersey Scholastic Coaches WebHead Coach Brian Hall Assistant Coach Latest Updates 7-1 (W) FBWHS vs. Fort Bend Marshall On 3/10, the Fort Bend Willowridge varsity soccer team won their home conference game against Fort Bend Marshall (Missouri City, TX) by a score of 7-1. On and on. Threats of harming another This is an incredible day for Willowridge, said Principal Photo He was an all-first team All-SWAC selection twice while being honored as a first team All-Louisiana player in 2009. Texas football recruiter Bobby Jack Wright knows that signing season can make or break a team SI Staff TABLE OF CONTENTS ORIGINAL LAYOUT Tuesday, Jan. 17. The school also serves the Fort Bend County portion of Shadow Creek Ranch, a community within the city of Pearland [2]. Quillin, who guided Humble to district titles in 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2001 and 2002, said he is going to miss the camaraderie with the players. This article is available to our Digital Subscribers. He weighed a "robust" 215 pounds at the time. Sign in to comment to your favorite stories, participate in your community and interact with your friends. Recruiting his kind of guys, Penson said. Thats my guy, and I wish him the best and I hope Ive provided him with everything he needs to be successful as a Texas high school football coach.. Such information includes team info, standings, This era also produced other NFL players such as O. J. Brigance, Charles Arbuckle, Allen Aldridge, Selwyn Jones and Stanley Petry. WebGridiron New Jersey provides the most complete and accurate information about New Jersey high school football teams. Kendron Penson is back at his alma mater, this time at the helm of the Willowridge football program. ", "I have never had time to play golf and enjoy it," he said. 2007 NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame Inductee). Football Coach and Athletic Coordinator at Bush High School), O.J. He then went on to play defensive tackle at Stephen F. Austin. Behind an offense that rolled up 483 yards in the first half alone, Texas City improved their record to 4-3 with a 50-6 dismantling of overmatched Fort Bend Willowridge. -Buy-in as a student-athlete \n-Give back & serve as a leader in your community\n-Major opportunities will present themselves!\n\nThat\u2019s how it\u2019s done! This school is well known for its marching band, known as the "Mighty Eagle Marching Band." Whether youre shopping Way Day 2023 or Walmart, theres an al fresco set for you. And although that wasnt at the time what God had for me, the opportunity and new beginnings that I have now to be here is amazing. Jack Marrion Show More Show Less 5 of 12 Student-athletes from Willowridge High School take part in Fort Bend ISD's National Signing Day celebration, Feb. 1 at Hopson Field House in Missouri City. Don't Threaten. ", "There are more single-parent situations today," he said. "But I guess that will be up to the committee.". 5: WebNCSA College Recruiting (NCSA) is the nations leading collegiate recruiting source for more than 500,000 student-athletes and 42,000 college coaches. Abbott, FBI announce rewards for info on Cleveland mass shooter, Massive ranch up for sale near Texas next big state park, 3,800-acre San Antonio-area property to become Texas state park, Texas man catches giant alligator snapping turtle, releases it, Former KPRC 2 anchor Dominique Sachse to launch podcast Monday, Uber ranks Houston among most 'forgetful' U.S. cities, Texas to host national hot air balloon championship this summer, Report: Texas man took break from dinner date to kill man outside, One of Houston's tallest skyscrapers to become apartment complex, J.J. Watt tweets the 2 things he doesn't miss about Houston, You can own your own cave system for a cool $875k, home included, Texas college baseball player hit by stray bullet mid-game, Greg Abbott announces $50k reward for information on Cleveland shooting, Massive Coastal Bend ranch up for sale near Texas next big state park, Property north of San Antonio set to become a new Texas state park, Texas man catches massive alligator snapping turtle, then releases it back into the wild, How former KPRC 2 anchor Dominique Sachse is getting back to reporting, Uber ranks Houston among the most 'forgetful' U.S. cities. Shown (from left) are Joseph Chandler, Principal of Willowridge High Edgar Glover, the late great former Willowridge principal, preached class and character when Penson was a student-athlete roaming the halls. As the assistant coach last year, he helped guide the Hurricanes to an 11-3 season and a berth in the Region III-5A final against eventual state champion Katy Paetow. each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Houston Civic Symphony to present season finale in Sugar Land, List of Must-Celebrate Events and Observances Happening in May 2023, Children's author Derrick Barnes to keynote FBISD's Bookapalooza on April 29, Early voting in local elections continues through May 2, Fort Bend ISD candidates forum to be held April 12, Review: Original German Doner Kebab offers unique take on an old taste, Early voting in May 6 local elections begins Monday, Elkins High School teacher removed from classroom after misconduct allegation, UH Sugar Land to host film and dance performance about 'Sugar Land 95'.
Falkirk Wheel Tours From Edinburgh, Pacifica Glow Baby Body Peel, Articles W