Mark Lawrence was one of two crew members there for every performance during the production. 'This girl actively maintained and pursued a friendship. Post continues below. 'I was not persuaded that there was evidence of motive, or that the complaints were made for reason of career ambition or any other such reason.'. 'When the story first broke and I went shopping for my dear mum, a woman spotted me in the shop and called her two kids over [to her]. Moment commuter blasts eco-zealots, Unseen footage of Meghan Markle during her teenage years, Russian freight train derails and bursts into flames after explosion, Royal superfans camping on The Mall ahead of King's Coronation, Historic chairs to be reused by the King for the coronation service, Women's rights activists and pro-trans campaigners separated, Saboteurs wreck Russian train cut power cables 37mi from Ukraine, Braverman: People crossing Channel are 'at odds with British values', Cambridge students party in the park during annual celebrations, Devastating tornado picks up car and hurls it through air in Florida, Student kicked out of school for 'there are only two genders' t-shirt, Hundreds of Household Division members rehearse for coronation. The one I worked with for two years? Has Craig McLachlan learned anything from this undoubtedly difficultexperience? 'She ran out of a caf on the corner in Potts Point in Sydney. Sign up here. Melanie Tait (@MelanieTait) May 16, 2021. In this post-Weinstein hashtag-me-too world-gone-mad, I can't win,' he said. Craig McLachlan sits down for first tell-all interview after being I burst into tears and I rang Nessa and said "How am I going to survive this? He had endured months of scrutiny which saw him and his partner Vanessa forced to make their way through media packs outside of a Melbourne court. Post continues below. Mr Maddren decided to change the scene and not point his finger at the star. Nadine Garner: "Why I haven't spoken to Craig McLachlan!" We don't know. The result was an entirely bizarre and unhelpful 90-minutes of television. "What a f*cking joke," he says. 5:24PM May 17, 2021. Across fashion, footwear, homewares and health; cruises, tours and package holidays; news, views and media. The co-editor of TV news website TV Blackbox also weighed in on the production of the interview: Entertainment reporter Peter Ford said the interview raised compelling questions. Marta Jary For Daily Mail Australia She felt that McLachlan would have known that she felt very uncomfortable and seemed to be enjoying that fact. She said she never had a shadow of a doubt about her partners innocence. Hayes was wearing underwear and covered by a sheet. 'That broke my heart. '[The girl who] texted us continually? McLachlan said the ordeal made him contemplate suicide, revealing that he contemplated the unthinkable my family would be better off without me. The explosive interview with Craig McLachlan, acquitted . Craig McLachlan to return to performing as social media reacts to TV The former Neighbours star sat there and contemplated taking his own life, six months after facing sexual harassment allegations from his former co-stars in a popular musical. But once McLachlan argues thatthose remarks were just a result of the 'Vinestein' context (he really does say Vinestein instead of Weinstein, as in Harvey Weinstein, at one point), we move on to the issue that upsets him the most: the friend who betrayed him. I can't win. The defamation trial had been postponed until the criminal proceedings in Melbourne finished and is now expected to proceed. "We have no idea what is to come of that, or where he stands. McLachlan ranted, in tears, before his partnerScammell attempted to soothe him, and asked the interview to be cut. Their second smoking gun is audio of a senior Fairfax journalist saying (again, out of context), "ultimately, we want him (McLachlan) out of that job.". I made some miscalculations in weight and how I attempted to deal with things. As far as capitulations go, they dont come much bigger than actor Craig McLachlan abandoning his high-profile defamation case and agreeing to pay the $2 million-plus costs of The Sydney Morning Herald and the ABC. TVNZ TVNZ will air Spotlight: Craig McLachlan, an "explosive" interview with the Australian actor acquitted on sexual assault charges. McLachlan says he hasn't worked since, and tells a story about how the day after 7.30 aired, a woman shielded her children from him in a shop. Backlash against actor Craig McLachlan and Channel 7 erupted on Twitter hours before a scheduled tell-all interview on Sunday night, which continued during its screening. Craig McLachlan outside a Sydney court. Marta Jary For Daily Mail Australia 'I was not persuaded that there was evidence of motive, or that the complaints were made for reason of career ambition or any other such reason.'. 'When the story first broke and I went shopping for my dear mum, a woman spotted me in the shop and called her two kids over [to her]. or Won't I? Craig McLachlan Net Worth 2022, Age, Wife, Children, Height - Apumone The defence document further alleges that at the end of three days of filming, Ms Hayes farewelled some of the cast and crew and left the studio to walk towards her car in the parking lot. If you're based in Australia, please contactLifeline13 11 14 for support orbeyondblue1300 22 4636. Key points: The media's barrister depicted McLachlan as someone who took his frustrations out on his co-stars In December, a Melbourne magistrate found Mr McLachlan not guilty of seven indecent assault charges and six common assault charges relating to his alleged conduct towards four women while playing the starring role of Frank-n-Furter in The Rocky Horror Show. To prepare for his criminal trial, McLachlan filmed videos at home re-enacting how the scene was played, showing the proportions of the bed set 'to the centimetre', including the height of bed doona. Completely putting aside the validity of his response to these allegations, it is objectively bizarre to turn them into a performance. It was a bit of a sight gag, she said. In early 2018 we finally published a series of articles that revealed McLachlans arrogant belief that he could abuse women and get away with it without scrutiny or accountability. Craig McLachlan thanks supporters after his Channel Seven interview It's unclear whether it's evidence of the ABC 'coaching' victims, or simply a producer helping a woman paraphrase what she's been trying to say. For more from Clare Stephens, you can follow her on Instagram. The document alleges Mr McLachlan was angry, kicked a rubbish bin and yelled the words, "You are a bunch of untalented and ungrateful c****!". It is outrageous. Subscribe for free to get the latest breaking news and analysis sent to your inbox. The 55-year old actor is now suing the ABC, Fairfax (now part of Nine) and an actress for defamation over 2018 reports that he indecently assaulted, harassed and bullied his fellow cast members. My family will be better off without me." I was fearing the worst, said the multifaceted performer Daniel Thompson, who on Thursday became the second witness to testify to worrying that the actor could take his life. "I never behaved in a fashion that was disproportionate to what was going on around me.". Several women Christie Whelan Browne, Erika Heynatz and Angela Scundi who had been subjected to McLachlans appalling behaviour during The Rocky Horror Show spoke to the Herald and the ABC in 2018 so that young women who were about to work with McLachlan on a new Rocky show would not have to go through what they did. pasquale antonio (@pas3p3) May 10, 2021. 13:43 BST 17 May 2021. He explains that "this girl actively maintained and pursued a friendship," after he worked with her on Grease, and then the Rocky Horror Show. RELATED: McLachlans courtroom singing unnecessary. Watch McLachlan v ABC We address allegations an ABC producer 'coached' Craig McLachlan's female accusers during a TV interview. Image: Seven. Without context, this footage is confusing. But like most of this show, thepointis buried in the distraction of performance. 'From my point of view from where he was positioned at that particular time, he could not move across because at that time, theprosthetic leg was passed through and then passed back. What? Actor Craig McLachlan is set to return to performing, more than 3 years after allegations surrounding The Rocky Horror Show in 2014 made headlines.. McLachlan will star as Hank Williams in a one man play, Nobody Lonesome For Me, to be directed by Terry Serio in Adelaide later this year. The former Neighbours star sat there and contemplated taking his own life, six months after facing sexual harassment allegations from his former co-stars in a popular musical. We're shown behind-the-scenes footage of the ABC interviews - that aired on the 7.30 Report in 2018 - stopping and starting. According to the ABC, just 24 hours prior to the release of the Channel 7 interview, McLachlan was hit with fresh allegations of sexual harassment and bullying on the set of The Doctor Blake Mysteries TV series, as well as during The Rocky Horror Show. By Justice Carolyn Simpson replied: Misogynys perhaps not the best word to use, but, I mean, essentially the case is about Mr McLachlans attitude to women and his treatment of them . On the Sunday night, before the 7.30 Report ran on Monday January 8, 2018, McLachlan says he stood on stage at the Rocky Horror Show and heard the crowd's cheers. Over an hour and a half, Seven aired an interview with the actor and his partner, pianist and conductor Vanessa Scammel, alongside diary-style footage taken over the last few years, about the serious criminal charges that (almost) cost him his career. Really? During the interview McLachlan, 55, spoke about the allegations of sexual harassment, which have plagued him since 2018. What is strange is that in contrast to the sombre tone of McLachlan's disclosures about his mental health, we're suddenly told he and Vanessa decided to 'fight', and shown a montage of them at the gym and also McLachlan physically punching a bag. In many parts, it felt like an infomercial for McLachlan, rather than a defence. Ms Steele was asked to drive Mr McLachlan to Melbourne Airport at the end of a costume fitting at Southbank. In this post-Weinstein hashtag-me-too world-gone-mad, I can't win,' he said. That man will never again hold the regard of women. Mr McLachlan was not part of the scene and was asked to attend hair and makeup. The defence document alleges that during the scene, Mr McLachlan continued to whisper further comments to the effect that Ms Hayes was beautiful. Seven Network's tell-all interview with actor Craig McLachlan found not guilty of seven indecent assault charges in December was the fourth-most watched program on . Look what they're done. She described the four complainants as brave and honest witnesses who had not colluded and were not motivated by career ambition. The defamation trial had been postponed until the criminal proceedings in Melbourne finished and is now expected to proceed. Before the interview had even begun, furious viewers took to social media to slam both the actor and the TV station and continued throughout the screening, with many saying they had to change the channel.
Atlas Missile Silo Locations Texas, Accela Detroit Login, Exit: The Secret Lab Walkthrough, Negative Campaigning Pros And Cons, Articles C