", The China Royal fashion founder added, "Have we made mistakes? He rankled sensibilities when he penned the book Just Give Me the Damn Ball: The Fast Times and Hard Knocks of an NFL Rookie after his first year in the game. Maia, as my first born child, has been the joy of my, and her Mother Shikiris, life. Published on March 15, 2021 10:43 PM Former NFL receiver Keyshawn Johnson's oldest daughter, Maia, has died. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. single family homes for rent in hamden, ct recent deaths in greenfield,ca Menu . He also cohosts a weekday morning show with Jay Williams and Zubin Mehenti called Keyshawn, JWill & Zubin. A Los Angeles native, Johnson played for the Trojans in 1994 and 1995 and was twice recognized as a consensus first-team All-America selection. She came into our lives just as we were both coming of age as adults and has been a constant beloved presence for both of us. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Keyshawn Johnson is mourning the death of his daughter, Maia Hightower-Johnson, who has died at. "We went from inconspicuously driving you around campus in a beat up used Honda to life in a fish bowl, all eyes on us, without us truly understanding what that meant. https://t.co/tQFc6R6Txk. Shikiri, Maia's siblings, our family and me appreciate your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. Thank you all, God Bless. Thank you all, God Bless. Maia's mom, Shikiri, is afashion entrepreneurand studiedbroadcast journalism at USC. All rights reserved. A former USC star and the first-overall pick in the 1996 NFL Draft, Johnson spent four impressive seasons with the Jets before failed contract negotiations led to him being traded to the Buccaneers. Johnson also has two . Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. "We also all appreciate your support and respect for our privacy as we move forward," Johnson wrote. 2023 E! Johnson, a football analyst and morning radio host for ESPN, did not reveal the cause of death. Johnson played 11 seasons in the NFL before retiring in 2007. We went from inconspicuously driving you around campus in a beat up used Honda to life in a fish bowl, all eyes on us, without us truly understanding what that meant. The pair tied the knot in 1998 but got divorced in 2002. The oldest daughter of former NFL player and current ESPN commentator Keyshawn Johnson has died. FORMER NFL player Keyshawn Johnson has announced the tragic news of the death of his daughter on social media in a heartbreaking post. Hightower has not publicly commented on Maias death. Maia, as my first born child, has been the joy of my, and her Mother Shikiris, life," the former NFL star wrote. Keyshawn Johnson was the No. "Thank you all, God Bless.". ", She continued by calling her "fearless", "beautiful", "intelligent", "well-traveled", "resourceful" and her "mini-me.". recent deaths in greenfield,ca ; david custom knives . She was. The football promarriedJennifer Johnsonin 2014. She said: "Maia, 22 years ago, your dad and I proudly brought you into this world. For every pain, remember, it's strengthening you, making you better, stronger. Copyright 2022 Rolling Out. Continue to follow your light. ", ESPN released a statementin support of Keyshawn, whonow works anESPN analyst. Keyshawn, who currently works as a radio host for ESPN, announced the tragic death of Maia on Twitter. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. She was 25. section: | slug: keyshawn-johnsons-daughter-maia-johnson-dies-at-25-we-are-heartbroken-and-devastated | sport: football | route: article_single.us | 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. The cause of. It said: "Our thoughts are with Keyshawn and his family as they deal with this unthinkable tragedy. It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news about the passing of my beautiful Daughter Maia, he wrote. 1 overall pick out of the University of Southern California by the New York Jets in 1996. Johnson has three other children,Keyshawn Jr., London, and Vance. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. What happened to Keyshawn Johnson's daughter? He continued: "She came into our lives just as we were both coming of age as adults and has been a constant beloved presence for both of us. "It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news about the passing of my beautiful Daughter Maia," Johnson wrote on Twitter. In a series of Twitter posts on Monday evening, March 15, 2021, the former All-Pro wide receiver conveyed that Maia had been the joy of his and her mother Shikiris lives. IE 11 is not supported. I was 19, a sophomore at USC, your dad was 22, like you are today. We are heartbroken and devastated by her loss.". "It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news about the passing of my beautiful Daughter Maia. We also all appreciate your support and respect for our privacy as we move forward. Shikiri, Maia's siblings, our family and me appreciate your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. This station is part of Cox Media Group Television. ", "We are heartbroken and devastated by her loss. March 16, 2021 / 4:30 AM / KCAL News. She was 25. ", The athlete concluded his message by saying, "We also all appreciate your support and respect for our privacy as we move forward. Your source for entertainment news, celebrities, celeb news, and celebrity gossip. He has the full support of his ESPN family.". It does not store any personal data. You are destined for greatness.". Shikiri, Maia's siblings, our family and me appreciate your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. It said: "Our thoughts are with Keyshawn and his family as they deal with this unthinkable tragedy. LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) Keyshawn Johnson, retired NFL and University of Southern California football star, Monday announced the death of his daughter Maia. Johnson has three other children, Keyshawn Jr, London, and Vance. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. He said: "It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news about the passing of my beautiful Daughter Maia. You are destined for greatness.". We are heartbroken and devastated by her loss.. He has the full support of his ESPN family.". The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". *Terms apply. All Rights Reserved. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Sports reports. Our once private dysfunction was suddenly on blast, all of it playing out as folk's entertainment. No cause of death has been given for Maia Johnson. Maia, as my first born child, has been the joy of my, and her Mother Shikiris, life, the 48-year-old Johnson wrote on Twitter. Former NFL wide receiver and current ESPN analyst Keyshawn Johnson announced the passing of his eldest daughter, Maia, on Monday night. "It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news about the passing of my beautiful Daughter Maia," he wrote, calling his first born child "the joy" of his life. He tweeted, "Maia, as my first born child, has been . Souness fights back tears as he announces emotional retirement on Sky Sports, Sky Sports' Martin Tyler slammed for 'racist' comment about Spurs star Son, Iconic high street favourite to return after 4 years as shoppers 'can't wait', Olly Murs breaks down on stage over Caroline Flack 'regret', News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. He has the full support of his ESPN family.. 1:57 pm ET, Chiefs' Hunt believes Mahomes will always be underpaid, How Cowboys' VP sold team brass on drafting Mazi Smith, 2023 NFL Draft: Six things experts got wrong, NFL fifth-year option tracker: Decisions on 2020 class, NFL Draft grades, best pick for all 32 teams, sked date, How Lions paved way for Eagles to land D'Andre Swift, Keyshawn Johnson's daughter, Maia, dies at 25, Prisco's draft grades for all 32 teams: Eagles ace it, 2024 mock: Williams No. He has the full support of his ESPN family., Statement from ESPN on the passing of Keyshawn Johnson's daughter, Maia: "Our thoughts are with Keyshawn and his family as they deal with this unthinkable tragedy. Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson is mourning the loss of his daughter Maia. In mid-March, Keyshawn Johnson, another former star wide receiver for Gang Green, released a statement announcing 25-year-old daughter, Maia Johnson, had died. She was 25. We are all behind you during this tough time. She was 25. The former NFL wide receiver shared the tragic news with his followers on Monday, March 15 . ", Details surrounding his daughter's death were not made clear, but the former wide receiver said his family is "devastatedby her loss. Keyshawn Johnson is mourning the death of his daughter, MaiaHightower-Johnson, who has died at age 25. Maia was Johnson's first-born child with ex-wife Shikiri Hightower. "Four months later, your dad became the number one draft pick, our lives were forever changed. Ricky Ross has a handle on good business practices, Michael Maliakel and Dennis Stowe discuss diversity of Aladdin Broadway cast, Afro B taps into his traditional sound with latest song Casamigos, Timbaland was inspired by Mother Nature for some of his biggest hits, Beauty entrepreneur Aaliyah Thompson named a McDonalds Change Leader, Larenz Tate thinks Hollywood values Black British actors more. Celebrity Deaths in 2021 Read article "It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news . Keyshawn Johnson, Sr.. Maia was Johnson's first child with ex-wife Shikiri Hightower. It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news about the passing of my beautiful Daughter Maia. The EPSN NFL analyst and radio host . Johnson made the announcement on social media on Monday, writing:. Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson broke the sad news on social media Monday that his oldest daughter, Maia, has died at 25. Thank you all, God Bless. https://t.co/tQFc6R6Txk. Shikri and Keyshawn got married two years later. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Thanks for contacting us. Johnson and Hightower were married from 1998 to 2002 and also have a son, Keyshawn Johnson Jr., according to Yahoo Sports. FORMER NFL player Keyshawn Johnson has announced the tragic news of the death of his daughter on social media in a heartbreaking post. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Johnson announced the death of his daughter Maia on social media. Met Gala Drama: The 14 Most Jaw-Dropping Moments to Ever Happen at Fashion's Biggest Night, Anna Wintour Reveals She Could Not Afford Dinner at the Met Gala in Her Early New York City Days, Met Gala 2023: Dua Lipa, Michaela Coel, Penlope Cruz and More to Co-Chair, Everything to Know About the 2023 Met Gala Honoring Karl Lagerfeld, The 15 Best Mother's Day Gift Ideas for Grandma That Show You Care, 15 Best Star Wars Day 2023 Deals at Amazon Right Now. Keyshawn Johnson, Sr.", A post shared by Keyshawn Johnson (@keyshawn). We are heartbroken and devastated by her loss. 1 pick of the NFL Draft for the New York Jets in 1996. Back in 2017, Shikiri shared an Instagram post detailing the pair's story for Maia's 22 birthday. PUBLISHED: March 15, 2021 at 5:26 p.m. | UPDATED: March 16, 2021 at 9:57 a.m. Maia Johnson, the first-born daughter of former USC wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson, has died, her father announced on . "We were so young, wanting nothing more than to be your parents. Maia Johnson, the daughter of former NFL wide receiver and current ESPN commentator Keyshawn Johnson, has died, the No. "It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news about the passing of my beautiful Daughter Maia," he wrote, calling his first born child "the joy" of his life. Shikiri was a 19-year-old student and Keyshawn was 22, when they had Maia, in 1995. Keyshawn Johnson announced on Monday that his elder daughter Maia Johnson had breathed her last in an emotional statement on Twitter. No cause of death has been given for Maia Johnson. They also have a son, Keyshawn Johnson Jr., who is 22 years old. The best insights from the ultimate insiders, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, What TV coverage of the NFL Draft could learn from the radio version, ABC airs NYC footage with Twin Towers during Knicks-Heat game, Fired ESPN reporters vulgar comment wasnt her firstjourney into the objectionable, ESPN star working NFL Draft nine months pregnant: Feel like I got hit by a truck. "It is with. Johnson tweeted Monday that his oldest daughter, Maia Johnson, had died at the age of 25. In . We are heartbroken and devastated by her loss, Keyshawn Johnson said of the loss of his daughter Maia. In a series of Twitter posts on Monday evening, March 15, 2021, the former All-Pro . The former NFL wide receiver shared the tragic news with his followers on Monday. Keyshawn Johnson is mourning the death of his daughter, Maia Hightower-Johnson, who has died at age 25. "We are heartbroken and devastated by her loss. "It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news about the passing of my beautiful Daughter Maia. Heartbroken dad issues warning after son, 13, dies in TikTok challenge, Red flag after possible suspect in missing brothers case made eerie request, Two dead and four injured after 19-year-old 'opens fire at prom after party', $80k reward offered for shooting suspect Francisco Oropesa after five killed, 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Maia Johnson, 25, died on Monday, March 15, 2021, Keyshawn Johnson said he is 'heartbroken and devastated' by Maia's loss. He then went on to play in the NFL for the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Cowboys and the Carolina Panthers. Former pro football player Keyshawn Johnson announced the tragic death of his daughter, Maia Johnson. 1 overall pick out of the University of Southern California by the New York Jets in 1996. March 16, 2021 / 4:30 AM ESPN released a statement in support of Johnson, who now works an ESPN analyst. announced the death of his 25-year-old daughter Maia Hightower-Johnson on Monday. Keyshawn, who currently works as a radio host for ESPN, announced the tragic death of Maia on Twitter. In the post, she called Maia "my fearless, beautiful, intelligent, well-traveled, resourceful daughter," and "my mini-me. She came into our lives just as we were both coming of age as adults and has been a constant beloved presence for both of us. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. The former NFL wide receiver shared the tragic news with his followers on Monday, March 15 . It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news about the passing of my beautiful Daughter Maia. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Former Jets star wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson said Monday that his oldest daughter, Maia, had died. We are all behind you during this tough time, the school tweeted. "Maia, as my first born child, has been the joy of my, and her Mother Shikiri's, life.". Former Jets star wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson said Monday that his oldest daughter, Maia, had died. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The former NFL wide receiver shared the tragic news with his followers on Monday, March 15. He has the full support of his ESPN family." ", She continued by calling her "fearless", "beautiful", "intelligent", "well-traveled", "resourceful" and her "mini-me.". We are heartbroken and devastated by her loss. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Maia Johnson, 25, died on Monday, March 15, 2021, Keyshawn Johnson said he is 'heartbroken and devastated' by Maia's loss, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Following Johnsons announcement of his daughters passing, ESPN said this in a statement: Our thoughts are with Keyshawn and his family as they deal with this unthinkable tragedy. Shikiri was a 19-year-old student and Keyshawn was 22, when they had Maia, in 1995. The former three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver announced that his daughter Maia Johnson-Hightower had passed away. Just four months before he was drafted by the New York Jets in 1996, he and then-girlfriend Shikiri Hightower welcomed a daughter together named Maia Johnson. Johnson went on to play for the Jets for several seasons before moving on to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 6-keys: media/spln/nfl/reg/free/stories, at Shikiri, Maias siblings, our family and me appreciate your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. "Four months later, your dad became the number one draft pick, our lives were forever changed. The former NFL wide receiver shared the tragic news with his followers on Monday,. In 2017, Shikiri shared their story on Instagram for Maia's 22nd birthday. The two were married from 1998-2002 and also have a son Keyshawn Johnson Jr together. She was 25. Maia, as my first born child, has been the joy of my, and her Mother Shikiris, life. "Four months later, your dad became the number one draft pick, our lives were forever changed. "She came into our lives just as we were both coming of age as adults and has been a constant beloved presence for both of us. Johnson shared the unfortunate news of Maia's death on . NFL Star Adam Thielen Honors Late Alex Trebek on His Monday Night Football Cleats, Louis Nix III, Former Notre Dame Star and NFL Player, Dies at 29, By signing up, you agree to our Johnson played a key role in Tampa winning Super Bowl XXXVII. Johnson did not note the cause of death. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: nfl | pageType: stories | He has seen every episode of Saved by the Bell at least 50 times, longs to perfect the crane kick from The Karate Kid and performs stand-up comedy, while also cheering on the New York Yankees and New York Giants. He retired in 2006 after stints with the Panthers and Cowboys, and joined ESPN a year later. She gave birth to Maia when she was a 19-year-old student at USC and Keyshawn was 22. Keyshawn Johnson had to share some incredibly sad news on Monday, March 15, when he took to social media to announce the death of his first-born daughter Maia. 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. "It is with incredible sadness that I have to share the news about the passing of my beautiful Daughter Maia," Johnson wrote on Twitter. On Monday, Johnson, 48, who works as a radio host and American football analyst for ESPN, announced via his Twitter account that his oldest daughter Maia had died at the age of 25. "We were so young, wanting nothing more than to be your parents. Former NFL player and current ESPN commentator Keyshawn Johnson said on Monday that one of his children has died. Shortly after he shared the post, ESPN released a supportive statement. We are heartbroken and devastated by her loss. Keyshawn Johnson was the No. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. Shikiri was a 19-year-old student and Keyshawn was 22, when they had Maia, in 1995. She said, "throughout our journey, we literally have been growing up, figuring life out, together. She came into our lives just as we were both coming of age as adults and has been a constant beloved presence for both of us.. The former NFL star and ESPN commentator announced the tragic news on social media on Monday. Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images. She was. Maia's age at the time of death was unclear. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". Maia Johnson, the daughter of former NFL wide receiver and current ESPN commentator Keyshawn Johnson, has died, the No. They also have a 22-year-old son, Keyshawn Johnson Jr. Back in 2017, Shikiri shared an Instagram post detailing the pair's story for Maia's 22 birthday. Maia Johnson was the firstborn daughter of Keyshawn Johnson and his ex-wife Shikiri Hightower. He retired from the NFL in 2007 and joined ESPN as a football analyst. Keyshawn saidon Twitter, "She came into our lives just as we were both coming of age as adults and has been a constant beloved presence for both of us. Bob D'Angelo, Cox Media Group National Content Desk, Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson grieving death of 25-year-old daughter, KIRO 7 News Seattle facebook feed(Opens a new window), KIRO 7 News Seattle twitter feed(Opens a new window), KIRO 7 News Seattle youtube feed(Opens a new window), Gov. Maia Johnson was the firstborn daughter of Keyshawn Johnson and his ex-wife Shikiri Hightower. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. We are heartbroken and devastated by her loss. Keyshawn shared the news of the death of his daughter on Monday, March 15, 2021. The sports talk show host met Maias mother, Shikiri Hightower, at the University of Southern California, and she gave birth to their daughter when she was a sophomore, Yahoo! EPSN released a statement in support of the Super Bowl championand his family following his post. He currently serves as an NFL analyst on ESPN's NFL Live and co-hosts ESPN Radio's weekday morning show, Keyshawn, JWill & Zubin with Jay Williams and Zubin Mehenti. "We went from inconspicuously driving you around campus in a beat up used Honda to life in a fish bowl, all eyes on us, without us truly understanding what that meant. And my precious child, with you plus God, that's all you'll continue to do, win, even when it feels like you're losing. In 2017, Shikirishared their story onInstagramfor Maia's 22nd birthday,writing, "We were so young, wanting nothing more than to be your parents." Keyshawn Johnson announced the death of his daughter Maia on Monday, March 15. The famously loquacious Johnson eventually made the seamless transition into NFL commentating as one of the hosts for NFL Sunday Countdown and Monday Night Countdown for seven years beginning in 2007. This website or its third-party tools process personal data.In case of sale of your personal information, you may opt out by using the link. The two were married from 1998 to 2002. Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson announced the death of his first-born daughter, Maia Johnson, on Monday. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies.
Chuck Lorre Arielle Mandelson Wedding, Stadium View American Family Field, Articles K