http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/miles-davis/kind-of-blue-mono#more. Pour a glass or cup of your preference and press play. Will debut at record stores on November 29th or thereabouts. Both the mono and the stereo originals display the same pitch problem, that went un-corrected for decades. You may ask how a perfectionist like Miles Davis or one of the other members of the band did not notice the pitch shift. Is there some mixing advantage of putting the 3 tracks into one channel instead of two ? I'll have to give it a try. (You must log in or sign up to reply here. are they all analogue process only? Kind of Blue est un album de jazz de Miles Davis sorti le 17 aot 1959 sur le label Columbia Records (rfrenc CL 1355).Il a t enregistr la mme anne, du 2 mars au 22 avril New York. Thanks Mikey. Take that away and things work quite differently in practice. When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, I just bought the 24/192 versions of KOB (mono and stereo) and they sound great. I've had 3 different people reluctantly follow my advice to buy the Ryan K Smith mono mastered KOB pressing and it's now by far their favorite pressing. Have a look. It is a sort of rattling sound. Yes, its not as ethereally spacious, but it better layers and balances the instruments in my opinion and if you remain unconvinced that mono can produce three-dimensionality, this record will convince you. I imagine that at source, they had 20 parallel-wired mastering lathes, A 1st cutting; B 2nd; C 3rd; D 4th; E 5th; F 6th; G 7th; H 8th; J 9th; K 10th; L 11th; AA 12th; AB 13th; AC 14th; AD 15h, the Columbia Six-Eye label was in use over five years. Good luck, L edition numrot de 2015 Dans un emballage carton bleu. One of these assumptions is wrong by a factor of ten, crazy, but we find what we find. (After completing the second take, which is the one used on the album, Miles Davis reportedly turned to the producer Irving Townsend and said, That was terrible, Irving.). In preparation for the commercial release, Columbia engineers cut at least 27 identical lacquers from the first master tape mix, one set mono, the other stereo. With Indianas convenient central US location, equidistant to East And West Coast, and a short distance for Illinois, it was possibly more economical to manufacture covers centrally and ship to pressing plants, but it takes some explaining why Kind of Blue promo jackets were manufactured at two locations, unless they were also being pressed at two plants Terre Haute and Bridgeport or even three, Hollywood, hence the code 6. (Yeah,they start with an A.) Hence the stereo (but not the mono) releases of Kind of Blue and virtually all the releases were stereo had always had those three tracks playing at slightly the wrong pitch. I saw Arthur's comments about distortion and as I was listening I instantly understood what Arthur was commenting on. Well.the mono has been the rarest version of Kind of Blue. When Sony announced the RSD release I assumed it would be similar to how they rolled out Milestones and Round About Midnight (a few months after)? Hoffman: Or "Your Mother Should Know." However, on Beatles For Sale, the mono version really bites because they worked so hard on it; it's so compressed and harsh sounding. 7 Columbia 1969 (original or subsidiary label) you can buy a dream or two - see you in the blue! What happened? When used as one center channel in an old school mono configuration, the sound stage/window can be rather small and wimpy, unlike live performers spread out over a real stage. Light VC, but there. I dont know if this was the case during the original release, but seeing that sometimes it was intentionally done to get a different result it brings in to question the validity of the subsequent remasters. It's truly stupid for vinyl sellers like Insound.com to sell those things. Many processes today are managed by computers, which have sequential logic built in. Usually this meant speeding up the playback to keep things sounding tighter.he usually did this by wrapping the capstan of the machine with thin splicing tape. Indispensable, LondonJazz is a not-for profit venture, but may occasionally take on work as a paid publicist and/or sell advertising packages. The original recording sessions for Kind of Blue took place at the Columbia 30th Street Studios in Manhattan, nicknamed the Church, in March and April 1959. 1A/1D. http://www.analogplanet.com/content/miles-davis-kind-blue-monophonic-reissue-sonylegacy-analog-planet-exclusive. Just received my copy by mail, i haven't ear it yet, but something is strange to me. And Crosley, maker of the cheap, groove chewing turntables is a participant. It will likely be Black Fridaytwo days away from my birthday this year! They are all potentially the first. The mono original (and reissue) provides a better overall instrumental balance, with greater emphasis on the piano and more solid imaging. But most importantly, the music experience is complete and organically "whole," making a strong case for the superiority of the mono mix. Mix - Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue Vinyl LP Review And Comparison What Version Is The Best Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, and more Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue (FULL MONO LP. So, would you consider the stereo "unfolded"? Kind of Blue Mono & Stereo Collector's Edition 2LP Set 180 gram, 33 rpm, Collector's Edition, Gatefold, Mono. Also what comes to trusting the recommendations of people on audio forums, I stopped paying any attention to what critics of any kind music, audio, or otherwise have to say years ago, but the people who write their opinions on audio forums I have equally low faith in. UPDATE 12/08/19: a copy with 1F has been found, with track listing error Side 2 1D/1F with TA etching (Conn. plant). It amazes me that so few hear or recognize the distortion present throughout, especially on So What. Was looking at the RSD mono re-issue of KOB but just learned that it didn't come from the original mono masters. Stereo promos replicate the early track sequence error seen on the mono promolabels i.e. Happy holidays to all. Miles Daviss spiralling, restless trumpet on Freddie Freeloader and its seesaw insinuation on All Blues, Bill Evanss delicate, meditative haiku of a piano in Flamenco Sketches, Coltranes silken, slithering tenor lament on Blue in Green, Paul Chambers low, slow heartbeat of a bass, the soft, considered percussion of Jimmy Cobbs drums and the pulsing tick of his cymbals are all immaculately rendered. A few other sharp-eyed KOB sellers noted T stamps a TA/ TB permutation, and a TB/ TC permutation. and our Luckily for vinyl fans, the story doesnt end there. A must have! My dad put aside a copy of the Kind of Blue 50th anniversary box set for me recently. Ended: Apr 29, 2023 , 5:16PM. When KOB was originally recorded, Columbia ran simultaneous mono and three-track stereo tape recorderstwo each, one of each being for safety back-up. Kind of Blue mono promo jacket codes 2 (NY), 4 and 6 (IN). Is there any evidence to indicate that the mono was mixed from the same 3-track tape as the stereo? That evidence is the Cover Fabricator Code found on the bottom right corner of the jackets accompanying promos. What is the slight distortion that is present in every copy of KOB I've ever heard? 2: Spirit "Spirit" is a cartridge of the central existence by the development of the vertical axis concentration method. If the covers were merely manufactured centrally at Indianapolis and supplied to Bridgeport for the promo pressing, why is there both 4 and 2, AND 6. The SACD always sounded kind of tubby/boomy but the CD is awful compared to these new files. and we'd love to turn you on. Over the years, further cuttings from the original mastering were brought into service. Did the 2022 Revolver mono vinyl LP from the box set come in a stereo jacket? I'm not going to write about the modal music here. Around a quarter were code 2 (Brooklyn) , three quarters are code 4 (Indianapolis) and just one 6, (also Indianapolis when supplying jackets to West Coast pressing plants). Since the mono tapes apparently no longer exist, recent monophonic reissues (yes, some people do prefer mono) were created by mixing down the three tracks on the backup stereo master to a single track. Band 2so French. I appreciate the help. That is 100,000 albums per lacquer. Not just the . I agree Crosley is the devil. Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Adagio, Jun 27, 2021. A 1st cutting; B 2nd; C 3rd; D 4th;E 5th; F 6th; There are clusters around certain letters, for example 1AJ on Side 1 is found with Side 2 as 1AD, 1AE,1AF and 1AG. The Radio Museum website lists several Hoffman consoles from 1959 which is a plausible year for one of the early stereo "two-box" style consoles. I'm not extremely happy with the MOFI pressing that I bought recently. Other fonts were used by printers for other plant locations. It is art after alland there is really only one master, and only one first pressing which Miles and Teo agreed on as being "finished". To speculate that Teo/Miles/the band "never bothered to listen or simply didn't notice" is just plain insulting to those involved. never bought the 200G version by classic records because I understood that the QC on this pressing is bad and that the pressing is really noisy. Needle doctor even sells them. All Blues)and the track-list corrected, right(1. Where? Only one -1A/ -1B/ or -1Cstereo six-eye was found, claimed as mythical 1B/1B of which I am highly sceptical. Ebay auctions of Kind of Blue on six-eye label over last three years where, seller identified matrix on both sides (198 commercial releases, 218 in total including twenty promos). I found 20 sufficiently sharp pictures of back covers acompanying promos. The number of channels used while recording and listening to audio is the primary distinction between Mono and Stereo sound. ), the mono reissue is a necessity not an "add-on" option! hows the quality of the LP in the box set? And that file was sourced for a new and noise-free vinyl release by an enterprising company called Music On Vinyl. No other letters were found. I wonder how a fancy (like Mikey's German unit) or homebrew ultrasonic would do for getting the embedded plastic grunge off? I didn't realize Music On Vinyl was releasing this same version on RSD as the Columbia pressing. :-). The highest value found was 1BD for Side 1 and 1BE (27th lacquer) for Side 2. LPs deriving from a digital source should be anathema to analog purists (like myself) but the Music On Vinyl Kind of Blue sounds terrific, crisp and precise, yet never lacking in warmth or immediacy.
City Of Miami Building Permit Application, Ww2 Damage Visible Today London, Articles K