With the wide field of view, youre able to keep both eyes open when you look through the window, keeping your awareness up instead of blocking your field of view. Click Change Settings if you want to tailor the use of your cookies. The case is opened as shown in the second image below by pulling the ridged tabs on the left and right outwards releasing the locking mechanism. The customer understands and agrees that except for the foregoing warranty, no other warranties written or oral, statutory, expressed, or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, shall apply to the product. I have a few I could send in. 3 reviews. It was out of the standard warranty. Building from their experience working with ERIM, the founders of EOTECH were on the ground level of weapons optic; much, in the same way, Leopold was for rifle scopes. I understand they are tough but in the event if something does happen. I called them today and they said the buyback was over a few years ago. While the T2 is night vision compatible, the holographic reticle is much easier to see under NVGs and wont give away your position. The NV setting didn't work and then the ever common battery box issue happened and it won't even turn on now. $1,545.00. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win. Top Class Actionss website and social media posts use affiliate links. The EOTech class action lawsuit alleges that certain holographic weapons sights made by EOTech were defective in several ways, which affected the performance of the holographic weapons sights under someconditions. Lightweight carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer construction. These blogs are purely written from my own experience in truth to help advise and inform others who may wish to purchase the items or understand more about them. The case measures 9 x 16 x 19 cm (H x W x L) and weighs 576g in total (193g case + 28g card sleeve + 220g G33 + 84g STS Mount + 19g 7mm riser & 4x screws + 32g ancillaries). If they aren't EOTech will ultimately drive their loyal customers else where! Using the 65 MOA ring can come in handy when shooting at targets over longer distances and accounting for holdover whereas with a red dot you really just have to eyeball it yourself. It must also be said that EOTechs bullseye reticle is known for its ability in aiding shooters with faster target acquisition. Company > Innovations > Careers. UPDATE: On Sept. 18, 2017, Top Class Actions viewers who submitted valid and timely claims started receiving checks for the EOTech class action settlement worth as much as $50. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Once this is achieved, the final zero should be verified using live fire. When fixed together both components feel solidly connected and when moving into the engaged (closed) position it continues to feel solid. I hope they take care of both of you guys. I am an Army MP deployed to afghanistan. Peoples lives depend on this product and its not as if its cheap. In no event shall EOTECH be liable for consequential, incidental, or special damages or loss of profits or business opportunity. The market is very plentiful today for optics which is great but can make it hard to choose or know whats best for your AR-15 rifle. 6:15-cv-03519-BCW, in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, Andrew Tyler Foster, et al. Though most EOTechs have auto turn-off feature they do not have the shake awake feature but neither does Aimpoint. TNVC/NGI Giveaway: 15 winners with over $7000 worth of prizes!! NES Member. Now it has 10, and the reticle is barely visible on a sunny day on the brightest setting. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF EOTECH WITH RESPECT TO VUDU RIFLESCOPES COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. Multiple Aimpoint models have a better reputation for their durability as theyve been tested against several chemicals, are more shock resistant and can operate in a wider range of temperatures compared to EOTechs. This warranty does not apply to the following: Applies to products manufactured on or before December 31, 2017. MILITARY: Call 703-445-1600 or send us an email. You can change these settings at any time. The largest Military & Government exclusive ecommerce site offering discounts up to 50% off current season goods from 700+ top lifestyle and tactical brands. Any update on the final hearing scheduled 7/7/17?? It is better to have loved and lost (the 65moa ring-dot holographic reticle) than to never have loved it at all. I have 2 model 512s that dont work. Register. This is the part of the optic that I mean when I say technologically advanced. Called the Vudu 1-10x28 mm riflescope, the optic is designed for close to medium range targets with a variable. Menu. T. All rights reserved. Two holes (1 on top, 1 on right hand side) allow the 2 adjustment dials (vertical on top and horizontal on the right) to be accessible. I have had an Eotech for almost three years on my department entry weapon now. Also out of the current models which of them looks best? Now to Eotech's credit the sight still works with a shattered front window and a big chunk of glass missing from it. However, the company has agreed to settle the class action lawsuit to avoid the distraction and expense of litigation. Should you experience a problem with your EOTECH product, we will do the following to make it right for you. In it's entirety the sight can be broken down into 3 parts; outer sleeve, main body and lenses. I also see that the model has been discontinued. The more we talk about the poor craftsman ship they show the better. However, this can result in some functions no longer being available. I would recommend them from my experience. 3 reviews. I have the same problem, fuzzy sight picture. With the EOTECH Prestige Warranty, we warrant that your Holographic Weapon Sight or Magnifier product will be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship (including electronics) under normal use for a period of ten (10) years from the later of (i) customer's proof of the first purchase of the new product from an authorized I was a die hard EOTech guy against my better instincts. The Vudu 1-1028 FFP available in your choice of three different reticles. I had an EOTech not survive the long car ride to a match. Learn more about the cookies we use. ERIM was responsible for creating some of the militarys first remote sensing and holography technology for small firearms. HAHOis dedicated to the reviews oftactical equipment used by Military forces, Law Enforcement Agencies and civilians across the globe. We had a few L-3 parts on our aircraft in the Air Force and they were good at warranty work then. Register Product. Just as Aimpoint is known for originating the red dot, EOTech is known for their Holographic Weapon Sights' reticle (also known as the "bullseye" reticle). A settlement has been proposed in a class action lawsuit alleging certain holographic weapon sights manufactured by the EOTech division of L-3 Communications Corporation do not work as advertised. I got an email back from them saying they cant repair it but can get 50% a new sight if I send mine to them. The warranty was 2 years, and EOTech has agreed to repair it at no charge. c/o Heffler Claims Group [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Eotech refuses to service older holographic sights. document.getElementById( "ak_js_5" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); @2023 Top Class Actions. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. 2111, or send us an email. Here is a look at my EOTech XPS after being returned for repair. - HOW TO DETECT A COUNTERFEIT EOTECH, USE FATHER'S DAY CODE "EOTECHDAD" AT CHECKOUT FOR 20% OFF ALL T-SHIRTS, FREE SHIPPING / LAST DAY! Since Im late to I need to start my own lawsuit? all claims about benefit and performance characteristics assume normal, guilty usage within the warranty range. EOTECH advise the following for maintenance of the XPS3; Fingerprints and lubricants can be removed using a lens cloth or soft cotton cloth, Never clean lens with dry cloth or paper towel, Exterior can be wiped using water based cleaner such as; glass cleaner, ammonia or soap and water, If sight becomes wet or submerged, remove excess water droplets and allow to dry naturally. the content you have visited before, Advertising: Gather personally identifiable information such as name and location, Advertising: Use information for tailored advertising with third parties, Advertising: Allow you to connect to social sites, Advertising: Identify device you are using. Both brands have great options for night vision compatibility as well. My 512 has sight issues, large and fuzzy sight picture, no way for me to adjust it. Please review our Affiliate Link Disclosure for more information. We utilize state of the art 5-axis CNC machines to mill all our .308 and AR-15 80 percent lower receivers to incredibly precise tolerances using premium billet aluminum. Below is the list to follow to zero in your optic with iron sights: Flip-up the iron sights and set the rear sight on the small aperture. How to Assemble and Use the GST-9 Infinity Jig. EOTech stands by its holographic weapons sights and maintains that it did nothing wrong. The G33 Magnifier is in a box exactly what is required for any magnifier and certainly sets a standard amongst the market. Address *. I think its time for those of us that were never notified by EOTECH to file another lawsuit. I just found out about this too. Phone *. It just went tits up before we left conus so I called EOTech. I had no idea either. The interior base tray is designed to enable it to house a multitude of EOTECH products with the foam specifically cut for the G33 magnifier. We want you to be as confident in your purchase as we are in the quality of our product. This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens. One new winner* is announced every week! If you don't like it you should be able to sell it on the EE for what you have into it. This is where preference meets ease of use. EOTECH will show you the stores that are licensed to carry their gear. I had a 552 that was out of spec and the batteries corroded inside the site. Overall I'd say it's a good product as long as you start with the expectation that you will be looking at a black/maroon reticle in a lot of lighting conditions, and don't mind the acceptable but weak warranty. We use cookies to improve functionality and performance, enhance user experience, and provide tailored content. All such implied warranties are hereby and expressly disclaimed. I've had zero problems with any of my EOTech's and when I have had to deal with the guys at the plant they were more than willing to help. status of any class action settlement claim. I asked Trijicon if they could look at an old-ass beat up ACOG, and even said I was fine getting a quote on what any repairs would be, and that I bought it secondhand. Herein lies the product description from the, Behind the removable foam of the upper cover are 3 cards; operators instruction card, warranty card, disclaimer and an EOTECH sticker. Improved feed lip design for optimized feeding and reliability. Reply. drug injury lawsuits and product liability lawsuits. The eotechs the military issues have even moved on to the EXPS series. I didnt know about this recall either. EOTech has also been an industry favorite brand of US Special Operations (USSOCOM), elite Army units, and the Marine Corp. Best Aimpoint Sights J. Andrew Langan PC My hypothesis stands but may not apply to the OP's sights due to the timing. The lens apertures are manufactured from toughened glass with the interior of the sight sealed and filled with nitrogen to prevent fogging and condensation build up. (It's been years since it was under warranty). Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. All of the Magnifiers feature key characteristics that are consistent across any of the Magnifier models. To ensure youre not buying a counterfeit EOTECH, buy from licensed dealers. In addition, if the product is auto-gated, it is not able to withstand exposure to constant light including, but not limited to, light sources, weapon sights, or laser radiation. EOTECH SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. I cannot believe they'd treat a soldier like that, when the soldier has to depend on a product they sell. 80% Arms sells AR-15 and .308 80% Lower Receivers, 80% Lower Jigs and other accessories which allow you to legally build a firearm at home in most states. Can't beat that. Please also note, that if your Product ever does require Warranty service, obtaining such service will be much easier if you have read the Warranty that applies to your product and have completed the Product Registration. I am not paid for my blogs by the manufacturers or companies that I purchase my items from. Changed the furniture on my AR to pink to give to the wife today and I noticed the INSIDE of the rear lens has spider webbing on the finish. Like I want another one of their sights after all this!!! v. L-3 Communications EOTech, et al. Browse images of Holosun products. Combined with magnifiers, Night Vision or Thermal scopes they can critically enhance the operators ability to identify and neutralise threats before they can become a major threat. I've contacted them several times about having the front glass window replaced but they refuse to fix it. Purchase of EOTECH branded product(s) from non-Authorized EOTECH International Resellers will be considered VOID of WARRANTY. The list below includes different ways to identify a fake EOTECH HWS. This goes against an email I received from Heffler Claims Group stating that checks would be mailed no later than 30 days after the effective date of August 7th (which should have been September 7th) If they are in fact mailed tomorrow, it could be as late as Tuesday September 19th before we get our checks based on the USPS shipping estimation. I bought mine on name and company rep. too. An example of a UPC is shown below. You can do this by clicking on your desired product or go to the store locater page. It sucks investing your money and loyalty into a product platform, only to have the rug pulled up from under your feet. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You can contact class counsel with your questions. Jesus. Trust me the last thing I wanted to be doing on my only pass and last chance to spend time with my wife was call EOTech. Ive had great service from L3. As with many other businesses, we are resuming operations and occasionally are experiencing some unusual delays. The holographic reticle is also very useful in medium to long distance shooting. For example, the HWS is built with a non-reflective sight window and holographic reticle visible only to you. We understand your passion for the sport and your reliance on products that will provide years of dependable use. We promise to be respectful of your time and privacy. I cannot imagine what I am going to go through being a lonely old disabled vet. Of it weren't so hard for an e4 with dependents to afford an Aimpoint T1 I'd have one in a heartbeat. The operators within SEAL Team use an EOTECH on the majority of their weapons systems and in particular they use the EXPS3-0 variant due to; A) night vision compatibility - the team have on numerous occasions used the EXPS3-0 in a night time environment and again the dual use provides the team, double the benefits for no extra rail space cost or additional equipment requiring to be carried or afixed such as a NV sight. Any update on anyone receiving their checks? Herein lies the product description from the website; Chosen and trusted by tip-of-the-spear U.S Armed Forces, our battle-tested G33 Magnifier mounts directly behind an EOTECH Holographic Weapon Sight (HWS). The EOTECH advantage is essentially a list of features that all EOTECH products have built into them. BUILDING A TIKKA T3 LITE SCOPE THIS GUN. The STS is also ambidextrous in that it give the user a choice for the magnifier to either be flipped to the left or right. Warranty - EOTECH guarantees every product to be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of ten (10) years from the manufacturers date or customers proof of purchase. EOTech XPS2-0 68 MOA Ring 1 MOA Dot Like New Demo Holographic Sight XPS2-0. My experience w/ EOTech and CS has been positive so far. $650 down the can. When it comes to battery life Aimpoint takes multiple cakes over EOTech sights. The official warranty for EOTECH a 10-year limited and a 2-year product warranty. The QD function enables the STS to be quickly attached and unattached from the rifle. Turn the EOTECH on and adjust the brightness settings so the center dot is dimmer than the laser bore projected dot (the center dot on the EOTECH will not be used in this process). Effective August 1st, 2020 EOTECH is no longer a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies. This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser/customer. Register by completing the form below: JOIN THE #EOTECHPRIVATELOUNGE A REAL AMERICAN COMPANY I understand they are tough but in the event if something does happen. On the underside of the Magnifier behind the STS mounting plate as shown in the ninth image below, there are 2 screws which aid in identifying the product as genuine, with 1 of the screws enabling the functionality of a nitrogen purge. Told me to fill out an RMA request and gave me a RMA number. 2. All EOTECH Product is designed to give many years of trouble-free performance and reliability. I own an Eotech 553 that I purchased new back in 2012, it was expensive. Will they deny me warranty work because of this? Holding the G33 in position against the riser you can screw the two parts together. Anytime we were doing good it worked perfectly, for whatever reason. I purchased both of these sights through a retailer. Please register your EOTECH, Vudu or EFLX product to help us better serve you with product updates and the latest news. HAHO will provide you with blogs containing history of the manufacturers, the products, an in-depth look at the products, detailed photographs and a summary opinion. EOTECH will repair or replace all issues related to materials and workmanship. You can rest easy that EOTECH optics will keep you as hidden as you want to be. I remember I used to feel bad if I didnt know how to sight in an optic, but with the advances in technology, its become more difficult. How much trouble is it to replace a front glass window on this sight? All Rights Reserved. What options do I have? EOTech won't repair it because they want all optics, new and repaired, to be able to meet their current (2018+) performance specifications. Most service parts are stocked 3-5 years. No BS. I got an RMA number by e-mailing them and sent it back. I am one of those firm believers that if I pay $600 for something like an optic, I want it covered forever. After obtaining a sight picture, adjust the EOTECH so the 1 MOA dot sits directly on top of the front post. Its an older model thats been around for like 14 years or something. - HOW TO DETECT A COUNTERFEIT EOTECH, USE FATHER'S DAY CODE "EOTECHDAD" AT CHECKOUT FOR 20% OFF ALL T-SHIRTS, FREE SHIPPING / LAST DAY! for the EOTech class action settlement worth as much as $50. EOTECH products, to be repaired under the warranty service, must have a valid return authorization number by submitting a Return Authorization Request Online. One new winner* is announced every week! Over the decades, EOTECH has garnered support from across the globe from the Military, LEA (Law Enforcement Agencies) and Civilians (competition shooters and home defence). We understand your passion for shooting and your reliance on products that will provide years of dependable use. I own a 512 and I just found out about this as well. The front lens shattered upon an impact. Weapon sights by themselves provide an advantage to the operator. (if I leave them making contact). In the event a defect that is covered by the warranty occurs during the applicable period stated above, EOTECH, at its discretion, will either repair or replace the product with a comparable product. Or just get a Vortex UH-1 that has their awesome warranty should you ever need it. I was just up in Michigan and stopped by their factory. The UPC can be located on the end of the EOTech products storage case. Magnifiers fit a market and demand is always present for them. Class Members who have not previously received a refund and want to keep theirEOTech Holographic Weapon Sight, can receive between $25 or $50 in cash or a $100 voucher for a new EOTech product. Youll have much faster target acquisition and situational awareness with every optic you buy from EOTECH. The riser is a small piece of metal with the simple function of enabling the magnifier to be used with QD variants of the Holographic Weapon Sight (HWS). Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. A counterfeit EOTECH will not have the holographic technology (Unwavering Focus) that makes an EOTECH so impressive. Too bad Eotech never notified anyone about thisand now I have missed the damn claim period. Be first to know about promotions and new product launches. Battle of the Barrels: Faxon vs Ballistic Advantage, Spotting Scope vs Binoculars: Choosing The Right Glass, Faxon Glock 48 Barrels: Are They Worth the Investment? Top Class Actions is a legal news source Q: Where is the serial number barcode? I had a AA battery leak inside mine, which got corrosion all over the inside of the battery compartment and made the sight turn off after one trigger pull. What do I have to do to get on the eotech claim. If using the magnifier without a QD variant of the HWS, the riser is not needed. Eotech offered me to give them back the 553 sight in exchange for a 50% off coupon for any of their current models. Is this an anti-glare on the inside or what is it? As shown in the sixth image below, in this configuration, the magnifier will flip to the right hand side. An EOTECH optic is 100% waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof, whereas, a counterfeit will not be able to ensure any of the common features. If youre planning on being a squid or a frogman, Aimpoints are probably the way to go but be honest with yourself, are you actually going to ever dive with your firearm and optics deeper than a few feet of water? expected to be mailed out. Box 60255 If I wanted to fill out a return authorization/repair order, on there website they will get back to me in a few days to offer me probably an expensive repair option, or a 50% off new eotech with return of old holographic. I feel they are being fair, the issue with a 7+yo optic isnt a defect. Whenever you modify something whether that's adding a part of taking one away it can effect your warranty if they determine that change is the cause of your issue. To use the STS, the operator takes a firm grip of the rubberised outer cover and pulls either to the left or right hand side to disengage the magnifier. If youre using an AR15 and shooting .223 or 5.56, either of these two holographic reticles will work very well for you. I have a 517 that I purchased in August 2014. No problems getting that fixed and it's older than the EOTech! Would adding the GG&G covers by removing the hood effect the battery compartment for instance? The customer acknowledges and agrees to comply with all applicable regulations regarding export/import, re-export, or disclosure (including but not limited to United States or Greece regulations) and will obtain any and all such registrations, licenses, agreements, approvals and/or certifications, as may be required by regulations for the export of technical data that may be provided under this Warranty. All rights reserved. EOTECH holographic sights allow you to use NVGs or any other night vision technology through the HWS without any complication or reflection. If you like it, use it, you're resetting your warranty/fix clock pretty cheap with the new one. I am not offered freebies to promote a product. Like, Follow, Subscribe and Share! If you look at the EOTech EXPS3 it can run anywhere from 600 to 1,000 hours on a single CR123A battery. EOTECH products not in the Holographic Weapon Sight or Magnifier product families, specifically, but not limited to, Vudu riflescopes; Laser Battery Caps (LBC); or L3Harris Insight branded products. This feature allows you to focus on the reticle and the target without losing the field of view. The easiest way to ensure your getting the real deal is to go to https://www.eotechinc.com/ and search for a store that is closest to you. All Rights Reserved. However, extensive damage may or may not be repairable. https://topclassactions.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php. EOTECH sells and prides itself on optics that deliver unparalleled speed, accuracy and reliability. I had not heard or received notification of a recall at all. Counterfeit products will not be able to handle the shock from any small to medium size gun (Pistol, rifle). I sent in the warranty registration so why wasnt I notified of this buy back/recall? Unfortunately, thats not how capitalism works and people also lie to companies to take advantage of their commitment to service.
What Happens If I Stop Paying My Bluegreen Timeshare, Why Is Prince George Alexander Louis So Rich, Benidorm Actor Dies 2019, Articles E