The highly acclaimed production of JOSEPH AND THE TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT has made its way to Toronto. He most recently appeared as Jack Kelly in his school's production of Newsies. Here's all the songs in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. He came to rehearsals every now and again because our director was trying to shape up Joseph, give it a new feel, a new vibe. To order With a score including renowned pop and musical theatre songs Any Dream Will Do, Close Every Door To Me, Jacob And Sons, There's One More Angel In Heaven, and Go Go Go Joseph, this is a definitive musical for the ages. Before rehearsals start, you take yourself on a much-deserved vacation to Europe. INTO THE WOODS & More Lead 2023 Drama League Award Nominations. If you continue to use the site, your agreement will result in cookies being set. hile Andrew Lloyd Webber bumpily steers his latest. It made us all feel more comfortable. Like. Liked. ArtsEd has been instrumental to that journey, he adds. Particularly for the vocal elements, like I could suggest opting up on certain moments or adding a couple of riffs here and there just to make it a bit more contemporary. He will be joining Sheridan Smith, who will be playing the Narrator, and Jason Donovan, who returns to the musical after appearing in the Palladium production in 1991. While youre away, the phone rings: Lloyd Webber has personally invited you to the workshop of his new version of Cinderella in London. I see direct evidence of this as we walk around the theatre, and he greets members of the stage and sound crew by name. As an Enterprise Sales Leader at LinkedIn, I lead a team of Account Directors who serve our existing clients in the West region. But my family is quite theatrical in that they like to have fun: my mum is just a big old fangirl. Opening night was just four days ago when I met him backstage at the London Palladium, London's premiere home of variety and lavish musicals. The only odd note is her costume shiny leggings, sparkly trainers and high ponytail, which give her the look of an aerobics instructor. I started to get emotional; it was crazycompletely mindblowing. Really, he couldnt have been more supportive that night., Yarrow, who brings the role to the Princess of Wales theatre this month, is no stranger to Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat (or the ALW canon, though he admitted under duress his favourite show is actually Sunset Boulevard). "I end the song looking away from the audience, but then the applause went on a bit longer than usual, so I tilted my head and saw people stood up and started to cry. Sophie Isaacs, Gary Wilmot, and Jac Yarrow, Jac Yarrow, Alexandra Burke, and ensemble, Matt Slack, Andrew Ryan, Faye Brookes, Lesley Joseph, Joe McElderry, Jac Yarrow, Doreen Tipton. The seduction scene, in which Burke plays Potiphars lascivious wife, has a kitschy whiff of Carry On, while the Pharaohs song is pure Las Vegas gold. [Laughs] "When I was about seven, at a Saturday stage school called Stage Centre in Cardiff [where he was raised and his family still lives], we did a mash-up revue of songs from Joseph and Sweeney Todd. 0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes. I was talking to someone the other day who asked me if it had sunk in yet, and I said I don't think its going to sink in till about three months after we close and I'm able to process what just happened.". And thats how you meet your boss, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, for the first time. Is it true that you are talking to me from the same star dressing room at the Palladium that once housed Judy Garland, among many others? Featuring music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat features songs that have gone on to become pop and musical-theater standards, including "Any Dream Will Do," "Close Every Door to Me," "Jacob and Sons," "There's One More Angel in Heaven" and "Go Go Go Joseph." Harrison came to see it at the urging of Jorg Betts, an agent who spotted Jac in an earlier student show Once on This Island. Reels. '', before quickly adding, "I hope not! Following a completely sold out season in 2019, theatre fans have been eagerly awaiting the return of the iconic West End show and a star-studded cast just adds to that. But then Andrew would come in, listen to what wed done and give his approval, which was really cool, he explained. But as soon as the show started, I felt relaxed. "After the show, he said that I should come audition for Joseph. Its 2019. When I was a kid my parents would say, Lets go to the stage door and get an autograph. Id say, No, I dont want to, because one day I might be working with these people and then Id be embarrassed. My parents would laugh but now I have worked with some of those people I saw in shows as a kid. Jac Yarrow will star in a strictly limited season at the London Palladium. love it. but we also hear from JAC YARROW, who we spoke to at Cardiff Castle, where he came along for a photo . No comment. What do you make of double Olivier Award winner Sheridan Smith, who plays an irrepressible Narrator and various other roles besides? If I ever move here permanently, which Im very tempted to do, I will become obsessed with basketball, he said. Im the first Joseph not to wear a loincloth. The full company for the star-studded company has been confirmed for the West End Gala charity concert new musicalAT LAST, ITS SUMMER. ", One of the nicest thing about the job is that Harrison also found four more of Jac's ArtsEd year to play other supporting roles: "They knew they were doing the show before I did, and I knew they were doing it before they knew I was! At the London Palladium until 5 September. I immediately quip there's nothing like starting out at the top, to which he self-deprecatingly shoots back, "It's downhill from here! To celebrate the opening of this iconic show, we sat down with Alexandra, Jason and Jac to find out how it feels to return #BackOnStage, what they love about their roles and to play some fun games! Now he's settling into the run of the show itself, there's still plenty of work to be done. Originally released as a concept album in 1969, the stage version of Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat has become one of the worlds most beloved family musicals. On the first day I sang Close Every Door in rehearsal, he was the first one to wrap his arms around me. No problem. He lives on planet Joseph. ", His mum and sister were actually seated behind me that night, and were both in tears. Lea Michele and Myles Frost to Announce 2023 Tony Award Nominations. How does it feel to be claiming that star spot for yourself, in what, remarkably, marks your professional theater debut on any stage? Im pretty sure I wore my uniform, which was a black T-shirt and running pants., Its clear why Lloyd Webber chose Yarrow as his leading man. Jac Yarrow is set return to the lead role in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the world famous London Palladium, alongside Jason Donovan and Alexandra Burke. I live on my own in London, which I enjoy, especially when Im performing. Then the next day the full company was in, we had the set model reveal - it was the most exciting day. Oh my gosh. It is when the desert hues of Canaan give way to the blingy modern surfaces of the Pharaohs palace in Egypt that the show begins to dazzle visually. I watched the Cats DVD and listened to Phantom Of The Opera. West End, Off-West End, fringe shows, exclusive members discount at top celeb hang out, post-show Q&As and meet and greets. "I knew that I wanted to go to ArtsEd from when I was about ten years old. I do think she's still underrated and that all you need to do is see her [on TV] as Cilla Black or as Mrs. Biggs to see that she's one of the best actresses of her generation: yes, she has an amazing voice but she also has a gift that you can't teach. Hillary Clinton says 'Americans' guided Russia's attack on her campaign, suggesting Trump's campaign 'colluded' with Russia. See performance dates, and learn how to purchase tickets! expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Toronto Newspapers Limited, 8 Spadina Avenue, 10th Floor, Toronto, ON M5V 0S8. But about three or four weeks after that I went in and sang "Any Dream will Do" and "Close Every Door", to a whole panel which included the director [Laurence Connor] and choreographer [Joanne M Hunter] for the first time. View our Privacy Policy. Yarrow is a 21-year-old student studying dramaat Arts Educational School in London. ", It may be his professional debut - but not his first time singing the songs on a stage. I remember holding the position and thinking, I have to do something to stop this. I was mortified, said Yarrow. 'Close Every Door' Donny Osmond | Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat The Shows Must Go On! The 2021 production stars Jac Yarrow as Joseph, reprising his performance from 2019. . I would follow my favourite performers on Twitter and Instagram. They've been about five times or so, which sounds like quite a lot to me but hasn't really been on a regular basis. It wont take long for Toronto audiences to fall in love with Yarrow. Posts. Book your tickets to see this beautiful show below. Originally published on Jul 16, 201900:00, Jac Yarrow interview: 'The entire Joseph process has been a surreal one', Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat tickets. This website uses cookies. https://prf.hn/l/K98apwQ Theater My parents and my sister love musicals. Puppy yoga, he gushed. Jac Yarrow @jacyarrow Oct 29 . Im so excited. Read More. I know Jason got to keep his and I would love that, but nothing has been discussed. Additional casting is to come. If youve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page wed love to hear from you. I actually played Joseph when I was 10. Vanessa Fisher, Jac Yarrow and the company. Star of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor DreamcoatJac Yarrow, 23, on stepping into the shoes of Jason Donovan and Phillip Schofield, returning to the stage after lockdown, and a rather embarrassing rehearsal in front of Andrew Lloyd Webber. For the most part we did but there were some parts where we would just look at each other and wait for it to come. Spectacular visuals and an enchanting score packed with hit songs including Close Every Door to Me, Go Go Go Joseph and Any Dream Will Do make this a dream of a show for the entire family.Donate to these worthwhile arts causes: UK: http://actingforothers.co.uk/US: https://broadwaycares.org/Australia: https://www.actorsbenevolentfund.org.au/Donate to NHS Charities COVID19 Appeal:http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/NHSCharitiesCOVID19Buy and Keep the full show here:/fri5lzIf you enjoyed that why not check out these other hit musicals! It was harder with the choreography. Pure Las Vegas gold Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Youre going to collaborate with Andrew Lloyd Webber. I was a theatre geek. As the show is part ofKids Week 2021, you can enjoy half-price family tickets for performances throughout August.
Virgin Atlantic Covid Refund, Articles J